It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Amazing Magic/Illusion Trick Performed I've Ever Seen!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
If anyone can help explain or show how this illusion is done, please share. I'd be very impressed if you could replicate it

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Iz not magic, iz real.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Holy Cow....

I thought that was going to be another illusion that was mildly impressive. I stand corrected. That was fantastic, well done for finding and posting OP. Keep up the good work.

Has anyone got any idea how this works? It may be the new default 'excuse' when phoning in sick to work

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It's well done for sure, I'd have to say though that it's probably two people, a small person in the lower half and the guy on top isn't fully bodied. Like this guy..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Amazing! I would guess that there are two people; one is on top, with his knees up to his chest, the other has his body inside the box, with his legs outside!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
It's well done for sure, I'd have to say though that it's probably two people, a small person in the lower half and the guy on top isn't fully bodied. Like this guy..

That was my thoughts on it and a sensible explanation..

Still.. A Good trick and well performed..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Hmmm I agree that the guy on top is probably not fully bodied like you say, but looking at the lower half, where could a a person fit in there? would someone fit in to one leg of a pair of trousers? Curiouser and curiouser

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Spoiler alert...

It's actually a trick that comes from the early 1900's...

Short description

Criss Angel did the same trick. Criss Angel's take on the trick:

And a suggested how to...

edit on 20-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: Spelling and clarity

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Aw nice find. Ok, it's slipping more in to the realm of reality now. I've always loved magic and there will always be a small part of me that think its genuine magic. I'm glad there are some sensible chaps around to put me straight though.

Swift work ATS ... case closed
Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Haha... that was very clever, and very funny!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
One youtuber's explanation, I guess he is right:
"The black guy's legs were in his jacket (Yes there are people who are that flexible). There is another guy in the white box sticking his legs out from the side into the legs of the trousers (notice how its stuck to the box). Doc covers the legs at 50 seconds, and that's when the guy in the white box takes his legs out of the trousers. The box is now taken away, leaving empty trousers for the black guy to finally put his own legs in them in the end. And thereeeee you go!"

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Could you explain the how to.. I can't watch the video with these damn apple products!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
reply to post by Gemwolf

Aw nice find. Ok, it's slipping more in to the realm of reality now. I've always loved magic and there will always be a small part of me that think its genuine magic. I'm glad there are some sensible chaps around to put me straight though.

Swift work ATS ... case closed
Peace

I hear you man.. Sometimes these things baffle me too (although I clearly know it's not really magic) But to bring yourself back to reality in future.. just ask yourself this.. If someone could actually do something like that with real magic, Would they be auditioning for Americas got talent?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

I was thinking the same thing. Even though it's show business where anyone of all body shapes and sizes tries to get a job in, you'd have to be also very "fit" to be able to work into an act like this. Nice picture.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I remember watching that video too...just didn't clue into me at the time I watched this video. However, this one has a little bit more of an appeal because they re-join the two body parts. I just wish they would undress the surgeon who got "cut in half" haha

Nevertheless, let your eyes imagine what would happen not in reality mode and you'll find the act very entertaining!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
.. just ask yourself this.. If someone could actually do something like that with real magic, Would they be auditioning for Americas got talent?

Haha, very good point. I'll keep in mind for the next illusion thread. I'll nail the next one

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Its one guy, there is a mirror under the able, his legs are next to the table, the legs contain supports, he just walks "into" the table and then back into the "legs". I dunno, it just wasn't too impressive. When he floats another mirror comes up with him.

edit on 20-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It's a nice trick, but yep, folks above have nailed it. There's actually another guy on AGT that has had me scratching my head a bit though...

His tricks are pretty unique, and I've got most of them figured out, but wasn't easy, and I'm usually VERY good at these, as I've got a few friends who are into this...(and on occasion, do a bit of magic myself)...

Some basic aspects of these illusions:

Use of twins (for disappearing and reappearing elsewhere)

Use of boxes and contortionists, (the boxes are made/painted to look smaller than they really are, such as including lots of trim work, etc, slanted backs, etc.)

Misdirection at key moments (capes, curtains, smoke, pretty assistants) to distract the viewer at opportune times where the trick is most vulnerable.

False panels in the bottom, side, or back. (On AGT, you can often see the seams of these, as that show has notoriously bad lighting guys...)

new topics

top topics

join