It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Blast in Oslo hits offices, government buildings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

Originally posted by Kram09
It might have been a gas explosion....who knows?

But no, let's all just start raging against Muslims!

edit on 22/7/11 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

Sources are saying it was car bombs, so it's not looking like a gas explosion thus far.

I agree with your sentiment as to not jump to conclusions on it being Muslims responsible.

Trying to track that info down as I type.

They don't have gas pipes in that area, only cylinders.

edit on 22-7-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Is anyone able to translate this feed? I scrolled down and looked at the pictures someone is hurt pretty badly which may confirm the fatality mentioned by the BBC

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos
This is just terrible news

LIVE FEED on the spot.

LINK to LIVE feed

Norway: Blast near prime minister's office in Oslo,
edit on 22-7-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So far 8 injured and 1 dead, lets hope for best and fear for worst. Could be terrorists since:

The AP also reports that a Norwegian prosecutor filed terror charges this week against an Iraqi-born cleric for threatening Norwegian politicians with death if he is deported from the country. The indictment centered on statements that Mullah Krekar — the founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam — made to various media, including the American network NBC.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Daily Mail website reports

Number of fatalities not known but pictures show at least two dead bodies

It also says today is a public holiday and;

The cause of the blast is not yet known but the tangled wreckage of a car was seen outside one building.

Daily Mail Updated

Looks like lots of smashed and flying glass as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You beat me to it!

Confused as to why the post was addressed to me
I am not counting anyone out at this stage.

Are they facing the building which was blown?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
BBC now saying that is was a LARGE car bomb. This was said by a US advisor?? Why are they there??

2nd

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gutman

15.51 Reports from NRK suggest that the explosion was caused by a car bomb parked outside the Norwegian Ministry of Justice. Locals have dismissed earlier suggestions that it was a gas explosion. They have said there is no gas network in central Oslo.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think we can assume with confidence that this is explosion was caused by a bomb.

Still no clue as to who is responsible. That may take awhile.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
And now we have a possible target / motive.

Who and why would anyone want to target the oil & energy department?

Originally posted by Droogie
The police are now saying that it was the oil- and energy department that was the target:

Ifølge Dagbladet sier politiet at angrepet var rettet mot Olje- og energidepartementet, OED. Dette underbygges av informasjon fra kommunikasjonsrådgiver i OED, Håkon Smith-Isaksen. - Lokalene til OED er ramponert. Det ser ut det gikk rett utenfor våre kontorer, sier Smith-Isaksen til Aftenposten.no.

Translated, courtesy of google translate:

According to Dagbladet, police said the attack targeted the Oil and Energy Affairs, OED. This is supported by information from the Communications Minister, Haakon Smith-Isaksen. - The premises of the OED is battered. It looks like it was right outside our offices, says Smith-Isaksen to Aftenposten.no.

Source: www.aftenposten.no...

The police are also confirming two deaths at this time.
edit on 22/7/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/7/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by Thebel

False flagg? Could this be a frame for Gadaffi or Assad? Is it wrong to smell an "op" here?

Or some kindergartener drew a picture of Mohammed...

That blast was created by a large amount of low order explosives in a thin walled container like a 55 gal. drum or similar- probably with an acetylene booster. Home made stuff for sure.

As for blaming it instantly on Mossad- you guys do know Arabs occasionally blow things up right?

This isn't going to sell in the alt. media. The MSM already have their press releases. The "fearless one" is picking out a tie now for a little speech to the American people.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The explosion that rocked a Norwegian government building today was result of a massive vehicle bomb, according to U.S. government sources on the scene.

abcnews.go.com...

Well now the mainstream story is that it was 100% a "vehicle bomb" that caused the explosion to the government building. Still no word about the oil & energy building, but I'm sure it suffered the same fate.

Now on to what will the retaliation be on those found responsible.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm norwegian.
Ths police says the bomb was aimed at the DOE (dep. of energy). And that there are two more bombs in the area not yet located: www.dagbladet.no... 13732/

This bares all the hallmarks of Israel, in my opinion. This is a warning to the Norwegian Government for being to Palestine-friendly.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

16.16 Marcus Oscarsson writes:

Norwegian police fears more bombs will go off. A first police press conference will be held 5.30 PM Norwegian time (4.30 UK Time) at the Police Main Office in Oslo. At this point the police has only confirmed that “several are dead and several injured”.

“You can not walk here there are two more bombs but we do not know where”, police told reporters at the scene.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

You have got to be kidding me... Two more bombs? Can anyone else verify this?
edit on 22-7-2011 by majesticgent because: forgot to link the source

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The damage is massive So many of the windows and fronts of buildings blown through.

17 floors of windows gone through on one building live BBC @16.20

The BBC is showing the car that is being speculated was the bomb.

My thoughts are with the people there must be awful, Also hit was the largest Publisher tabloid in the country, was it the same publication that did the cartoons of the Prophet?

I really dont believe just 2 dead and about a dozen injured from the explosions, depends what time it is there but if the offices were occupied, well it will be much higher.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Apparently at this time of year everyone is on holiday and abroad and that the public sector leave work early on fridays. This seems a bizarre time for a terrorist attack?

Hopefully this means less people have been harmed than what it could have been whatever caused it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That explosion wasn't from a passenger car loaded down with anything.

Low order explosion to equal that kind of damage... a ton or so at minimum. Maybe an acetylene booster to increase yield but that baby needed a panel van at least to get it positioned.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyTrick

Apparently at this time of year everyone is on holiday and abroad and that the public sector leave work early on fridays. This seems a bizarre time for a terrorist attack?

Hopefully this means less people have been harmed than what it could have been whatever caused it.

Thanks indeed,

well then a BIG flag for me, this is then very unlikely a Islamic group as they would have done it at busy times, smells of false flag to me if deserted when went of....

Elf

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Friday is the holy day for muslims though.

Jeish Mehdi used to get their panties in a wad every Fri like clockwork back in the spring/summer of 08.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Koyaanisqatsi

Are you in Norway now? Anymore info?

If Israel was responsible for this, which I doubt, it'll be an ugly situation.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Live BBC news Ticker @ 16.46pm

Oslo Police confirm fatalities but no numbers.

Gov Minister People Many still trapped in buildings

Oslo Hosp confirms treating 7 people (just 7? it took a block out!)

Oslo Police Confirms it was a Bomb

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Actually there is very little damage. Windows break easily when subjected to a pressure wave.

Key things to look for are shearing of metal and overstressed concrete- none of which are visible in any of the photos out there. Bomb was similar to the one that took apart the Murrah building however this one was most likely just parked out in the street vice being snugged up against the building under a carport with panoramic entrance doors nearby.

This is a low order explosive device parked in the open that generated a free form hemispherical blast pattern.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join