It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Unified Communications (MUC) Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just found this pdf about some experiment taking place end of this month.

I think you might find this very, very interesting.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Western DataCom with partners from the US Army, Air Force and Coast Guard have an experiment scheduled for July 25-29, 2011 to assess the technical feasability and military utility in establishing a tacticall cellular network (TACTICELL) rapidly via existing affordable commercial technology. Air Force, Army and Coast Guard personnel will conduct operational threads to assess different mobile technologies, devices and applications.

link

Still weird timing and info.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Aka If you have one of these devices and experience bugginess, outages, and the like on that day, you now know why.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Very interesting...Just wondering whether anybody would be able to analyse & explain the illustrations...Specifically, the 'Takedown and Close Air Support (TAC) Ops Thread' page.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Another interesting pdf about TACTICELL and the combined components in USMILCOM.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
What's amusing is that the 'Objectives' boxes are left blank continuously

The 2nd pdf you posted is really interesting..

A possible "experiment" to see if they can obtain information they need from mobile phones? Could just be an "excuse" for something planned then?

Great find GM

edit on 22-7-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Yup in my view its a test for a govt emergency broadcast system that can hack into all telecom systems .

hope it is just something else, but all combined it's fishy.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I think it is just a presentation from the Western DataCom folks to try and cell a product they have developed.

The only part that worries me, is that they seem to have identified a need for the military to be able to use existing data transfer servers like cell towers and wifi systems to send encrypted military data. That seems to mean that they are experimenting with a product that will in essence "hack" those systems and use them. I'm pretty sure the FCC already requires all transmitters must "accept" interference from certain sources, so they probably have authority to use all existing transmitters.

It also worries me that the military thinks there is a need for a mobile communication network to be able to be deployed quickly in a developed area that would have these existing infrastructures. Are they worried about urban warfare in a Western country? Are they worried about an invasion? Are they worried about a Domestic battle?

All in all, I thought the presentation was a little cheap and childlike. Surely that is not the final product they are presenting to these military groups?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for your input, it seems a bit vague indeed and that's what worries me, the blanks that will be filled in next week.

I'll try to find some more information and keep this thread updated if I find any.

GM

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Yup in my view its a test for a govt emergency broadcast system that can hack into all telecom systems .

hope it is just something else, but all combined it's fishy.

Looks more like they want to do an FTX that involves lofting an aerostat and a handful of planes that will form a local comms network separate from the civilian system.

If you don't try this stuff out, you never know where the bugs are.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hello, I am wondering if there is a Post Experiment Brief, what are the results what was learned etc thanks for any information..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rashwoman

I've searched for results of this test, but I haven't been able to find any.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Interesting find GM, though you would think that this would be on the table as a possible way of communication for the military during a large scale conflict, where ones resources could be spread thinly.

It’s also a product display as the above poster mentioned, good find.

SS

new topics

top topics

join