It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think most of you could appreciate Sepultura

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Especially if you happen to live in Greece at the moment

edit on 7/26/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/26/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"Silence means death."

I miss the Max Cavalera days of Sepultura.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Yeah, I have their "Dante XXI" album which was put out by their newer line-up and I can't say its bad but it isn't as good. I still haven't given "Kairos" a good listen yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
kaiowas is awsome as it's dedicated to the tribe from the rainforest who committed mass suicide as a protest against the government for trying to take their land.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've loved this band ever since I was in highschool, and first saw them on a Ozzfest tape one of my friends got me for my birthday.. is the new album out now? Saw it was coming out soon a few weeks ago but haven't been keeping track of music too much lately, mainly cuz most of it is crap these days.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Time2Think because: fixed typos

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wideeye01

lol That is pretty cool.

I've always had a fascination with the band. I think its great how they were piss poor when they started the band and managed to come out on top. The vocalist said in one of the interviews that they couldn't afford a bullet belt but they really wanted one for an early photo shoot, so they took a bunch of dead batteries and painted them and strapped them to a cheap belt...

Sepultura is pure testosterone.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
I've loved this band ever since I was in highschool, and first saw them on a Ozzfest tape one of my friends got me for my birthday.. is the new album out now?

Yup. Its not bad, but don't expect the same band members that you know of from years ago.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My friend Gizmo and i were at Donnington monsters of rock festival 1996 when max's step son died, "sad news, however they still played the set with three members, it rocked on so many different levels man.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
yea, it's different.. but still really good

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Pre or post Max leaving I love it all.
Arise is still my favorite album.
I hear a lot of fans down on Derrick Green but I don't see it at all.
They're still one of the highest energy bands around.
Also one of the few bands that I love I haven't seen in person yet.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Oh wow....did that bring back some memories!! I have been into them since '86! I had a Schizophrenia record that sounded like it was recorded in a bathroom.

One of the best shows I ever saw was Napalm Death, Sacred Reich and Sepultura back in 1988....it was in an old 350 seat saloon in Dallas. Talk about wild!!

I must admit that I have fallen out since Max left though....

Anyway, glad to hear somebody appreciates how ahead of thier time they were.

TM

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Saw them live supporting Motorhead in maybe 2005 I think and they were great but I'd have loved to see them with Max.

Awesome, awesome band.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Have gotten into them recently. Listening to Roots right now. I actually got into Nailbomb first. That led me to Sepultura.

top topics

join