It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous & Lulz Security Statement in response to assistant FBI director!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Found this statement supposedly from both Anonymous and the Lulz Security hacker groups on Pastebin posted by user AnonymousIRC. The statement was in response to this article with FBI higher upper Chabinsky in mind. Here is what Chabinsky said in the article:

NPR "We want to send a message that chaos on the Internet is unacceptable," Steven Chabinsky, deputy assistant FBI director, said in an interview with NPR. "[Even if] hackers can be believed to have social causes, it's entirely unacceptable to break into websites and commit unlawful acts."

Anonymous & LulzSec's response:

The statements made by deputy assistant FBI director Steve Chabinsky in this article clearly seem to be directed at Anonymous and Lulz Security, and we are happy to provide you with a response.

Now let us be clear here, Mr. Chabinsky, while we understand that you and
your colleagues may find breaking into websites unacceptable, let us tell
you what WE find unacceptable:

* Governments lying to their citizens and inducing fear and terror to keep
them in control by dismantling their freedom piece by piece.

* Corporations aiding and conspiring with said governments while taking
advantage at the same time by collecting billions of funds for
federal contracts we all know they can't fulfil.

* Lobby conglomerates who only follow their agenda to push the profits
higher, while at the same time being deeply involved in governments around
the world with the only goal to infiltrate and corrupt them enough
so the status quo will never change.

These governments and corporations are our enemy. And we will continue to
fight them, with all methods we have at our disposal, and that certainly
includes breaking into their websites and exposing their lies.

We are not scared any more. Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to
us as you cannot arrest an idea. Any attempt to do so will make your
citizens more angry until they will roar in one gigantic choir. It is our
mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you
can possibly to do make us stop.

So what to make of this? Personally I have been of the opinion for some time that LulzSec and Anon are very likely either governmental or corporate projects. Either that or the general ideologies have been twisted and used as a guise for certain powers somewhere.

All these stupidly childish and petty moves made by these hacker groups..
All these steps closer to barbaric internet censorship of the likes we've never seen..

Throwing into the mix the insane amount of media coverage regarding not just these hacker groups but Wikileaks and Assange also and you have something very, very fishy bubbling away on the stove.

The stock thickens.

PasteBin
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, that response is definitely a response that sounds more like political activism than vandals or malicioius hackers.

And I don't know what else could be said about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I posted this statement the other day in a another thread.....the night they released it.

I say good on them, they are right.....what we find acceptable someone else wont, and in this case its the government saying its wrong because they are going to gut seriously burnt by any release of classified/secret documents that these guys (lulzsec&anon) can get access to.

GO ANONYMOUS
( &Lulzsec )

Internet censorship will happen regardless of these peoples work....at least in the mean time we get to see how our caring governments have raped us of our assets, land and money....how they do business with other countries, how they cover all sorts of things up...

GO ANONYMOUS

edit on 23-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

The idea behind Anonymous are great. The actual carrying out of said great idea is not turning out so great. What better way could they do this though? People scream about governments and corrupt corporations and they are actually doing something (trying anyways) about it. I can rant about the government as well as the next guy but are they actually accomplishing anything besides getting closer and closer to having the government control the internet? I for one cannot think of a better idea besides posting all the emails, proof that the corruption is in the corporations and government...maybe that is what they should do next?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

I for one cannot think of a better idea besides posting all the emails, proof that the corruption is in the corporations and government...maybe that is what they should do next?

This is the kind of thing that they should have been doing from the start.
Opening up the populations eyes to the tyranny and corruption. Spreading the message.

Not DDOS attacking big companies like a little kid. BECAUSE.
A) Makes them look like criminals with no cause except for 'LulZ' and 'Sticking it to the man'.
B) There is nothing solid that comes out of it. Nothing gets uncovered. People just get pissed.
C) Like you and I have both already said. It will eventually bring about even more insane censorship.

Probably sooner rather than later..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

At least we have a fall guy eh......dont worry....its not your government treating you like scum its these hactivists pushing them to do it i suppose?

The internet WILL be censored anyways....with people like you, the government will just say "we had to cut it off to protect you from these terrorists" and you will believe them haha

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

At least we have a fall guy eh......dont worry....its not your government treating you like scum its these hactivists pushing them to do it i suppose?

The internet WILL be censored anyways....with people like you, the government will just say "we had to cut it off to protect you from these terrorists" and you will believe them haha

What are you talking about.
I know they will censor the internet anyway.

My point was, if you have the capacity to comprehend it, that they should stop with these useless attacks and do something solid with results. Where's the progress in aimless attacks like this that are only going to speed up the censorship process?

Well there isn't..

'With people like you'...
/Palms forehead
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

If you were going to hack the most confidential servers on the planet wouldnt you want to test your method??

I believe this is what they are up to...testing the water to see what the consequences will be, how well recieved they are with the public etc?

Sorry....i re read your post and i apologize for the "people like you" comment

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If you were going to hack the most confidential servers on the planet wouldnt you want to test your method?
They are supposed to have some pretty gnarly hacking skills and resources available already. Most of the attacks we've seen so far are the kind of attacks any 13 year old script kiddie could pull off.

If you were going to hack the most confidential servers on the planet wouldnt you want to test your method?? I believe this is what they are up to...testing the water to see what the consequences will be, how well recieved they are with the public etc?

The consequences for hacking into a government server would be a lot more severe than say hacking PayPal or Mastercard (Breach of national security). Obviously if you piss off the wrong people in certain positions of power and influence above the government then you might be looking at worse than just the book being thrown at you.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Your aware that all the e-mails they have attained take some time to go through, right?

They exposed the CEO of HBGary and he resigned. And also exposed some of the things HBGary had been doing on the internet as well

Crowdleaks also broke the news of HBGary’s MAGENTA project, which had the company developing a type of Windows rootkit that was said to be undetectable and nearly impossible to remove.

In addition to the rootkit development, Crowdleaks reported on the discovery of Stuxnet binaries in Barr’s email, and decompiled much of the source code for public release.

Also.

Moreover, the report published this week by Bloomberg, that financial giant Morgan Stanley experienced a “very sensitive” break-in - by the same group who attacked Google and dozens of others during the Aurora attacks - was also discovered by reading HBGary and HBGary Federal’s emails.

They're not doing bad things when they're exposing these very real threats to our internet freedom. What about the social networking dummies they were also planning, thousands of 'dummie' users on facebook and other social networking sites to sway public opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Like I said I believe the general ideologies of these groups may very well be in use as guises for certain entities. I totally dig the concept of Anon and Lulzsec don't get me wrong. Its just that with all this mass media coverage and all the pointless looking attacks it seems like there is a lot more going on than meets the eye.

Same with most big stories in the media though to be fair.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

A very thought provoking thread.
SnF

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I know what you mean. But it is only small fish right now. They're purposefully attacking low-priority targets at the moments. I believe one of their videos says that as well. Unsure of which video it was but ill see if i can find it.

They're doing things the best way they know how, they are the computer generation. This is their way to protest. DDoSing is just a distraction tactic.

They have a good cause, and they seem pretty legit about what they wanna do. The recently gathered 1gb of nato information, we all know nato. And the data would not be released because perhaps there was some sort of 'way to sensitive' information in said docs. They're not stupid. They wouldn't release anything that could get anybody killed and such (weapons codes and the like).

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I guess we'll have to see how it pans out.
I'm expecting something huge rather soon though if they really are the bona-fide freedom fighters they claim to be. Something that will change the general populations perception in a productive manner maybe instead of playing into the hands of TPTB.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm hoping for some very incriminating evidence that 9/11 and everything after that was complete and utter bullsh*tery. That would definatly get the public riled up.

But i support them in the endevours, and they have quite the street following now too. Well. Anonymous in general does i suppose. Different leaves of the same branch.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I'm hoping for some very incriminating evidence that 9/11 and everything after that was complete and utter bullsh*tery. That would definatly get the public riled up.

But i support them in the endevours, and they have quite the street following now too. Well. Anonymous in general does i suppose. Different leaves of the same branch.

Almost every angle of 9/11 has been exposed by the PTB themselves as being an inside operation... It's one of the reasons why lulzsec, wikileaks, and anonymous came into being...

didn't you get the memo? lol

edit on 23-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Y'know, in reading this statement, several questions come to mind:

Now let us be clear here, Mr. Chabinsky, while we understand that you and
your colleagues may find breaking into websites unacceptable, let us tell
you what WE find unacceptable:

* Governments lying to their citizens and inducing fear and terror to keep
them in control by dismantling their freedom piece by piece.

And how do they know when the governments are lying? Seriously. And what do they mean by "freedom"? Are they the only ones who decide if something's true or not? Is there a giant truth meter they're hooking people up to or are they saying that ANYthing a government does (from increasing border security to giving foreign aid) is a lie?

* Corporations aiding and conspiring with said governments while taking
advantage at the same time by collecting billions of funds for
federal contracts we all know they can't fulfil.

Again... how do they know the corporations can't fulfill the contracts beforehand? How do they know that (this is a direct example) Dell can't provide my municipal government with 500 new PC's? How do they know that (another direct example) General Dynamics can't provide all the tanks the government ordered? www.globalsecurity.org...

As far as I know, they can. Several family members have been involved with government contracts and things have been delivered on time and within budget (as long as specs don't change)... so DO they know anything or are they simply acting on assumptions?

Are they "fall guys" for someone's world view?

* Lobby conglomerates who only follow their agenda to push the profits
higher, while at the same time being deeply involved in governments around
the world with the only goal to infiltrate and corrupt them enough
so the status quo will never change.

Which lobby conglomerates? This is so vague -- it could be anything from the Red Cross to Doctors without Borders to the Christian Family Alliance.

We are not scared any more. Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to
us as you cannot arrest an idea. Any attempt to do so will make your
citizens more angry until they will roar in one gigantic choir. It is our
mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you
can possibly to do make us stop.

So what to make of this? Personally I have been of the opinion for some time that LulzSec and Anon are very likely either governmental or corporate projects. Either that or the general ideologies have been twisted and used as a guise for certain powers somewhere.

All these stupidly childish and petty moves made by these hacker groups..
All these steps closer to barbaric internet censorship of the likes we've never seen..

Governments? No. Kids, yes. Kids who are middle class and can afford computers and so forth and have no idea what things are like for (say) the wounded and homeless Iraq veteran... the refugees in Somalia... Alaskan Native Americans... and on and on. I think that they believe the whole world is made up of people just like them.

I think they can't imagine the worldview of an Arab from Egypt, or a major in the US Army, or a Pittsburgh steel worker, or an Italian in a small village, or a farmer in West Texas or a nurse in New Mexico or a Puerto Rican dance instructor in New York... and on and on and on. They think that everyone -- grandmothers, mothers, kids, poor, rich, all nations, all skin colors, all religions, have the same morals and worldviews and backgrounds that they do.

I think because they aren't able to understand that the world's response may disappoint them or drive them to doing something even more typical of the British-or-American-White-Teenager-Middle-Class-Boy.

Just because someone does a lot of high profile talking... doesn't mean they're speaking for anyone else.

new topics

top topics

join