It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victim of 911 hate crime attack campaigns to prevent attackers execution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

In the nine years Mark Stroman has been on death row in Texas, he says he has watched 208 people walk past him on the way to be executed.

This week it is his turn.

But fighting to save his life is the man he shot in the face and blinded in one eye.

Full Story...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Basically the story is that shortly after the 911 attacks an angry Mark Stroman decided to seek revenge, He loaded his shotgun and searched for "Arabs" to kill.

He attacked 3 people, 2 of which died, and the survivor Rais Bhuyian (A bangladashi born US Citizen) is now campaigning to save his attackers life.

Rais says that, while laying injured in hospital, he made a promise to Allah that he would make a pilgrimage to Mecca and it was on this pilgrimage that he found his peace and forgave Mark.

In Rais words...

"This campaign is all about passion, forgiveness, tolerance and healing. We should not stay in the past, we must move forward,"

"If I can forgive my offender who tried to take my life, we can all work together to forgive each other and move forward and take a new narrative on the 10th anniversary of 11 September."

Mark Stroman himself admits that his crimes where born of Ignorance...

"I had some poor upbringing and I grabbed a hold of some ideas which was ignorance, you know, and hate is pure ignorance. I no longer want to be like hate, I want to be like me"

Mark is scheduled to be executed on 20/07/2011 at 6pm.

I just thought that after the many hate threads being thrown around lately it would be nice to show a story with a little balance. Read the story and watch the video, listen to Rais words, a very humble and thoughtful human-being.

Hate, stereotypes, decimation and intolerance are all born from ignorance.

DENY IGNORANCE!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is astounding. One the examples where there is a legitimate link between Religion and Spirituality. This man has found the ability to let his inherent light shine from within. I applaud him, I am so very proud of humanity today after seeing this.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Seeing how this is merika. will i be able to watch this on HLN?
I have not seen a execution in a while.

Seriously this is a truly touching story. Forgiving is some thing people overlook so fast they jump to hate and anger.

I hope this guy manages to get him of the death penalty
edit on 19-7-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I'll never understand quite what it takes to forgive someone who has brutally taken the life of someone very close. I fear I wouldn't have it in his position. Having said that, I sure respect his ability to do it. I think Faith and religion are the most power forces in society. It's just a shame a small % have warped his faith into something dark and evil but..I suppose he's as good an example as anyone that it doesn't have to carry to everyone by any stretch.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sometimes we need stories like this to remind us that humans, while sometimes, okay most of the time cruel, have a good heart deep down.

Many times religion can help. It can help save and it can help forgive. And although it causes fighting and war, it is not always a bad thing as some make it out to be.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

How does this guy think that he has a right to defend the actions of a man who murdered two other innocent men? That pathetic fool is the epitome of all that is wrong with this country: violent action based on ignorance. Now we're supposed to pay $40,000 every year to keep that worthless POS alive after what he did, simply because the guy who lived was told by Allah to forgive him? Sure, forgive him, then flip the switch and be done with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

How does this guy think that he has a right to defend the actions of a man who murdered two other innocent men? That pathetic fool is the epitome of all that is wrong with this country: violent action based on ignorance. Now we're supposed to pay $40,000 every year to keep that worthless POS alive after what he did, simply because the guy who lived was told by Allah to forgive him? Sure, forgive him, then flip the switch and be done with it.

Can you please show me where this guy defended the actions of the offender?

He is not defending the crime; he is making the point that a life turned around is a life worth saving. Especially if he can educate other offenders who may one day be released back into society.

Did you watch the video? Listen to what he says.
There is a lot of hate in your reply... isn’t it because of hate that this sorry situation started?

Forgiveness is a blessing and a strength!

In the words of Mahatma Gandhi

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

Peace
edit on 19-7-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
This is astounding. One the examples where there is a legitimate link between Religion and Spirituality. This man has found the ability to let his inherent light shine from within. I applaud him, I am so very proud of humanity today after seeing this.

Indeed, it lifts the spirit to see such kindness, generosity and enlightenment; instead of bitter and twisted hatred.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
A wonderful story to end my night. Thank you. It's beautiful when people can understand the full human experience and respect the strides we take each day to better ourselves. (most of us.)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Mark Stroman was executed and was pronounced dead at 2053 CDT (0153 GMT)

www.bbc.co.uk...

His final words were...

"Even though I lay on this gurney, seconds away from my death, I am at total peace,"

"God bless America. God bless everyone," he said. "Let's do this damn thing."

I know he is a murderer, but i still find this very sad. I am sure he could have been a benefit to his fellow prisoners had he served life imprisonment rather than death. Just all feels like a waste of life.

Peace
edit on 21-7-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

top topics

join