It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Nuclear Emergency Director: You Have No Right to a Radiation-Free Life

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Geez, i am genuinly disgusted by this. Those people have a right to know information. They also have a right to be evacuated, but the Government isn't doing anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The Japanese must stand up to their right and stop being so passive. The government of Japan (and every government for that matter) will do as little as they can until the people demand more. There should be mass protests and a roar for action. It seems like the government of Japan is simply not capable or willing to do what needs to be done to avoid future health crisis from cancer, birth defects and other radiation illnesses.

Other nations should also be demanding action and offering help and even threatening invading to help these people if needed!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
At this point, I don't think they should be calling their nation free if they can't obtain the right of not being exposed to radiation. I'm glad that those who asked for comment mentioned cherynobl. Cherynobl is a very good point, for their case and although the 'official' didn't comment he could ha e mentioned that the Soviet Union is a lot bigger in land mass thus allowing vacuation to be easy and widespread. Japan is a small island, where will they evacuate these people when the nation is already overcrowded?

Their government is trying to maintain controll in a hopeless situation. This is why the official keeps his mouth shut even when he doesn't want to.

Just my observation, I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Vageryn

I certainly don't think Fukishima is done and over with. We seem to have a tendency to boil up over an issue, then completely forget about it the next week or month if it doesn't effect us. I'm surprised your friends feel this way. Are they just complacent or do they actually think there is no longer a threat?

Greetings:

The above paragraph makes us think that perhaps you might be interested in more information, and we have not forgotten anything as Fukushima has been affecting the planet from day one.

Please take a look at any of these threads and please leave a comment.

America's Being Nuked - Can we Together Stop the Madness?

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

Is This the Beginning of the End of Nuclear Power in the U.S.?

Thank you for your time and consideration and we look forward to further communication.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The Japanese people should take the scientists and all govt officials (that are responsible) and put them against the wall for what they have done.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What the hell I can't believe this bullsht! These people are entitled to life! I said in the other thread they were being held there. It makes perfect sense now. Oh my god. Japan's culture will put them in a damned grave!
edit on 26-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by Domo1

The Japanese people should take the scientists and all govt officials (that are responsible) and put them against the wall for what they have done.
Remember, it was TEPCO's own scientists who warned TEPCO that they weren't prepared for a large tsunami. The disaster was preventable had management chosed to act on what the scientists said.

A new IAEA report says Tepco ignored tsunami hazard warnings by its own scientists, while urging the nuclear industry to review natural disaster risks

That makes TEPCO management look like the bad guys to me. But the government is also failing its responsibility now too. As they said in the OP video, Chernobyl evacuated lots of people and was prepared to evacuate even more if they needed to.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

This is a little bit shortsighted, it was not "them"
it was "us" who vote for the nuclear Energy!

When i turn on the Light i use this Power.

We all are responsible and not only a few People!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If you live in Japan GTFO NOW you all should of deserted that country months ago, if you care about your children or your own lives GTFO!@!!!!!

get the hell out (for those who dont understand)
edit on 26-7-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Out of this entire event, the words to take away with you are, "I have said to much already".

Only people with secrets need say those words. Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy.

What secrets could they possibly be hiding? Why had he said too much if all this is over an Earthquake?! Something even bigger than i can comprehend is at play. Head on a swivel

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I can't believe the indifference shown by the officials in that video.

Had I been there with a bottle of my child's urine and they just walked away, I would have thrown it on him and told him to test his shirt - just to make sure. Maybe if their own survival was at stake they might do something.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
We had something similar already in 1956,
called "Minamata-Disease",
i will provide a link:Minamata Disease

to show you how the Japanese Government handle environmental Catastrophes!
Please look deeper and use the links provided by Wiki.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's a sad thing to hear... But I wonder; Are people in Fukushima so irradiated already that moving them would only move the radiation and contaminate further? I really don't know.

It wouldn't surprise me in any way if there was to be a great catastrophe near Fukushima again, this time killing much of the people living there so as to prevent any future questions about the people's health. Not fearmongering, just thinking out loud...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
It's a sad thing to hear... But I wonder; Are people in Fukushima so irradiated already that moving them would only move the radiation and contaminate further? I really don't know.

The People in Fukushima-City get at the moment a hourly Radiation Dosage of 1.310 μSv/h
this is in a year 11,475.600 μSv

This is really a lot but afaik not enough to bring other "Non-Contaminated" People in Danger.
But also when this People die now they could be "Nuclear Waste" (not 100% sure about this!)
and can't be burned in the traditional Way!

Originally posted by NowanKenubiIt wouldn't surprise me in any way if there was to be a great catastrophe near Fukushima again, this time killing much of the people living there so as to prevent any future questions about the people's health. Not fearmongering, just thinking out loud...

The Plant itself is "maybe" relative safe at the moment
but can return into a critical Condition very easy,
a strong Quake is enough to destroy the Cooling
and the Pool in Unit 4 can start to burn or/ and explode,
this will kill even the People here in Tokyo!
edit on 26-7-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i wish i had a copy of the guy that ran the HAARP project back in ht e90's when they then shut it down ( it is up and running now a year)

the guy looked , sounded and acted like he not only had something to hide but was guilty and didn't care that people were onto it. THAT is how this video hit's me. I don't care what anyone says there is no safe exposure to radiation and we all get some no matter where you are on earth....just thank that magnetic shield it ain't worse. )

I wonder if they couldn't find a way to make magnetic shields around nuke plants that could be turned onto to force the particles in on themselves.....kinda like a inverted earths shield.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

what really got me was when asked about relocating, the reply was they could at their own RISK. what risk?

I don't know what that is all about., but I'm curious. I have friends and relatives, from Fukushima Prefecture, currently living on my property. More have tickets in hand to arrive in the near future. Maybe they said at their own expense and not at their own risk. I will have my wife listen when she gets out of bed.
edit on 26-7-2011 by tamusan because: change Japan into Fukushima Prefecture

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Maybe they said at their own expense and not at their own risk. I will have my wife listen when she gets out of bed.
Even if he said "risk", my interpretation of that was "expense". I imagine the property values of contaminated areas have declined significantly, so you might not get anywhere near the pre-disaster value for selling property in a contaminated area.

I don't know how the courts work in Japan but if that happened in America I'd try to sue TEPCO (or whatever power company was responsible) for the difference in what the house was worth before the disaster, versus after, if I took that loss when selling it after the disaster to get the heck out of the contaminated zone.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Japanese Government is deathly afraid, if the truth was known it would cause a mass exodus from Japan and also destroy their economy because of the fear that Japanese products may be radioactive.
edit on 26-7-2011 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Domo1, I watched this again just now. If ever there was a more incriminating piece of video concerning what is the true meaning of $ power greed and injustice, I'd like to see it. And this one proves it all by silence and a face we know is guilty. Silence. They know it's over. Thank you for posting this. Shame on all of us.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Thanks! You make a valid point with contaminated bodies. How will they handle the situation? Probably like the rest of this whole mess. Not making a pun, they will bury it into the next generation...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join