It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Solution to Social Security,Medicare and Medicaid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
There are alot of threads and posts about the biggest 3 expenditures of government taxpayer dollars.

so offer this if the people want them let them have them but it will no longer be the resposibiliy of the federal governmnt which i never understood why it was the governments responsibility in the first place.

any revenue collected should be staying in state and decided locally instead of at the federal level for far too long the feds allocate funds collected from everyone in this country that is of course if they are working and paying into the system in the first place.

for far too long tax dollars are taken from one state and given to another and those people who benefit from them pay for things they dont.

so who should be responsible for the big 3 ss,medicare and medicaid?

the states or the government?

no one is denying anyone the program but who should be accountable for it?

are there any advocates for state rights?

or just a bunch of people who shirk their responsibility and push if over to government?

i dont really think anyone will go for this solution too many people are all to happy with the father and mother governemnt deciding everything for them.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How did I shirk my responsibility by paying into a system that I was required by law to pay into???

And now by your logic I am shirking my responsibility by expecting to be paid back what I was forced to pay.

It's not a states rights issue it's a moral issue.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

did you bother reading what i said ? obviously not

i said you want the programs you got them but who should be responsibile for them

the government or the state?

its a simple question with a simple answer anyone with common sense or logic knows how to read a post.

instead of taking a personal snipe.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
States rights are great, but people's rights are better.

One of the big problems in the world in the increasingly large piece of the economic pie that people seem to think government (of any kind) should be involved with.

When you get to things like Medicare, things can really go of the rails. Would the states do it better? Probably not. At least, not significantly better. Because the question shouldn't be about "which government" should be competing, and squeezing out private alternatives, it should be about retiring as much government as we can!

They don't need to be the strong-arm on the block, the biggest source of "demand" for anything. They simply need to ensure that the laws are observed, that basic national defense needs are met, and that the "other" big guys (corporations) are kept under appropriate control.

Other than that, government is worthless.

We wonder why the past is better than the present? We wonder why we go to the post office, and one lonely clerk is trying to service a huge line of people (even though there is major unemployment). We wonder why doctors, and dentists, are going out of private practice, and joining the "clinic" mob. Government. They're TOO FRIGGIN' BIG!! Yes, they can bully all of us right out of business!! But then what do we have?

Do we care how good it is to have the red-haired bully, over the blonde one?

Let us remember, not so long ago, when there were enough clerks at the post office. When we could go to the dentist, and not have the "clinic" mentality assault us (as well as common sense).

THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Did you lose a filling? Well, here's how it works. First, we check your mouth. You get a "reduced" fee of only $20! No, sorry, can't do your filling just yet. We verified, yes, you lost your filling!

Next, we order a full x-ray, status check. Yes, sorry you had to wait a couple weeks. Can't fix your filling yet, your mouth needs a cleaning!

Four quadrants! Four MONTHS to wait. Don't worry! Reduced fees.

Oh. So sorry, your old tooth fell apart while waiting these five months to get your filling. You should have had that re-filled ASAP!

Now you will have to get a root canal, a bridge, etc. Don't worry! Reduced fees! See you next month!!!

Screw this communist friggin' future. And no, the answer isn't "states", it's plain old FREEDOM.

JR

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
One more thing.

Biggest expenditure?

It's friggin' INTEREST!!

The banksters are sucking the life out of us, let's not forget this FACT.

JR

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If it would make people feel better about it, I would agree with anything that serves the same purpose
and delivers. If you can make it happen I am all for it...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
www.usdebtclock.org...

the largest budget items:

medicaid and medicare 822 billion dollars

social security 715 billion

139 million americans are employed
4,3 million americans government employees.

65 million americans on ss and ssi
45 million americans on food stamps
24 million americans unemployed

those things in 2008

medicaid and medicare 643 billion 200 billion dollar increase
social security 598 billion 200 billion dollar increase

144 million americans employed loss of 5 million jobs

50 million americans on ss and ssi and increase of 15 million people
31 million americans on food stamps. and increase of 14 million people.
10 million americans unemployed and increase of 14 million people

thats alot of people on the government dime,

so the people pay social security all their lives and the government steals it and once you get on social security

you automatically get medicare and anyone who knows anything about either one know this:

medicare is deducted from social security but the government has stolen that money

but wait the government is paying itself to fund medicare from social security.

wonder how many people see that little detail.
edit on 22-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Here is the largest budget item.

costofwar.com...

That's TRILLIONs

Please get off the Rush soap box and get some perspective at the real problem with the economy; which is fighting endless wars to make those that profit in blood and death even more money.

Do you know how much a mortar round cost the taxpayers? Look it up!
And you whine about the taxpayers getting back from the system they paid into.

The solution to SS, medicaid and medicare is to work for peace and get us out of the ME. Spend those taxpayer funded "war profits" on the Citizens of this country.
edit on 23-7-2011 by whaaa because: code 45

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Excellent. The War Machine is very expensive.

Pretty soon though, even military expenditures will take a back seat to the biggest emerging financial problem that all debt-based economic systems face: Interest on debt.

Debt Interest to Quadruple...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
how many trillions is 135 million americans on the government dime?

you cut defense and you would still be spending the same amount just on entitlements.

top topics

join