It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama the sacrificial lamb when TSHTF? Who's going underground when it happens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

So how do you know if what is needed is just a Geiger counter? I'd suggest that it is much more complicated than what we see in bad movies.

The real essence of this not fact, but your suspicious nature that assumes all bad things are happening. Your suggestion that this is a reasonable approach is to play Monday morning quarterback. You mix up the sequence of events that did happen and then orchestrate your own version that probably did not happen as you imagine it happened.

You can probably answer the issue of national security yourself by doing a little research. See what the response was to Chernobyl and the possibility of radioactive poisoning.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Stereologist:

7. Alaska is a large seismic area and has some of the largest quakes in the US. Due to the remote nature of the quakes they rarely make the news. Quakes there do not signal a volcanic reawakening.

www.newsday.com...

'(AP) -- The alert level for an Alaska volcano is being raised after officials say persistent thermal anomalies have been spotted in satellite data.'

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Another msm site

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Why is this thread so vague? Doesn't anyone have anything solid to point to? There seems to be an assumption that something is to happen. I simply see no reason for this assumption.

I too only caught snaps of "Obama", "Denver" and something about excrement making physical contact with a rotating air moving device. Seems the OP is the King of the Vagueness™.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

That's because you would have to read the rest of the thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

This is about a volcano and not a quake. Volcanoes in the area may make the news because that sells today. There are many quakes in the 6 and even in the low 7 range that often are not newsworthy because so few people are affected.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

So this article states that the eruption may affect plane flights. The area is listed as uninhabited.

The volcano's last major eruption came in 2001, when it blasted ash more than 5 miles into the sky and spilled lava from the summit crater. Cleveland has experienced several smaller eruptions or suspected eruptions since then.

So this is normal activity for the volcano.

Here is what you stated:

We have just recently had major earthquakes in Alaska suggesting a volcanic reawakening there

You see the volcano in question erupts often.

Cleveland Volcano

In 1944 Cleveland produced the only known fatality from an Aleutian eruption.

I thought that was interesting and is due to the remote nature of these eruptions - which are not uncommon.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ok, I guess I could have been more specific in saying there are large earthquakes including a 7.2 that have happened along the Aleutian Trench and there is 1 Alaskan volcano becoming active and 5 volcanoes in advisory or watch status on the Kamchatka Peninsula of Russia. There may be some connection.

Here's a good quake overview of the last 7 days from one quake watcher I follow, feel free to run the same program he's using to see for yourself if you don't believe what he is saying:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Quakes appeared to be random events. Watching quakes over a short period of time does not provide information about quake patterns.

Can you provide an overview of the video? I simply do not have the bandwidth or time to go through an entire video. What is this video claiming that is of interest to you?

Here is what the USGS has to say about Alaska
USGS on Alaska earthquakes

The earth's most active seismic feature, the circum-Pacific seismic belt, brushes Alaska and the Aleutian Islands, where more earthquakes occur than in the other 49 States combined. More than 80 percent of the planet's tremors occur in the circum-Pacific belt, and about six percent of the large, shallow earthquakes are in the Alaska area, where as many as 4,000 earthquake at various depths are detected in a year.

This map shows just how active Alaska is with most of the quakes not visible since the circles showing the quakes overlap.
Alaska seismicity map 1990-2006

Here is another map which only shows the 6 and up quakes.
Earthquakes in Alaska

Now let's look at a map of Alaskan volcanoes.
Alaskan volcanoes

Here is a list of Aleutian volcanoes. See how many have had historical eruptions.
Aleutian volcanoes

Alaska is geologically active with many volcanoes, volcanic eruptions, and earthquakes.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSprepared
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

That's because you would have to read the rest of the thread.

I did.

I am none the wiser.

And kudos to Stereologist. We may disagree on many things but I love his analytic approach to the bulk of these threads about "2012", "Nibiru", "Elenin" and other new agey wacko stuff.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Obama is very high profile and if he suddenly made a trip to Denver in September, a lot of alarm bells would go off, so who are we watching? Which high profile people are going underground when TSHTF? I say the Clintons, and if not them, they are sacrificing everybody. What do you think?

Hey, imagine that. He is making a trip to Denver in September. But of course this is just coincidence.
Really...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Obama is very high profile and if he suddenly made a trip to Denver in September, a lot of alarm bells would go off, so who are we watching? Which high profile people are going underground when TSHTF? I say the Clintons, and if not them, they are sacrificing everybody. What do you think?

And of course if anyone brings it up the thread is immediately put in the hoax bin. How convenient.

ELEnin and Now This? Obama to Bunker?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/17/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: op

top topics

<< 1   >>

join