It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for the past three

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You all realize the article is talking about creating animals with TINY bits of human DNA right?.....not literal monsters with Human Features. Now you can speculate as to whether or not such experiments have been done in secret by whomever.....but that's not what this article is about. Not only that this in nothing new at all....have you never heard of Hupigs? bred with human DNA to research their viability for organ transplants......Yeah they looked EXACTLY like pigs by the way. In other words they WERE pigs....with a tiny bit of human DNA to see if the organs wouldn't be rejected as much by humans.

Thats the kind of research this article is about........It's science....not 'Mad' science.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have no problem with them using embryos if it helps researchers to find a cure for a disease. The thing that is stupid is that most of the treatments or cures that have been obtained through using stem cells are from adult stem cells so these researchers have just been wasting their time and money.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You can go back even further.........

All of us are made of Atoms that are billions of years old.

We are recycled Star stuff

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Seems you're a glass is half empty type of person. And yes, I do believe you're unhappy, along with the 2 people starring your posts. Imagine that, a bunch of unhappy people on the internet. Get out, get some sun. Have fun. Forget about whomever did you wrong...I assume you're young and somebody upset you somehow. F them, if you let them depress you, you give them power. I can promise you, when you get just a little older all that BS isn't gonna matter.

I do have children, and I realize they one day will die. We all will, but as I said before, what's the big deal about dying really? We were already dead before our parents created us, so we were given a break from whatever is on the other side, and given the chance to experience this planet for this life. Pretty neat, just go with it.

Things will get better, it's all mental.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

First off, I never gave any inclination I as unhappy. You assume I am only based on the fact that I would rather have not existed. Which is retarded to assume. Secondly, I'm 35, not really that young. Thirdly, we weren't "dead befor". We however didn't exist. There's a huge differance. I am aware that when you die you also no longer exist. But you can only no longer exist when you had life. If the life never happened, theres no death.

Your'e not going to have a conversation with someone about someone who never existed, you will however have a conversation about someone who has existed.
edit on 24-7-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinotoror
reply to post by vjr1113

What if they make an animal capable of doing hard work 24h a day without a break? What if that hybrid is destinated to live in a horrible pain, something like the white tiger?

I wouldn't believe the 'we are just studying diseases' affirmation. I doubt they do that for the sake of helping humans, and, if they were capable of curing a disease, they would be capable of making another kind of product; one focused on another kind of commerce. Apple didn't stop at Mac, right?

This has been 'secret for the past three years'. Who knows what else is being developed down there.

every heard of an ox or a horse?
gees. sounds like a bunch of what ifs to me...

be aware that there's a dog market and dog breeding pays amazingly.
edit on 24-7-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

capitalism works when there is demand

if you dont want one of the creatures, dont buy one, but ill take one super cat if they can make one.

They're called Savannahs. Check them out. www.f1hybrids.com...

My first thought was the movie SPLICE. It bothers me that governments allow this type of research.

It's not right. It cheapens human life too.

why would it cheapen human life? how do you even put a price on life anyways? why isn't it right?
explain yourself.
edit on 24-7-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Whatever you say man. Guess it's hard to make sense of somebody who isn't unhappy, wishing they were never born. I don't believe you're not unhappy. But, who cares right? I'm just a bunch of words online to you. If you're not alive, you're dead. There are lots of people who don't exist, they're not alive...so by default they're dead. Before we were created, we were not alive, so we all have experience being non-existent, if you want to split hairs. When we die, or bodies turn back to dust, and after a period of time, we never existed...except through our bloodline. It's a natural drive to procreate. If you're religious and think that it's some bizarre test that your god has placed on us, then of course do whatever makes you happy (or unhappier
).

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Tell you what’s crazy; if they have been doing this for the past 3 years and we are just now reading the article, what they are telling us is not even half of the story. If they have been doing this in some lab in the UK with limited funding, and I say limited funding compared to the U.S and its black book projects. Then there is NO telling what we kind of gene/bio stem cell research that our military and rouge scientist have been doing the past 20 years. Would be like me coming out saying “Hey everyone look at this I call it the WHEEL”. Then pause for OOO AHHHH WHOOO all the while I have a F16 in my garage

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by BrnBdry

Whatever you say man. Guess it's hard to make sense of somebody who isn't unhappy, wishing they were never born. I don't believe you're not unhappy. But, who cares right? I'm just a bunch of words online to you. If you're not alive, you're dead. There are lots of people who don't exist, they're not alive...so by default they're dead. Before we were created, we were not alive, so we all have experience being non-existent, if you want to split hairs. When we die, or bodies turn back to dust, and after a period of time, we never existed...except through our bloodline. It's a natural drive to procreate. If you're religious and think that it's some bizarre test that your god has placed on us, then of course do whatever makes you happy (or unhappier
).

Typical human, taking my words and letting it eat you up inside. You just can't handle the fact that I, who is happy in life, would have prefered to have not existed. Why? It's cause YOU are the unhappy one, and you cannot fathom someone having the outlook on life as I do.

And you try and sit there and say that if we were never born is the same as being dead is idiotic. It's not the same. Not even close.You're thick headed.

To help prove my point, lets say you and I both believe in spirits. You only become a spirit after you die. This is common knowledge. But by YOUR assesment of "to be dead is the same as to never exist", then you would be a spirit befor your life. Which I never heard befor. To my knowledge, they believe that the life given to you is what allows the spirit to be free after death. So it's life, death, spirit. Not spirit, life, death, spirit.

Now please got off the death is the same as non existence ride your on.
edit on 24-7-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
To help prove my point, lets say you and I both believe in spirits. You only become a spirit after you die. This is common knowledge. But by YOUR assesment of "to be dead is the same as to never exist", then you would be a spirit befor your life. Which I never heard befor. To my knowledge, they believe that the life given to you is what allows the spirit to be free after death. So it's life, death, spirit. Not spirit, life, death, spirit.

Now please got off the death is the same as non existence ride your on.

Okay, you win. Whatever you say.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I feel that nothing good can come from this.

Is the UK the new The Island of Doctor Moreau?

Many hemophiliacs depend upon medications produced using recombinant DNA technology. There are many other "incurables" that could potentially be treated using chimera tech.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Many hemophiliacs depend upon medications produced using recombinant DNA technology. There are many other "incurables" that could potentially be treated using chimera tech.

Sri Oracle

With respect, the key word is 'potentially'. Science and research is there to try and prove such fact but IMO matters of this magnitude should never be undertaken on a whim. Potentially the results could be dire and that is even before you take into consideration the moral angle. The supposedly civilised West has undertaken many such ventures, weather it be the detonation of the first atomic device (which some believed could incinerate the entire atmosphere) or the Hadron Collider (which has it own series of Doomsday scenarios). At the end of the day, the apathetic masses will never take to the streets as a show of force to show their anger at these acts. As long as their little bubble is not encroached upon, then they will not care. Case in point being the Poll Tax, which only garnered a reaction because the masses were directly affected.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

capitalism works when there is demand

if you dont want one of the creatures, dont buy one, but ill take one super cat if they can make one.

Sure, Super-Cat is cute and cuddly, until he has some offspring and their Human DNA creates a more advanced brain.

Super Cat kills you in your sleep chanting; "No more silly outfits... no more silly outfits..."

>> But MORE than just the moral issue of creating smarter animals BEFORE you address their RIGHTS ... is that you create a vector for diseases.

That Swine Flu that came from the huge mega-farms in Mexico, was aided by the conditions the pigs are kept in, and MAYBE, some genetically altered pigs... who knows?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Sri Oracle

Good point -- but I'd argue that these Chimera techniques are ONLY going to provide treatments. You know, like hormones and adrenaline and body parts.

Pigs can already be used to GROW replacement breasts for women and "fingers" -- it's pretty gross. But these are not genes that are inherited. It also creates a risk of spreading diseases if not kept completely separate from the outside world.

>> Right now, I don't trust government to regulate some of these practices -- they can't even shut down monopolies or FORCE nuclear power agencies to have adequate generator backups (they depend on Locomotives for running pumps more than a few hours -- which won't work if the railways are blocked).

If Genetic Modification were done more carefully, and with much more regards to safety -- I'm for it. But it would need MORE testing on adverse effects and genetic drift to other organisms.

>> There is a big difference, between using a Retro-Virus to change DNA in a living organism, and the type of Chimera that these scientists are producing. There is no way to know the unintended consequences and the biggest COST SAVINGS would be garnered by breeding Chimeras.

WE already mistreat pigs, which are well aware of their condition (unlike Cows and Chickens) -- and I don't trust the Tender Mercies of the marketplace to do ANYTHING ethical.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is sick and this my opinion. They should look fore the cure for their brains firs. Life of such creature if it was born would be unimaginable suffering but creating life only to destroy it is just sick. This people are dangerous.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsmith88
The fact that anyone would create a living being with the intention of terminating it is sick.

I assume you stopped eating, yes?

Also, people on ATS seem to assume that animal-human hybrids means 50-50 of each.. A hybrid like this means they take a *single* gene and put it into an animal for expression. One gene. ONE. This is normal research and has gone on for maaaany years. Heck, in our lab which is a quite normal one, we've even expressed a human gene in our model organism, which is a plant.
edit on 27/7/11 by Thain Esh Kelch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Its whats been created in the deep cold covered labs that is really worrying. I dont think they can controll some of their ungodly creations they just keep digging bigger containment holes until they find ways out. SMH

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by the sloth

I agree with you. I don't understand why people are so offended by this direction of research. I find it fascinating, and believe it could provide some valuable insights into the development of new cures and genetic research. I cannot understand the arrogance of so many humans, in that they seem to view themselves as being akin to gods, or sacred beings, elevated far above all over living organisms.

I do not blame the scientists for trying to keep this relatively secret. The public will crucify them on the basis of blind moral outrage. So many people are so very quick to say it is a travesty, it is disgusting, etc, but they cannot seem to be explaining why they find it so. I think people's imaginations run away with them, no doubt thanks to Hollywood movies and so on.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by johnsmith88
The fact that anyone would create a living being with the intention of terminating it is sick.

They created a living embryo. It takes a little incubation and some good satisfactory conditions for it to become a "being".

So whats your point? cause we all know that they are going threw with it. Even if the article says they are not. Even if its not these people, we know some one some where is.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join