It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOD's: This IS the correct forum!! DO NOT move my thread!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What is it that Mods actually do?
  • They attempt to keep the site civil by following the rules, which are defined within the
    Terms & Conditions.

• They also attempt to keep things organized and located in the correct areas.

I just don't understand why many think that there are times, where it is necessary to give the Mods permission, with comments such as these:

• "Mods, I wasn't sure where to put this, so...."
  • "I didn't know if this was right forum or not...."
  • "I think this is the right place, but if it's not...."
  • "....please move this, if it needs moved"

If a Mod opens your thread, and if they feel that it needs moved to a different forum, then they will move it. They do not need your permission to move your thread, because it is not your thread anymore. Immediately after a thread is posted, that thread belongs to ATS.

Yeah, you can edit, and even delete the OP, but the thread will still be there.

• posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
    link   
    I think it's just a jester of courtesy because there are numerous complaints about thread removal/moves and the mods get a little heat sometimes. So the comments you listed are to let the mods know, we ain't mad at ya for modding.

spec

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
    link   
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, And last time i checked it is COMPLETELY fine to "suck up" to the mod's.. I'm sure we have all done it.. YOU included.. This does not violate the T&C.. ( I have read it many times)

Why bother wasting time, and ranting about something so irrelevant.. It seems so frustratingly unnecessary.. If little things like that bother you to the point that you need to create a thread about it.. Perhaps it is time to log out for awhile..

We can all use some time away from the boards even just for a few days..

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
    link   
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

I am fairly new here, but I think people say those things to let the mods and readers know that they werent exactly sure where it belonged and as a courtesy to give the mods a heads up and to keep the trolls from yelling at them.

My very first thread was moved and I was thankful it was moved before a troll could yell at me.

I think people are generally just being nice, and not assuming the mods need permission. Drink a cold ice water and relax man. It's ok.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
    link   
    I don't understand how people being kind and admitting to a possible wrong thread posting has anything to do with the quality of ATS at all. Or even why someone would get angry with it.

Maybe I'm missing something?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:19 PM
    link   
    I agree totally mOds are not stupid people, this is what they do. Yes there are a couple mods that lack some real common sense on here more than just a little bit of the time (no names
    ) but over all the mods are pretty darn competent. We can't expect perfection all the time, let the mods do there thing, everyone else just stick to typing.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
    link   
    my opinion.

There is no need nor reason for kindness or courtesy.

It would be a much more courteous gesture to send an alert. Then one would know that the Mods will actually read it.

Stating it in the OP, is just as useless as "S&F!!"

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
    link   
    what? the mods can barely read let alone comprehend we have to give them a clue or else the whole board would be in pieces by now....

join