It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Deploying 20,000 Troops In U.S.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by Nobama

A few shots are enough to disperse a crowd of thousands, regardless if half of you are armed, a few handguns is no match for a professionally trained army.

Here is my perspective. I live near 3 joint bases and speak with these brave men and women frequently. I believe more than half of that professionally trained army of ours would not dare move on the citizens of the USA. Many of these brave men and women are now out of the military because all the wars they have served in and they do not agree with what is going on in this country. Many still have friends serving that would not dare of thinking of turning on each other.

Remember, these people who served know how to fight just as well as those still serving and these "brothers" are NOT going to shoot at each other over corruption. But thats just my opinion.

They'll shoot at anything if they are paid enough

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Xcathdra

Because this is ATS - this is where the paranoid congregate!!

ATS can serve a very important function though. Most of the time information reported on this site is a few days ahead of main stream media, and that is no small feat.

My concern though is when the paranoia overrides common sense.

Is a story about 20k US troops being delpoyed to an American city problematic? Of course depnding on perspective.

However when the government is attempting to upgrade a response plan based on things changing, which another poster specifically pointed out - time changing, should be seen as proative and not sinister.

Would it better to be prepared and never need to use them than need them and not have them?

There are times when we are 50 states, and there are times when we are single single states. To borrow the rest of the phrase from a tv show Florida didnt fight germany during WWII and Tennesse didnt fight the civil rights movement by themsleves.

We have national needs that will transend a states border. If something like this occured, a nuke / bio / chem attack do you really think any type of fallout will stop at the states border?

Do you really thing the Government of tennesse, if they are affected, are going to be able to give orders to the state of kentucky?

When their is an issue between states, it goes to the Federal level.

This si government 101, and for some reason people would rather by into sensationalism and paranoia rather than look at the topic logically and understand implications and needs.

This sites mottoe is deny ignorance... Some people posting need to understand what that means....

I just dont get the extreme paranoia.... I dont get the posting of a youtube video with nothing to place it into context while having people jump onboard left and right without knowing what its about.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

20,000 won't be enough. Don't forget us in the east who won't stand for it.

Besides as long as there are protestors talking through megaphones saying things like "Are your fellow citizens your enemy? Do you like killing red blooded law abiding Americans who are exercising their constitutional rights to free assembly and peaceful protest?" Or something to the extent of getting inside the soldiers heads.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Why do you and other assume that using Federal Resources will be the end of this Republic?

Why are you guys so paranoid?

Your "republic" has already ended in a lot of ways. There is every reason to be worried of a federal power grab. Lets say a false flag attack or natural disaster occurs. You were right on how unprepared a state would be to handle such a disaster and the federal government would have to step in. I dont know if you know what kind of power your president has now (which is supposed to be during a time of emergency or war which has never stopped in over 50 years.) and is he felt it right to impose new martial law that would strip your rights away. It would not need your congressional approval, It would not need to go through your legislation, your country has been left open for a totalitarian regime to occur.

On any natural disaster or attack in the past decade in the states your government has left your people stranded and used the events to take away your freedoms. The outstanding patriot act and war powers act to continue, is how "the republic" can fall.
edit on 24-7-2011 by tonyinawareness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
when US defaults on its debt next week, there are going to be chaos everywhere.
20,000 troops may not be enough.

edit on 24-7-2011 by roche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Because this is ATS - this is where the paranoid congregate!!

This si government 101, and for some reason people would rather by into sensationalism and paranoia rather than look at the topic logically and understand implications and needs.

This sites mottoe is deny ignorance... Some people posting need to understand what that means....

Quite - you asked why the paranoia - which is what I answered.

Lots of people can only see anything the Govt does in terms of repression, loss of rights, the NWO, etc - FEMA have a test of their notification system the same day a comet passes close to Earth - it's a conspiracy. the US Govt trains 20k troops to help state officials - it's a conspiracy - never mind that there's almost 1 million troops stationed in Con USA all the time!!

OF COURSE it is Govt 101 to have resources trained for emergencies in advance - you know that, I know that - every non-paranoid nut knows that.

But for the paranoid it doesn't work like that - everything has an ulterior evil motive.

And the less proof the better - because if there's no proof then that jsut proves that the proof is being covered up!

I'm not trying to answer your perfectly reasonable questions and statements about preparedness.......just about why so many ppl on this site are so paranoid - it is becaue ATS is where the paranoid congregate for their fix of fear!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz They'll shoot at anything if they are paid enough

That's a gross and ignorant statement. If you knew anything about how a country would solve internal conflict then you would know the majority of the time the hosting country of said conflict will import an outside army to arrest the people. That way soldiers involve do not have emotional ties to what is being asked to do.

To insult the men and women of your army like that tells me that you have no idea why a person would join the military, also on how narrow minded your scope on the world is.
edit on 24-7-2011 by tonyinawareness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
20.000 troops isn't enough to secure the whole country or even a major city.

After Hurrican Katrina in 2005, then Louisiana governor Katherine Blanco requested 40,000 troops to help secure New Orleans.

This 20,000 is an emergency reaction force to be ready to respond to immediate disasters, such as terror attacks. This isn't martial law or any other tabloid overhyped trash. Its simply being ready in the event of a WMD terror attack, etc.
edit on 24/7/11 by MikeboydUS because: e

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Jay,

Thanks for the post. Interesting news...and timing.

You may be interested in an older thread here on ATS, from August of 2009.

The Pentagon Wants Authority to Post Almost 400,000 Military Personnel in U.S

its a good read, and we attempted to address the Posse Comitatus issue.

S&F

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think you all need to stop buying into the fear and grow up.

The government can hardly do anything right. What makes you think these troops will be effective?

They're better off killing brown people in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

S&F

Given that there's already over 1 million service personnel posted in the USA, I would think that CT's would think that decreasing it to 400,000 would be a good thing

Of course neither position (my tongue in cheek nor the fearmongering post linked to) is the truth.

Waht they want to do is decide, in advance of anythign disastrous happening, how many of the existing service people can be used, and for what roles, and how they would have to be authorised to do so.

And they think that they can see how 400,000 of them can be used.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with "posting" 400,000 personnel into the USA!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I call BS on the source.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I do not ever want military EVER walking around on the streets.

FYI I live in Tucson and there have been A-10's overrunning the skies practically nonstop since the Libya non-war (LOL explain how thats not a war please Xcathdra pro-government goomba)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Jay,

Thanks for the post. Interesting news...and timing.

its a good read, and we attempted to address the Posse Comitatus issue.

S&F

Yea that was an interesting read. With the times as they are, its good to keep up on what the military is up to.
I tell ya though, the thought of 400,000 foreign troops in America is a scary thought, even though im in Canada.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I call BS on the source.

I call BS on this post!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I think you all need to stop buying into the fear and grow up.

The government can hardly do anything right. What makes you think these troops will be effective?

They're better off killing brown people in the Middle East.

You hit it on the head!

Let them "deploy" whatever they wish. The well armed American citizen can handle a few soldiers, if need be.

See: www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
20.000 troops isn't enough to secure the whole country or even a major city.

After Hurrican Katrina in 2005, then Louisiana governor Katherine Blanco requested 40,000 troops to help secure New Orleans.

This 20,000 is an emergency reaction force to be ready to respond to immediate disasters, such as terror attacks. This isn't martial law or any other tabloid overhyped trash. Its simply being ready in the event of a WMD terror attack, etc.
edit on 24/7/11 by MikeboydUS because: e

That is why we have police officers. . . get a clue please. Our SWAT and riot control are plenty to handle that. If a WMD went off the national guard would be used and are you expecting some kind of military engagement with enough Durka Durka White Male Farmers to require 20k killers?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420

Yea that was an interesting read. With the times as they are, its good to keep up on what the military is up to.
I tell ya though, the thought of 400,000 foreign troops in America is a scary thought, even though im in Canada.

I thought you said you'd read it??

it says nothing about any foreign troops at all - it is talking about US troops - reserves & active personnel.

And it is not even talking about MORE US troops - it is talking about some of the moer than 1.1 million US service personnel who are already present in the USA in their "normal" forces!

And I note that the US Governors are not actually concerned about the number of troops either - just that they want them to be under State control, not Federal control.

I'm pretty sure you did not actually read it at all!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

OK i apologize...i misread a post at the end where some guy said he hope they were foreign troops...my bad...but there was some talk of foreign troops training on American soil. that in itself is something that shouldnt be allowed

edit on 24-7-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well from someone that just retired out of the military a year ago after a 21 year career, my understanding was that Posse Comitatus said that we could not 'police' or perform military actions on US soil, but we could be used in a support function (i.e. build levees etc). But as we all know this is in the perfect world, and here comes the conspiracy theorist in me, what rules are superceded by the patriot act...something for all of us to ponder.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join