It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State Department Wants To Stop You From Leaving The U.S.!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The State Department has proposed a new form for passports, to be used when a citizen “submits citizenship or identity evidence that is insufficient or of questionable authenticity.” (I'm guessing the POTUS is exempt from this requirement).

On the surface the reasoning sounds innocent enough, but really, when did terrorists LEAVING the country become a problem? This reeks of yet another power grab over the U.S. population.

Recently, the State Department quietly proposed a new ‘biographical questionnaire’ in lieu of the traditional passport application. The new form requires you to provide things like:
- names, birth places, and birth dates of your extended family members
- your mother’s place of employment at the time of your birth
- whether or not your mother received pre-natal or post natal care
- the address of your mother’s physician and dates of appointments
- the address of every place you have ever lived in your entire life
- the name and address of every school you have ever attended

Most people would find it impossible to provide such information, yet the form requires that the responses ‘are true and correct’ under penalty of imprisonment. Naturally, the privacy statement on the application also acknowledges that the responses can be shared with other departments in the government, including Homeland Security. If this proposal passes, then US citizens will have a nearly insurmountable hurdle to obtain a passport and be able to leave the country at will. Even if it doesn’t pass, it’s a clear demonstration of what the people who run the country are thinking.

Source

He re's another source

Another problem I have with this is that it would be incredibly easy to abuse. How many innocent people can no longer fly because they're on the "no fly list", and why are they not entitled to an explanation as to the reason?

Millions have been added to no-fly lists that restrict air travel to any destination, be it domestic or international. Most, like seven year old John Anderson, were added to the list for reasons unknown. And once added, it is nearly impossible to be removed.

Millions, really? DHS has identified millions of potential terrorists? Apparently there are almost as many terrorists as there are people in China.

Here's the actual form.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO
The State Department has proposed a new form for passports...

Previous thread...
New absurd US passport questionnaire

Previous thread...
US gov doesn't want to see their slaves leave

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If they can not keep people from coming into the US, how in the world do they propose to keep people in.

Personally, if I want out of the country, I will get out. With or without a passport.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i remember reading about that, about a month ago....the DHS hasn't put that into motion, yet...but given if things in the US continue, the way they have been...they might even put a stop to issuing passports altogether...it's just another way for the government to try and control its own people, and keep us sheeple grazing in the mushroom pastures

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I wasn't able to find anything when searching with the term "passport", but it may be because so many threads were listed and I only had so much time to look through them. Mods, please feel free to delete or close if you feel it's necessary.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In order to renew my passport I must give it up for many weeks. I have a strong suspicion that they won't ever give me a new one. They probably have me on a list for posting on this site. I think I will have to leave the country, just to get a new passport so I can leave when the stuff hits the fan.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO
reply to post by alfa1

I wasn't able to find anything when searching with the term "passport", but it may be because so many threads were listed and I only had so much time to look through them.

i didn't read it on this site....i've only been on here about a week....i read it on another site..can't remember which.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I would be at a loss trying to remember all the information asked for.

The FBI and GBI would already have that as I have been a bit radical in my life.
So I would ask them for the necessary info.

I am the eldest in my family so nobody can harm my parents and the rest of my family are all more than capable of taking care of themselves.

Bring it. Not skeeeeered.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.law.cornell.edu...

www.law.cornell.edu...

www.law.cornell.edu...

Its alot of reading but here are the 'laws' on the books this proposal is using.

§ 1544. Misuse of passport
How Current is This? Whoever willfully and knowingly uses, or attempts to use, any passport issued or designed for the use of another; or
Whoever willfully and knowingly uses or attempts to use any passport in violation of the conditions or restrictions therein contained, or of the rules prescribed pursuant to the laws regulating the issuance of passports; or
Whoever willfully and knowingly furnishes, disposes of, or delivers a passport to any person, for use by another than the person for whose use it was originally issued and designed—
Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 25 years (if the offense was committed to facilitate an act of international terrorism (as defined in section 2331 of this title)), 20 years (if the offense was committed to facilitate a drug trafficking crime (as defined in section 929 (a) of this title)), 10 years (in the case of the first or second such offense, if the offense was not committed to facilitate such an act of international terrorism or a drug trafficking crime), or 15 years (in the case of any other offense), or both.

law.justia.com...

There is RETENTION of citizenship buried in this proposal as well.

Good find, just another slip of the noose.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

Well when I leave I won't need a passport, because I won't be coming back.

This country disgusts me more and more every day!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by AntiNWO

Well when I leave I won't need a passport, because I won't be coming back.

This country disgusts me more and more every day!

You'll need one to enter wherever youre going.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Maybe a good case of amnesia
is just what the doctor ordered.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
toto...i've a feeling we're not in kansas, anymore

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

so im adopted and i dont know the answers to any of those questions does this mean im screwed when i try to renew my passport?what about orphans or kids whos paretns are seperated but dont get along?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

edit on 7/21/2011 by AntiNWO because: Double post

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
If they can not keep people from coming into the US, how in the world do they propose to keep people in.

Personally, if I want out of the country, I will get out. With or without a passport.

I'd love to know how you would do that with the security in place everywhere. I believe there are even laws preventing you from taking your money with you.

Has it occurred to anyone else the government is more concerned with innocent people leaving the country than with criminals entering? Or that now all of these laws passed to supposedly stop terrorism since 9/11 aren't aimed at "Muslim extremists", or even criminals, but at innocent American citizens? And still, the majority of people in this country think that conspiracy theorists are nutcases.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

Isnt it funny that we were told about this awhile ago.. Only if them guys we called our forefathers did more drugs.. I am sure one of them stated, I think it was that damn hippy Jefferson damn hippy that stated Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither and lose both..

The statement above is real except the hippy and drug user parts.. Also stated in V for Vendetta remember Sessler who ran the country there? Iron grip on its people...

But what gets me is everyone crys and whines and bitches about this stuff day in and day out.. At the end of the day it is our fault for letting it happen.. Ya 9/11 was pulled off by bin laden, cant you just see how much he made out of pulling off 9/11.. He made mad loot I think what trillions with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and all the new departments going up around this country taking liberties and so on and so forth.. ya Bin Laden really made out on that eh....

Whatever.. as long as we are compliant and dont say anything maybe it will go away.. till then dont worry about it, and at some point when it bothers your personal crap ass like then you will start screaming about it, but when that time comes nobody will care because nobody will be around to fight for that 1st amendment right we held so dear..

Anyway sorry for the rant, stupid things make people get stupid sometimes, this is just my version of some things i see....
edit on 7/21/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

If forced to go that route, I would not be using the same methods as everyone else to get out, it would be underground.

Unless they plan on having someone cover every square inch of the border, I do not see how they will stop everyone. Same with boats.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wow, that's some scary stuff... I hope Canada isn't next with this ridiculous crap.

If these new policies/laws pass, it'll have a set date for when it kicks in and everyone will be in a mad rush to get a passport before it does... which means the backlog would make it near impossible to get the application submitted, acknowledged, and time stamped before the deadline. So now would be the time to apply for a passport.

Call me paranoid, but this sounds like preparation for some kind of potential societal upheaval/chaos/control of the masses... they're dotting their "i's" and crossing their "t's" beforehand.

... I think George Orwell may eventually turn out to be a prophet with his book "1984".

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think the rest of the world agree's with this. They also want American's to not leave America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join