It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population control Isn't it about time?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Why do so many people think that the term "population control" has to be about killing others or sterilization? Can it not be just simple common sense that people use when planing a family?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
such a narrow vision population control. I wonder If the govt mandated sterilization would you be at the head of the line? Our population growth is not being capitalized on, only complained about. Every single person on planet earth has value, as for resources there is more than enough for 2 or 3 earth planets. Big multinational corporations are the problem. Greed corruption that is the problem. what is needed is new industries (new jobs) to feed clothe and shelter the growing populace not control or what is going on now with the current depopulation campaign ie somalia drought, fukashima meltdown etc.. you say your in college what are they teaching you? kill the excess. there is more than enough for everyone not just big business

I would agree with that but if you had read my thread I addressed some of that. What about non-industrial counties? They have very poor resources and very little no no farming? What of them? I would also agree that more investment in gen splicing for farming would help as well..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Because contraception is a choice and acts on a family to family (or person to person) basis where as population control is mandated and forced by a higher authority.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It's the word "control" that makes us think about killing off people.
Control the lives of others...ie. take away their rights to birthing beautiful babies

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

Originally posted by Reaper2137

I'm not advocating killing any one

You are aware that your profile pic is you (I'm assuming) lookin like a "cool guy" with a sweet sniper rifle. Don't kid yourself. Have you ever even seen another human being die? You'd probably wouldn't think twice if some sociopath in the UN required every other person in the world to be sterilized like dogs.

How naive to think that his profile picture has anything to do with the subject of the thread.

In fact he stated the opposite opinion in a post on his own thread. Population control does not preclude to the idea of killing people, but controlling the future birth rate. If the world population took the measures to control their own breeding habits this could solve the problem.

Ha, how naive to think that a profile picture has nothing to do with the individual's views. If I had a picture of a guy in digi camo and a weapon, wouldn't it be a safe guess that those things interest me?

Maybe you should use your "self induced common sense" and never have children, please.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You are aware that your profile pic is you (I'm assuming) lookin like a "cool guy" with a sweet sniper rifle. Don't kid yourself. Have you ever even seen another human being die? You'd probably wouldn't think twice if some sociopath in the UN required every other person in the world to be sterilized like dogs.

How naive to think that his profile picture has anything to do with the subject of the thread.

In fact he stated the opposite opinion in a post on his own thread. Population control does not preclude to the idea of killing people, but controlling the future birth rate. If the world population took the measures to control their own breeding habits this could solve the problem.

Ha, how naive to think that a profile picture has nothing to do with the individual's views. If I had a picture of a guy in digi camo and a weapon, wouldn't it be a safe guess that those things interest me?

Maybe you should use your "self induced common sense" and never have children, please.

Geez, someone was spoon fed waaaay too much Frank's Hot Sauce....simmer down! haha

link   

Originally posted by BrianC

Because contraception is a choice and acts on a family to family (or person to person) basis where as population control is mandated and forced by a higher authority.

As it should be because common sense is required because contraception has worked well for you right?

you may be an exception but if you look around many people have children who can't afford it. They are malnourished and have other problems.

most places in the world its just not enough education, but were people like here in the states that have education and still produce children with out being able to support them.

Than you have people here in the states that have children to get more welfare money

link   

That would get into a whole slew of problems in its own right. are you going advance another solution? I didn't think so.

Also If we invested more into genetics we could learn to control which one a couple wants a boy or a girl. Or put a limit of how many times you could try say twice and that's it. no more after that weather its a boy or girl.

Yup, there's the solution, genetically alter our children, I want a blue one with angel wings.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

yes that is me in the picture, that doesn't mean I'm for killing as a means of population control.

There are many, many other was to meet the same goals with out taking life.

link   

reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Does it rhyme with Whack people?

I'm not advocating whacking any one, There are was of control with out killing see a few posts up.

Does it rhyme with Tiggers?

smdh...Racist much?

anyway, overpopulation is less the issue than mismanagement of available resources.
if the average homeowner(in my opinion) set aside a part of their backyard for the assorted veggies they prefer to consume, and eat only those veggies, they(the homeowner) possibly does 1, if not, 2 things at the same time.
1) in exchange for planning/labor, the homeowner saves money and eats healthier
2) that's 1-5 less people eating Mega farmed veggies per household.

With enough Homeowners doing something like this, it will likely have a serious impact on what you say the issue is. and that's just 1 possible thing that can be done.

me and the wife setup a garden in 09, and with the exception of meats/spices/rice type supplies, we hardly see a grocery store. which means we use less gas, save money, eat healthier, get exercise.

link   

That would get into a whole slew of problems in its own right. are you going advance another solution? I didn't think so.

Also If we invested more into genetics we could learn to control which one a couple wants a boy or a girl. Or put a limit of how many times you could try say twice and that's it. no more after that weather its a boy or girl.

Yup, there's the solution, genetically alter our children, I want a blue one with angel wings.

Given a few more years of research I think it may be possible hell any things possible

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but naive, brainwashed fascists piss me off.

I'm sorry but narrow minded people who refuse to look at fact and pretend people are fascist when they won't do the research Piss me off too.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

Does it rhyme with Whack people?

I'm not advocating whacking any one, There are was of control with out killing see a few posts up.

Does it rhyme with Tiggers?

smdh...Racist much?

anyway, overpopulation is less the issue than mismanagement of available resources.
if the average homeowner(in my opinion) set aside a part of their backyard for the assorted veggies they prefer to consume, and eat only those veggies, they(the homeowner) possibly does 1, if not, 2 things at the same time.
1) in exchange for planning/labor, the homeowner saves money and eats healthier
2) that's 1-5 less people eating Mega farmed veggies per household.

With enough Homeowners doing something like this, it will likely have a serious impact on what you say the issue is. and that's just 1 possible thing that can be done.

me and the wife setup a garden in 09, and with the exception of meats/spices/rice type supplies, we hardly see a grocery store. which means we use less gas, save money, eat healthier, get exercise.

That is a smart ideal but I hope that racist comment wasn't at me I have not advocated killing or discriminating any one.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Given a few more years of research I think it may be possible hell any things possible

I guess a sarcasm disclaimer was in order, unfortunately. How sick and twisted do you have to be to alter the god given right of a child to be born naturally? Are people really so apathetic to the amount of artificial control that is imposed on us, that you want even more?!
edit on 26-7-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Well you see, I did use common sense. I chose not bias my opinion of a person or judge him or her based on a picture posted on a web site. I chose to read his words and understand his ideas.

You have no right to judge my ability or right to have or not have children. I have never said that people should not have children, only that they use wise choices when choosing to or not to have children based on common sense and the knowledge of our current world situation.

edit on 26-7-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I guess a sarcasm disclaimer was in order, unfortunately. How sick and twisted do you have to be to alter the god given right of a child to be born naturally? Are people really so apathetic to the amount of artificial control that is imposed on us, that you want even more?!

Sure because not every one think that god had any thing to do with it. or that there isn't even a god. that is a fallacy argument at its best..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but naive, brainwashed fascists piss me off.

I'm sorry but narrow minded people who refuse to look at fact and pretend people are fascist when they won't do the research Piss me off too.

Fascist: 1. often Fascist An advocate or adherent of fascism.
2. A reactionary or dictatorial person.

And to the above post: Really? I'm what most people would consider an atheist. you are really reaching to find flaws in my argument.
Hmm, I wonder if supporting mandated population control (of any kind) fits the glove.

Just so there's no wiggle room, it does.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Why do so many people think that the term "population control" has to be about killing others or sterilization? Can it not be just simple common sense that people use when planing a family?

Because the term "population control" by definition implies enforcing family size against that families will. If it were left up to the individual families to determine their appropriate numbers there would be no such thing as control.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

Because the term "population control" by definition implies enforcing family size against that families will. If it were left up to the individual families to determine their appropriate numbers there would be no such thing as control.

Do you have no self control then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join