It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India: An Aryan Conspiracy, Ancient Technology and Secret Brotherhoods

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Mate, drop the condescending tone.

Provide links and stop being so arrogant. If you are referring to the Samarangana Sutradhara

IT WAS WRITTEN BETWEEN 1000-1055AD.

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE BECAUSE YOU ARE GETTING DESPERATE TO PROVE ME WRONG AND YOU ARE FAILING.
edit on 8-12-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Another question is there green class at Hiroshima or Nagi? Nope. Why is that?

Not the right kind of bombs

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Browsing amazon i came across reviews for 6 different versions [translations] of the

'Mahabarata' [i don't doubt there are more but i thought six would be enough to make a

point] REVIEWS

# Rajagopalachanri's translation - the quality of his English style is on a par with that of

the finest English writers. Anyone approaching reading the Mahabarata for the first time

could do worse than start with this wonderfully readable selection.

# I wish i could say the same for the second and longer abridgement of Kamala Subramanian

this book that i would not in good concience recommend. Subramanian seems to have no

grasp of English style at all.

# The third is that by Kisari Mohan Ganguli although not of course, based on the recent

critical Poona edition of the Sanskrit text. This edition should serve well enough as a reading

text for anyone but a Sankrit scholar.

# J A B van Buitenen in the first volume of his own recent translation, comes down rather

hard on Ganguli - we should remember that Ganguli did not have access to the rich resources

van Buitenen enjoyed

# Another recommended version [unfinished] is by P.Lal and published by Writers Workshop

in Calcutta.

# The complete Mahabarata by Ram "rambr" This for me is the most complete and the one

that follows the original verses in Sanskrit the closest. What i like about this version is the

author does not have any political intentions or inclinations as in many other translations by

western scholars, where they align the story with their beliefs.

So where are we? Clearly no ideal and complete English translation of the Mahabarata exists.

So there you have it six versions and six reviews 20,000 verses and 1.8 million words there

are bound to be a few anomalies. [ I don't intend to read them for comparisons]

The original text was in Sanskrit. Kisari Mohan Ganguli was from Bengal and spoke Bengali

so he would have to translate the Sanskrit to Bengali then English. A lot of room for anomalies

there. In 1800 and early 1900 the Indians were not educated and a top job for them was a

Babu a Hindu clerk who is literate in English

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Not a problem.

I'm currently trying to prove if the quote is total hoax or just mistranslation although I am leaning towards total hoax by David Childress.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The Gita of J. Robert Oppenheimer
www.amphilsoc.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Daily Bell: Did this civilization possess nuclear weapons?

Jeffrey Armstrong: It did not possess nuclear weapons as we know them and there is no evidence that India cultivated radium or other atomic materials at all. There is reference to a particular kind of mantra-based weapon that was used along with bows and arrows and is called a "Brahmastra." This weapon supposedly could release nuclear-like energy with pinpoint accuracy. So not exactly nuclear, but its use produces the same consequence of bringing an intensely powerful explosion to a targeted area: complete and fiery destruction.

www.thedailybell.com...

Ah Brahmastra... sounds like what I am looking for

In ancient Sanskrit writings, the Brahmastra (Sanskrit: ब्रह्‍मास्‍त्र, IAST: Brahmāstra) was a weapon created by Brahma.

The target, when hit by Brahmastra, would be utterly destroyed. Brahma had created a weapon even more powerful than the Brahmastra, called the Brahmashira. The Brahmashira was never used in war, as it was four times powerful than the Brahmastra, i.e Fourth power square, as the name suggests, since Brahma has Four Heads. Only Arjuna and Ashwatthama possessed the knowledge to summon the Brahmashira.[1] The weapon was also believed to cause severe environmental damage. The land where the weapon was used became barren and all life in and around that area ceased to exist, as both women and men became infertile. There was also a severe decrease in rainfall with the land developing cracks, like in a drought. There are various descriptions of weapons created by Hindu deities such as Agneyastra, Brahmastra, Chakra, Garudastra, Kaumodaki, Narayanastra, Pashupatastra, Shiva Dhanush, Sudarshana Chakra, Trishul, Vaishnavastra, Varunastra, and Vayavastra; the personal weapons of the gods, the trishul, chakram and the brahmastra) are the most powerful. These weapons are at times compared to similar Greek mythological weapons such as the arrows of Apollo as well as modern nuclear weapons

en.wikipedia.org...

Yup that one is a good start

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

them have confirmed to me that in some villages in the extreme north of russia,
classical sanskrit is still spoken to this day. Their mother toungue is sanskrit.

Interesting claim; so what is the name of these villages and the study that confirms this?

Dummkopf. Lol
I didnt ask for the names and i only wanted to confirm a claim made to me by an american anthropologist.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Dummkopf. Lol
I didnt ask for the names and i only wanted to confirm a claim made to me by an american anthropologist.

Ach ja... who you calling dummkopf?

"S.Jarnikova cites in her works 80 hydronyms of the Russian Murmansk, Arhangelsk and Vologda regions with their Sanskrit roots"

www.elcom.ru...

Russia Vedic Culture

Russian - Sanskrit - Meaning
Russia - Rishiya - Land of the Rishis
Bolshevik - Bal-sevik - Rishis seeking spiritual power
Krasnoyorak - Krsna - Russian town named after Lord Krsna

www.gauranga.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Just to interest you more... in Lithuania, at least 50% of the language is Sanskrit and it's derieved from it

Ask the mod, benevolent tyrant...he's from there.

Interesting... I had followed the Bon into Tibet but this is new to me
More work
[""This suggests that Bon came from Central Asia, and probably an Iranian cultural area.]

The Scythians a nation of horse-riding nomadic pastoralists originally of Iranian stock, who spoke an Iranian language, dominated the Pontic steppe throughout Classical Antiquity....

However, Eastern scholars officially state that (and by Eastern I mean Russian, Belorusian and Ukranian schools) the Scythians were future Russians and Eastern Slavic people who spoke Sanskrit. And Sanskrit, as you might know, is extremely close to Russian language....

They brought their language, Sanskrit, to India, as well as their sacred books known as the Vedy.

www.democracyforums.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Hanslune

I'm still searching, while at work *naughty me*, and I have found this link:
www.atlantisquest.com...

"Strong and durable must the yantra's body be made, of light material and having wings joined smoothly with invisible seams. It can carry passengers, it can be made small and compact, it can move in silence. If sound is to be used successfully, there must be great flexibility in the driving mechanism, and all must be put together flawlessly. In order for it to accomplish its intended purpose, it must be extremely durable, it must be well covered in . . .

I can't deny that the above is in the text you claim (since I've never been able to find it complete online either.)

However, your link claims this:

A manuscript, composed in Sanskrit by King Bhoja in the 11th Century A.D., deals with techniques of warfare, and in particular with certain types of war machines. The work is called Samarangana Sutradhara, or "Battlefield Commander"(sometimes abbreviated "the Samar"), and the whole of chapter XXXI is devoted to the construction and operation of several kinds of aircraft having various methods of propulsion.

I seem to recall sometime in the past discovering that "Battlefield Commander" is not how that title translates. IIRC, "Samarangana Sutradhara" actually translates as "An Architect of Human Dwellings."

This leads me to discount anything your link may say about it.

After all, as your own Wiki link explains, it is a treatise on Architecture.

Wouldn't you say that "Battlefield Commander" would be an odd title for an Architecture book?

Harte

edit on 12/9/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I Loved this Thread so much I made a PDF with the Initial post and all other interesting additions by the members. It contains the links and references. Is free for download from my 4shared.com account. Hope you will enjoy and I believe is easy to keep this interesting info on your computer.

www.4shared.com...

I also found in my account this following books in regards to India

Occult Science in India:

www.4shared.com...

SARANA & SINHA - Anthropology in India

www.4shared.com...

The Christ of India

www.4shared.com...

The Indian Scientist from Vedic to Modern Times - Jayant Nar

www.4shared.com...

The Magic and Occultism of India - L.W. de Laurence

www.4shared.com...

Themes in Indian History

www.4shared.com...

Hope that all of you interested will find this Info of use.

Namaste

Share knowledge www.4shared.com...=13123021

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Now isn't that just a tiny bit interesting...Russia..'land of the Rishi's'..heh

Courtesy of Benevolent Tyrant: vilnews.com...
edit on 9-12-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
Kudos for the OP, great info

But regarding the photos in the 2nd post, please see the links the mod added to the bottom of the post, those supposed images of modern flying machines are not that at all, they are standard hieroglyphics that were modified over time and as a result look like something they're not. It should be quite obvious that if the ancient Egyptians saw something as stunning (to them) as an attack helicoptor that it would surely rank higher in importance than just getting one single hieroglyphic in an obscure location.

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
From this image we can see many variations of flying crafts that can be so to say, matched up, with todays engineering.

Yes this is what they want you to believe that they were modifications of the hieroglyphs over time and all those modifications resulted in that amazing display of modern machinery.

Seriously and you would believe just like that.

This is why we still do not get what happened in ancient times is because they tell you they build the pyramids with a round stones and a chisels and you believe it.

wooow

edit on 9-12-2011 by lisa2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lisa2012
Yes this is what they want you to believe that they were modifications of the hieroglyphs over time and all those modifications resulted in that amazing display of modern machinery.

Absurd.

The glyphs shown on that panel are used in various different (and same) contexts all over ancient Egypt.

Go to this page:
Link

Scroll down to glyph D36 - it's not far down. Now look at D46 just below it.

You can find the rest of them there too. Assuming you care about the truth and aren't invested in maintaining your existence in a fantasy land.

Harte

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

F*ck me, this is too extensive to read at the moment. I'll bookmark it for later. But I'll star & flag you for the effort already!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by lisa2012

Absurd.

The glyphs shown on that panel are used in various different (and same) contexts all over ancient Egypt.

Go to this page:
Link

Scroll down to glyph D36 - it's not far down. Now look at D46 just below it.

You can find the rest of them there too. Assuming you care about the truth and aren't invested in maintaining your existence in a fantasy land.

Harte

First of all I do not know who is living in the Fantasy Land?

Read This

Definition of PALIMPSEST
: writing material (as a parchment or tablet) used one or more times after earlier writing has been erased
: something having usually diverse layers or aspects apparent beneath the surface

This is what you claim it to be.

Well:

Egyptians Knew the Golden Section - Reconstruction as Proof

Contrary to being chaotic, the Abydos Helicopter scene is a deliberate creation. Its order is of the highest magnitude, being based on the historically famous Golden Section. The palimpsest explanation is simply out of the question, because one can just fire up a CAD program, and easily recreate the area under the helicopter in its exact main proportions from memory. The engraving utilizes Geometry, and the layout of the area is a variation on the basic Golden Section, wih emphasis on Golden Rectangles. The measure of ability to produce a given item measures understanding of that item. Pure opinions are hard to measure.
To begin with, golden rectangles in the area are quite auspicious, and beg testing. To test the area under the helicopter for golden section proportions I had assumed the semicircle's diameter as the starting unit for the construction below.

1 - a unit (semi)circle
2 - an axis

We are looking at the proof that the glyphs are proportioned by the Golden Section along the horizontal axis. The area under the helicopter is sectioned by vertical lines into Φ proportions.

If the semi-circle's radius counts as 1 then the breadth of the row of six columns on the horizontal axis is (Φ²) 2.618.. From the semi-circle to the left on the axis we see successively the distances of

0.5 ←→ 0.5 ←→ Φ-1 (0.618..) ←→ Φ-1 x Φ-1 (0.381966..) ←→ Φ-1

and combined distances like

1 ←→ Φ (1.618..) ←→ 2 ←→ Φ² ( 2.618..)

You will have to look at all the analysis on this page:

vejprty.com...

I have not seen this analysis discussed before but in my opinion it demonstrates that what they told us is Untrue.These hieroglyphs are real and they represent what they represent.

I

You will be impressed. This link is much better then your mediawiki as proof. Seriously open your eyes

His conclusion:

"This study of the Abydos Helicopter image now has significant scientific value, as hoped for from the outset. At the very least, the study provides the only grounds, on which we can reasonably disagree with the reigning scientific consensus. It shows the noteworthy mathematical properties of the image, indicating that the image is not a palimpsest, something that has never been demonstrated before.
Moreover, this is the third instance in my research of constructed ancient art, which deals with the Golden Section. From the prehistoric France 14,000 years ago, to the Nazca lines, to the Abydos temple, the mathematical connection is clear. The Abydos Helicopter study provides a fairly simple and easily comprehensible example of what I have done in the former two cases, which I admit, are harder to grasp. Yet, look at their predictive value in this case, since this study has literally breezed through to a successful finish. All three studies are the same in that in each the image has been constructed by relying in large measure on the Golden Section. "
edit on 9-12-2011 by lisa2012 because: edit to add

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

..you failed to respond to my other questions about YOUR claim that the green class doesn't come from meteorite explosions but nuclear ones - don't have any real thoughts on them? Here they are again.

1. So as that green glass can be created by any high energy burst, nuclear or impact one could then look at the 'target', so what is there?

2. Here is a question for you - how thick is the layer of fused glass?

3. Why is there nothing under it?

4. Please look at what the nuke did to Hiroshima and Nagisaki - a large amount of debris (considering the cities were made mainly of wood) now why is there nothing underneath, or surrounding these 'impact' sites?

5. There is no sign of a culture on or around these glass zones why is that?

6. Another question is there green class at Hiroshima or Nagi? Nope. Why is that?

7. Why do you believe that description of magical and god wielded weapons translates into a proof of high technology?

8. Why does the archaeology of the Indian sub-continent not contain a single instance of said high technology?

9. Zorgon do you still maintan that those quotes or do you still think they are real or do you accept that Childress made them up ?

10. You have made mention of a radiological report on occasion, link please

edit on 9/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The target, when hit by Brahmastra, would be utterly destroyed. Brahma had created a weapon even more powerful than the Brahmastra, called the Brahmashira. The Brahmashira was never used in war, as it was four times powerful than the Brahmastra, i.e Fourth power square, as the name suggests, since Brahma has Four Heads. Only Arjuna and Ashwatthama possessed the knowledge to summon the Brahmashira.[1] The weapon was also believed to cause severe environmental damage. The land where the weapon was used became barren and all life in and around that area ceased to exist, as both women and men became infertile. There was also a severe decrease in rainfall with the land developing cracks, like in a drought. There are various descriptions of weapons created by Hindu deities such as Agneyastra, Brahmastra, Chakra, Garudastra, Kaumodaki, Narayanastra, Pashupatastra, Shiva Dhanush, Sudarshana Chakra, Trishul, Vaishnavastra, Varunastra, and Vayavastra; the personal weapons of the gods, the trishul, chakram and the brahmastra) are the most powerful. These weapons are at times compared to similar Greek mythological weapons such as the arrows of Apollo as well as modern nuclear weapons

Yup that one is a good start

Why did you leave out the first part of that quote? I mean you left out the parts that didn't support your contention.....

It is sometimes known as the Brahma Astra (Astra means 'weapon'). As described in a number of the Puranas, it was considered the deadliest weapon. It was said that when the Brahmastra was discharged, there was neither a counter attack nor a defense that could stop it, except by Brahmadanda, a stick also created by Brahma. The Brahmastra never missed its mark and had to be used with very specific intent against an individual enemy or army, as the target would face complete annihilation. It was believed to be obtained by meditating on the Creator in the Vedas, Lord Brahma; it could only be used once in a lifetime. The user would have to display immense amounts of mental concentration. According to ancient Sanskrit writings, the Brahmastra is invoked by a key phrase or invocation that is bestowed upon the user when given this weapon. Through this invocation the user can call upon the weapon and use it via a medium against his adversary.

Vishvamitra used it against Vasishta, but the Brahmastra was swallowed by Brahmadanda, Lord Brahma's countermeasure against the Brahmastra

The confrontation of Arjuna and Ashwatthama is also said to have involved the four square more destructive weapon, the Brahmashira. In this version Ashwatthama did not have his bow and arrow near him when he was confronted by Arjuna. So he took a piece of straw and after silently invoking the proper phrase he threw the straw at Arjuna, which carried the power of the Brahmashiras. In response, Arjuna also invoked the Brahmashira to counter Ashwatthama's, but the collision of two Brahmashiras would have destroyed the universe,

However these parts makes it seem more 'magical' and 'godlike' does it not?

extra DIV

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

4. Please look at what the nuke did to Hiroshima and Nagisaki - a large amount of debris (considering the cities were made mainly of wood) now why is there nothing underneath, or surrounding these 'impact' sites?

I was under the impression that both of those bombs were exploded at high altitude, can those still leave fused glasses?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

I was under the impression that both of those bombs were exploded at high altitude, can those still leave fused glasses?

They were and they didn't. The 'proper' use of a nuke against a land target is to explode it above the target. If it is so low that it melts the top layer of soil into glass - it's to low. However the claim was that a layer of glass was an indicator of a nuclear explosion; if usually isn't but the key point is that there is nothing UNDER the glass.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join