It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population control Isn't it about time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Population Control, the phrase itself brings up pretty sinister pictures in your heads doesn't it? It would seem that any time this subject is brought up, its viewed with Negative thoughts and ignoring of basic problems. What I would like to do is throw some thoughts out there and see what you all have to say. See if we can get some real debate going to see were that might lead us.

Lets take a look at population control and why its needed.

1.) our current population is around nine billion and continues at an exponential rate. In the next 25-30 years that number will double. We are well over the Earths carrying capacity of 2 billion for the way we live. If we still lived as hunter gathers we could further populate the planet to 40-100 billion but we are too late for that.

science.howstuffworks.com...

2.) Our current resources are getting depleted faster than we can find renewable or reuse-able replacements as well as our dependance on fossil fuels. While we still have vast land that is pretty much uninhabited. That doesn't mean we have the resources to support people should they move there.

3.) Food, Food is what makes the world go round. As we continue to grow food is becoming harder and harder to produce. The average American Farmer produces enough food for about 55 people by most estimates. While company's are working harder than ever to produce genetically altered food. Its not being done fast enough and we are already seeing millions starving world wide.

4.) loss of bio-diversity, and loss of life, and pollution these things are farther factors hindering the human race.
As we try and progress we are finding that many plants are going extinct to the point we are making seed banks to help if we ever need to bring them back in the future.

Loss of life not just in humans but as humans we are driving hundreds of animals to the brink of extinction and beyond. What can we do here? how do we know that we wont have a need for these animals in the future? or at least have them to tell our children that they were not myths?

Pollution that is another of the worlds biggest problems, no I'm not talking about global warming. I'm talking about crapping in our own back yards. Its not we who are going to pay for it its our children, They are the ones who are going to get sick, and possibly die.

Major Corporations spill millions and millions of pollution into our air, water and land each year. At what point do we say enough is enough?

So should we look to sustainability in the future?

What would it take to bring us down to a manageable size?

Because if we don't come up with some thing soon, some one may do it for us and we might not like their plan.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

There is no population danger and this has been proven many times in different threads on ATS. Do a simple search and you can get the hard numbers of why this isn't an issue.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

the govenments of the world control energy forcing us to use oil
then blame us for causing pollusion
if clean energy and sustainable farming was allowed,
what problems would really exist
the matrix has programmed you well
xploder

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I have done extensive research on this subject and yes it is a problem. Its Part of one of my majors in college.

link   
Like Derrick Jensen has mentioned, population, in regards to the environment, is a tertiary problem and not a primary one. Dismantling corporations is a far more urgent endeavor should something be done...but it won't.

+6 more 
link   

1.) our current population is around nine billion and continues at an exponential rate

I thought it wasn't even 7 billion yet close to it though.

Also over-population isn't a problem that's just the Eugenics propaganda spread around by the elites.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Having a pregnant girlfriend I really want to spew vulgar hate at you. Instead I'll just answer your overall question

No.

+5 more 
link   
I would suggest a new college then.

One that is impartial and doesn't interject their opinions into their teachings.

link   
I think it also comes down to resource use. We have the resources, we jut dont use them as wisely as we should. Instead of ivesting in renewable energies, we drag out the conversion because of special intrest groups. There should be no reason we dont have Fusion power, better more affordable healthcare etc....

We could take every single person within the United states and move them all into Texas, and we would still have room there to spare.

Overpopulation is only an issue because we dont wnat to make the leap forward... We are comfortable with where we are, even if that location is rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

As with everything, it will require resolve and education....

link   

Not that I don't support the troops, but do you think your education might be a little bit biased

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have done extensive research on this subject and yes it is a problem. Its Part of one of my majors in college.

That's because what they teach in your College course is Grade A Propaganda.

When you learn how technologically advanced humans are becoming over-population won't be a problem

I surmise you've never heard of hydroponics, nano-tech, quantum computing, and many other great inventions and discoveries that will propel our race into further growth and sustainability.
edit on 25-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Nature always takes care of these things on her own it has never been wise to mess with or try to do her work for her.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

xploder

No one forces any one to use oil, people do it until the next big thing comes.

Clean energy and sustainable farming is allowed and many farmers around the United States use the techniques. hydro farming is faster than conventional farming but still to costly to mass produce right now.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Artificially created scarcity. That's the name of the game. We need to stop playing it.

link   
science, is the key to mass populace...

not population control, in essence what you suggest is not evolution...

the title of this thread, just reveals the truth....

its is the Money, of the World that is the key to life, in this system...

Not the idealism behind the ideals that make us evolve, as a species....

Violence is easy, the easy answer, idealism and research is always the harder answer...

In order for mankind to make an imprint in this gigantic Reality we live in, such breakthru's to sustain our existence in surplus is needed..

yawns, and rolls the dice again....

link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

Originally posted by XPLodER

xploder

No one forces any one to use oil, people do it until the next big thing comes.

Clean energy and sustainable farming is allowed and many farmers around the United States use the techniques. hydro farming is faster than conventional farming but still to costly to mass produce right now.

Your gonna get tore up for this statement

Gonna grab some popcorn

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No There isn't too many humans

There is enough space for every human on the planet to have 1000 Sq ft of space if we were to all live in the State of Texas.

1000 sq feet per person equates to about 32X32 feet and this is only if we had everyone living in Texas Now expand it to the whole world.

Guess how much Land Area the state of Texas is Compared to the Rest of the Worlds Land Area

Texas is 0.5% Of the Land Surface.(area)

And guess what

That's not even taking into account the Packed Cities of the Future where everyone is packed tightly together!

There is room for more humans ...
edit on 25-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You say your'e learning this at College?? Of course your'e going to think we are overpopulated, being tought (programed) by the Education system, It's exactly what they want you to think.

Did you know that we could comfortably fit all 7Billion people In Austrailia, each having 2.5Acre's to grow their own food, and still have the whole of Queensland and THE REST OF THE WORLD Uninhabited.

The World Is not over Populated, just very poorly managed and It's done for a reason, not mistake.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just because you are to closed minded to see whats happening doesn't mean its not. Here in the United States over population is not a problem yet. Its a problem in non-industrial countries with lack of basic resources and it also doesn't help that the United States has like 5% of the world population and consumes 30% of the world resources.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wen I see these threads, I have yet to find one that stated, "I (the OP) have gotten sterilized to support my belief that we have an overpopulation problem."

Just sayin'

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join