It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downloading entire websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Good day!

I have a question, does any member know how to download entire websites for viewing offline?

I have tried the "make page viewable offline" feature of internet explorer but it didnt work

does anyone know what software i need for this?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
In FireFox i use DownloadSpider, but a program I use is JWS Web Spider.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
I have a question, does any member know how to download entire websites for viewing offline?

Well you could use Adobe Acrobat. Just tell it how many pages you want or it will allow you to download everything within the specific address. It works really well.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Ashlar

Well you could use Adobe Acrobat. Just tell it how many pages you want or it will allow you to download everything within the specific address. It works really well.

Explain More.. Adobe Acrobat as in Acrobat reader???

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You need the full program to download web-sites.

Press �create PDF from Web Page�.

Then the options box appears. Enter the URL you want to download. You can tell it to download a certain number of pages or the whole thing. It can stay on the same path or get every link outside the original address.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
is that version 6 I see there that you are using?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer

Yup, but other versions also have the capability to download web-pages. The tile bar and overall look of the program is not from adobe. I have WiddowBlinds that skins everything in windows.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by websurfer

Yup, but other versions also have the capability to download web-pages. The tile bar and overall look of the program is not from adobe. I have WiddowBlinds that skins everything in windows.

I just downloaded WindowBlinds. I was getting bored of staring at the same windows features everday. Unlike MS Plus it has more options. A great piece of software.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I use the "ThunderStorm" skin with windowsblinds, in my opinion it's one of the best skins they have.

This is what my desktop looks like

[Edited on 15-8-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
thanks for the advice guys. i ended up going for a program called "surf offline" which turns out to be incredibaly simple to use unlike some other spiders that i couldnt work out

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
BlackWidow is also great for copying websites. Lots of advanced features, yet not too hard to use.

top topics

join