It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Nuclear Emergency Director: You Have No Right to a Radiation-Free Life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

This footage, from a recent meeting of indignant Japanese citizens and feckless Japanese government types should be a little shocking. Sadly, it's just more of the same—ineptitude and inaction. Buy denying the right to avoiding radiation? OK, shocking. The Tokyo meeting was meant to broach the push to expand the evacuation zone around Fukushima—a zone that's proven inadequately and dangerously narrow. One Fukushima resident asks, "As other people do, people in Fukushima have the right to avoid the radiation exposure and live a healthy life, too. Don't you think so?"

How disgusting is this? There have been so many failures over there, and I doubt we've heard the end of the story yet. The person responding to the question saying 'I don't know if you have that right' had better rethink that statement. If a company or government exposes thousands (if not more) people to radiation, they NEED to be held accountable. Everyone has the right to not be poisoned.

I'm not sure if people are attempting to get compensation for moving, but even if they are, I think that should be provided. You on't poison the land air and water and then expect people to just live with it.

/Rant

Link

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The expression the man has on his face isn't one of "I will not tell you" but one of "I won't tell you, because I can't tell you. I'm not allowed to.". It is really sad what they are doing there but I do not expect different from the Japanese government. They are very predictable

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I also love how, during the urine segment, the walk in a complete circle just to get away from the people who want to know the truth. They are dead and he knows it. He knows there is nothign that can be done to stop it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

They're in deep trouble. Hell I think the whole world has a right to sue. I'm on the West Coast and am apparently being affected (though mildly). Someone needs to man up, take the blame and start helping those affected. Maybe not just 'someone', a lot of people.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

You certainly are right about the look on his face.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Lol weak, they didnt even got grilled and they left.

Its a shame that so many have to prostitute themselves for a living.

I like the comment in the crowd, " why you came here anyways" if its to avoid real concern for childrens and all.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is terrible, but unfortunately not surprising. I don't know if this is their government simply being at a loss of what to do, or whether they decided to just close the book on the matter. Why they are not evacuating the people might have to do with space. Japan is only so so big, but the Soviet Union was massive. It's sad but it's an unfortunate truth. Still there has to be somewhere these people can go.

Thank goodness for sights like Youtube and ATS, without them we'd be blind to what is going on in the world around us. Some of my friends believe Fukishima is a dead issue. Said the radiation problem had been solved, many actually think this is over and done with. Kudos to the person who put up that video and Star and Flag for this thread.

Okay, noob question here; how do I flag this topic?
edit on 25-7-2011 by Vageryn because: To add

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
what really got me was when asked about relocating, the reply was they could at their own RISK. what risk? is that an implied threat? or is it maybe a bad translation, for cost perhaps? i know some words in Japanese can be rather closely sounding. i certainly can't think of anything riskier than staying, unless the Japanese government is thinking of using deadly force to stop people from relocating.

can't say it's out of the realm of possibility after the Japanese government wanting to remove all negative things about the disaster from the net. as was posted in another thread today.
that might be a good reason for wanting to do so.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vageryn

I certainly don't think Fukishima is done and over with. We seem to have a tendency to boil up over an issue, then completely forget about it the next week or month if it doesn't effect us. I'm surprised your friends feel this way. Are they just complacent or do they actually think there is no longer a threat?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How can the sham of democracy keep lurching onward in the western world?
This is a simple declaration of ownership.
We own you, shuddup and drink the cool aid.
The goverments are every day showing their teeth in a plethora of different situations where individual rights are sneered at and belittled.
There is no real democracy anymore anywhere....The corporate structures have usurop[ed the authority for themselves.
No we are simply consumer units whose very existance depends upon our usefullness to the state.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That was difficult to watch...how totally and absolutely pathetic. Cowards every last one of them. Murderous cowards.

CJ

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

It is actually a bit hard to watch. I had trouble stomaching the info in that link. Everyone involved and complicit in this disaster should b doing everything within their power to ease the lives and suffering of those effected (I'm a bit tipsy and having a hell of a time with my affected vs. effected).

I've made some pretty big mistakes. I was brought up to believe the honorable thing to do when you make a screw up is admit it, then do everything in your power to rectify the situation.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I believe they are just complacent, but it still sad. A week after the BP disaster they just didn't care anymore. It wasn't a big thing in the news, so it didn't matter. I think people are so jaded now that they don't really care anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vageryn

It's not hard to understand that complacency though. Every day we are bombarded with so much news of others suffering. Every year technology allows us even more of that kind of news. One of my greatest fears is that we all just stop caring and and just collectively say well F it, everything just gets worse. It's hard to sift through the mess of our world and pick the right cause to get involved with.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
The expression the man has on his face isn't one of "I will not tell you" but one of "I won't tell you, because I can't tell you. I'm not allowed to.". It is really sad what they are doing there but I do not expect different from the Japanese government. They are very predictable
It's not only the expression on his face.

He doesn't really answer the question about whether people have a right to not be exposed to radiation, and then he says the government is trying to reduce the exposure and then "I've said all I can say".

One thing that's pretty obvious from a map, is that there was a lot more real estate available to the evacuees of Chernobyl, than to evacuees of Fukushima. Japan isn't nearly as large a country.

And I suspect TEPCO is already insolvent based on all its existing liabilities, so it can't afford to pay more and more relocation costs for a larger evacuation area. That's no excuse for the government not stepping in and doing the right thing.

It's sad to watch that video. It also made me wonder how it would play out in the USA, but the USA also has more real estate than Japan does. Japan just isn't large enough to be able to render a huge part of the country uninhabitable. If you were wondering why you might want to oppose nuclear power even though coal will probably kill more people, this video gives you a good idea of the reason.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Disgusting.

Viva La Revolution!

Japan RISE UP! Warrior people, now is the time to fight. Your enemy is within.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Wertwog because: Resistance is NOT futile!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
"Russia did it in two weeks, why cant we?"
"Russia evacuated 250,000 children"
"Why cant we"?

Answer- I dont have one.
Just speculation.

And I think the reason is this, its the government, and they dont want to spend the money.

If they say evacuations, there goes the Japanesse economy.

Like I said, thats my speculation.

I think it has nothing to do with certain individuals caring or not caring.

Edit to add- Get those people out of there.

They are our Allies, and we should assist them in such a manner as this(Emergency).
So should the UN.

I dont think Japan wants any help, they want to act like they have everything under control, when its obvious they do not.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
Disgusting.

Viva La Revolution!

Japan RISE UP! Warrior people, now is the time to fight.
Someone more familiar with Japanese culture than I am can confirm this (or not), but isn't that what the video shows? The people rising up? But I don't know how much more rowdy they will get than that? My friend who lived there said Japan was a very ordered society, which gave me the impression that video would be considered pretty rowdy for Japan.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Very sad. Though I would remind the Japanese people that the government is not there to GIVE you your rights. Especially your right to survival. It is inherent. Governments tend to end up restraining rights.

Go on Japan, take your rights. They are yours and noone can take them from you. Don't be so conditioned to think you need permission from any government to have them.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It is good that the Japanese Kids have Holiday now for 2 Month
and i am sure that many more will move to other parts of Japan
like other done already!

15-20% leave already.

It is bad to see and the People there become already very radical,
i am sure than the next big Demonstration here in Tokyo will be even more radical!

OKYO, June 15 (AP) - (Kyodo)—Prominent writers and musicians will hold an antinuclear rally in Tokyo on Sept. 19, aiming to mobilize 50,000 people while collecting 10 million signatures for denuclearization, in the wake of the nuclear emergency at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant, organizers said Wednesday.

push this:

This Bureaucrats do not know what to do,
we need all the F'Shima People here in Tokyo,
we need to see them daily and without Mercy!

No Pasaran

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join