It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bad omen of things to come...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astr0
I am an amateur history buff, and i can tell you for free right now that food and water are the two most common denominators to causing wars.

No food? go steal some land to grow it. No water? go steal some land to drink from.

Its that simple and with the coming years looking bleaker, well all I can say is the USA just stole Libyas water and the Bush family are sat on Peru's largest underground aquifier.

coincidence? don't you believe it.

There is no such thing as coincidences. Especially concerning the powers that be and there interests and investments.

Oh and hell ya OP things are slowly starting to get "interesting". The writing has been on the wall for a long time, and the voices have been screaming in the wilderness equally as long. So there really is nothing much more to say on it, that has not been said and done before.

Something wicked this way comes.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Can you see the signs... they are all around us, everywhere you look, you can see the signs.
Signs that the "times are changing"
Signs that say stop, yield, merge with traffic, etc... But no one seems to notice, no one seems to care until one day there is no food and nothing you can do, accept for dig a fox hole and prepare for the storm that is coming. So dig your fox holes deep and get ready to fight for your life.
edit on 20-7-2011 by SNAKE13X because: first draft edit

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It really is insane that there hasn't been any rain at all, or very little, in certain parts of the country this year. Around my area in TX, we hadn't had any rain at all for a while, and then got a shower the other day, and some sprinkles yesterday, which was good because my well was actually starting to get silty, from what I suppose was the water level getting too low. This is terrible about all of the crops and animals and people that are suffering due to drought.

I wonder if it has anything to do with something other than natural occurrences, such as global warming or ionosphere tampering.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Makes you start to wonder if humans are actually capable of learning at all really.
It all appears very monkey see monkey do.

We had a local council out Ipswich way, I think( West of Brisbane) which went ahead and built a massive reed bed system.
Basically all your toilet water was pumped underground (pretty sure solids were filtered and solar dried) the water would go through several layers of pebble and rock then through earth.
There are different types of water plants which did the final filtering. After testing they found this water to be almost cleaner than that which was flowing into drinking taps, and they created a wetland which was self sustaining.
Made sense to me.
That's a lot of water wasted right there all goes down the toilet.
Smaller versions of these you could do in your own back yards, pump out your grey water instead, still works the same, shower water sink water (not kitchen) washing water etc.
Suburbs didn't like grey water systems in the neighbourhood (they can smell but the plants love it), even water tanks weren't allowed in most suburban sprawls, until later, until the water got low. Then it was government funding this government funding that, insulation this insulation that, which got crucified because it wasn't 'regulated' properly(like we need more of that!),
Before our great Qld flood, which incidentally NSW and ACT have had a couple themselves, ending a very long drought, they kicked off the build of a de-salinisation plant (sorry for the spelling), last I heard that is now sitting unused, they no longer need to extra water at the moment. Hmmm...millions of dollars stagnating off the coast at Tweed.
If you rely on others to fix the problem I think you risk becoming the collateral damage from others doing nothing.
Humans without water = death, simple fact.
There's no amount of fear mongering (as another posted said) that could excuse not worrying about this issue.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So essentially if this were a sign of things to come then what your saying is we should all stock up on bread, flour, wheat, anything corn related and water? I live in Colorado and when I asked how much of our food comes out of Kansas, hubbhy said quite a bit. So being that we tend to stock up for the winter just in case of bad weather this wouldn't be so unusual from our normal stocking up. Make sure we have enough water should the water go out, make sure we have enough flour to make bread should that become necessary? But beyond that what are the practical implications here?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Please continue to keep the racoon safe. They are the sweetest of pets, better than a little dog. However, they will love you then leave you. Just as soon as the weather returns to normal the little fellow will be back out in the garden again. But he will remember your kindness. In Japan racoons are pets like as we in the west would have cats as pet. Racoons are very intelligent same as cats are very intelligent. He will be a member of your family just like a cat is a member of the family. In my garden I have hedgehogs that I feed and also foxes too. A really big strong red fox recently died due to natural old age. He was found behind our garden shed. His last resting place. Some squirrels come in occassionally too. Especially since I planted an oak tree for them. In the UK we once had "RED PANDA" but they died out due to lack of habitat and now only exist in few numbers in Scotland on protected estates where they cling on. A red panda is like a racoon but smaller and obviously red. They have a diet much the same as that of a racoon.

Do not worry about the dry conditions. These weather problems have their cycles. They come and go over time. On average the rain levels are probably still normal, but the distribution is out of order. So instead of coming as you might expect in the summer, by contrast all the rain might come in just the winter. The oceans are cooling down which is called LA NINA thus the weather takes on a certain configuration. The weather will return to EL NINO and then the configuration will go back to "normal" again. How do we define "normal" ? Human civilizations are able to get around these problems through international trading. It was exactly such climate changes that stimulated human civilizations into existence. We will survive it through international cooperativeness.

In the UK we are also getting a dry spell. However, it could be a great deal worse.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

It's amazing just how oblivious people seem to be with the water situation. I've only watched the first Video so far, and what really troubled me deeply was the beginning and what a person goes through without water, how it degenerates every cell in the body. You see, when you've watched a loved one die slowly, it's very painful. When a person is taken off life support in a Hospital, this is exactly what they do to people. No water, no food no nothing. You have to watch the people you love die of thirst and hunger, sometimes taking up to two weeks, and Doctors call this Humane? Animals have it much better, they go quickly this to me is very disturbing. The Medical System is anything but humane i have to say. Anyways, the only Gold alternative that will be left will be what the men in the British Army were taught in the second world war, which is your own urine, which is sterile. Providing you arent intoxicated or drugged up it will save your life, its also loaded with every vitamin and mineral the body needs. Good post i'm watching the rest now.

Originally posted by QBSneak000
This is a great documentary on the subject of water in the world called Blue Gold

Part 1

Part2

Part 3

Part4

Part 5

Part 6

edit on 19-7-2011 by QBSneak000 because: fix link

edit on 19-7-2011 by QBSneak000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2011 by QBSneak000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It's a sign that we need to focus our attention toward aquaponics, it reuses the water constantly, and the overall input is much less.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
well friend your not in it alone.

i got out here to oklahoma just in time to see the same show.

i think its day 20 of 100+, and our ground is shifting and cracking so much that yesterday our cities ancient clay water lines started to finally break. so the little water we did have spent most of the day soaking the gutters.

the workers were in no rush to fix it, as the roads are so dry and cracked that the very foundations the streets are paved on are jeopardized.

they are rationing the water now, and most people have to use it on the foundation of their house so most of everybodies yard plants/gardens are dried up and dead.

on the other hand...100 out here feels like 80 back in california...so i guess it could be worse

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

Please continue to keep the racoon safe. They are the sweetest of pets, better than a little dog. However, they will love you then leave you. Just as soon as the weather returns to normal the little fellow will be back out in the garden again. But he will remember your kindness. In Japan racoons are pets like as we in the west would have cats as pet. Racoons are very intelligent same as cats are very intelligent. He will be a member of your family just like a cat is a member of the family. In my garden I have hedgehogs that I feed and also foxes too. A really big strong red fox recently died due to natural old age. He was found behind our garden shed. His last resting place. Some squirrels come in occassionally too. Especially since I planted an oak tree for them. In the UK we once had "RED PANDA" but they died out due to lack of habitat and now only exist in few numbers in Scotland on protected estates where they cling on. A red panda is like a racoon but smaller and obviously red. They have a diet much the same as that of a racoon.

Do not worry about the dry conditions. These weather problems have their cycles. They come and go over time. On average the rain levels are probably still normal, but the distribution is out of order. So instead of coming as you might expect in the summer, by contrast all the rain might come in just the winter. The oceans are cooling down which is called LA NINA thus the weather takes on a certain configuration. The weather will return to EL NINO and then the configuration will go back to "normal" again. How do we define "normal" ? Human civilizations are able to get around these problems through international trading. It was exactly such climate changes that stimulated human civilizations into existence. We will survive it through international cooperativeness.

In the UK we are also getting a dry spell. However, it could be a great deal worse.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

Cute little critters no doubt but in my neck of the woods, raccoons carry rabies and I would never attempt to lure them into my yard because these urban raccoons have no fear of humans. I discourage them as much as possible. Leave the wild ones alone. That goes for any wild animal no matter how cute they are. Human interference does them no good in the wild.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
When I went to the store yesterday, I noticed that there were only 8 cartons of eggs left in the cooler. The rest of the shelves were bare. I was surprised. The meat aisle had plenty of beef, chicken, or pork. When I checked out I asked the manager who happened to be standing there why the eggs were bare and you know what he told me?! He said that more and more people have been buying eggs because they can't afford beef and chicken.

There were only a few loaves of bread left on the shelves too. This is a store that has always been stocked up on everything. I'd say things are going from bad to worse when people can't afford to eat anything but bread and eggs.
I have been stocking up on soup and beans etc. I have a supply that would last me maybe 7 months. And that supply could possibly cover a second person if someone were to need help. Other than that I have a bad feeling we are about to be in big trouble going into 2012.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I started a garden up here in Montana in the little space behind my flat. The rains killed it. The rain also killed my neighbor's flowers. Her flowers have turned a black brown color and petals shrunk up. She said it was the first time in all her life this happened. Other people in my area complaining about this as well. While America's food supplies die off, we have the toxic rain from Japan coming over. I know that most people don't believe it but I do. If it's found in the milk it's in the rain.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If you are well prepared and plan on living up in the mountains, try and get to an area that sees some snow every year. Its a great way to replenish your water supply if you aren't close to a fresh source..not to mention that fresh source may be completely frozen over.

This guy was a survival god IMO

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Because of a job transfer..we just moved to New Mexico this month to experiance New Mexico's worst drought and record fires in history. Alot of sacred, Native American land has been burned. It's really sad. Also, the New Mexican crop of red and green chili's didn't do so well this year, So expect higher prices for your salsa's or anything else that uses chili's.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
well now... this thread certainly took off while I was away...

I haven't had time to read all the replies but the ones I have make me feel all the worse knowing this event is not confined to the Midwest but appears to be global in scale...

I'm not known to make predictions... unless they deal with making my wife mad and thus sleeping on the couch... like I would be if I let that cute little coon in the house...

But I will take a stab and say... it seems reasonable to me that this heat wave and epidemic crop failures is bound to weaken your economy's further... remember food production on a global scale isn't just about farmers...

18 percent of the oil (energy) we use in this country goes directly to ag business... A large percent of our trucking and transportation industries are dedicated to the daily movement of food stuffs... not to mention all the stores from mega markets to little mom and pop shops.... as our food supply dwindles I see all those jobs, good and services quickly following... anyone know if John deer tractor is thinking of doing another round of layoffs???
I cant see them selling a lot of tractors right now... or those thousands of other companies that cater to the ag business...
edit on 20-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In Williamsburg, Virginia they grew their crops in their front yards, the dirt street, and any other place land was cleared. Stating the obvious; everyone can dig up their grass and plant crops, crops can be planted down the highway medians and on the side berms empty lots and open areas can be new places to grow gardens. People should start canning foods again. We americans have become fat, and lazy, and stupid. Who says we are responsible for feeding the world?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Very bad news for the 3rd world who'll be further exploited and forced into real poverty by Imperial America.

Really? Wow.

Do you know how much cash crops does the US exports every year?

Its the farmers that will suffer. The consumers will somehow manage with alternative crops.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I live in Kansas also and the crops all look good around me. Corns over my head and all the ears I've shucked look good. Guess we must be in differt parts

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by juleol

Each year since 2009 worldwide there has been more and more "insurance" catastrophe's, flooding, drought, storm damage, earthquakes and yes volcanoes. Just take a look at Lloyd's of London underwriters to see each year is costing them more and more.

When I was growing up I watched the news everyday (BBC World Service) and this is NOT normal in my 40 odd years on this planet, my parent's in their 60's do not recall worldwide issues like now due to natural disasters, nor did my grandparents mention this kind of thing. Perhaps a small blip on geological timescales but the planet is definately changing. Back when I was a teenager we had a large famine in Africa (Biafra and later Ethiopia) , and a few bad floods in Bangladesh / Pakistan ... now we have flooding over a huge swathe of the USA, Mexico, Cloumbia, China, Philipines Pakistan, India, Poland, Sri Lanka, Vietnam even the UK ..and lets no forget Oz last year .... usually after droughts .... lovely

So just to cheer us up another food stample in trouble - rice ....
www.nst.com.my...

There are two reasons for this.. One reason is that such news are more covered today due to internet and how we can today report from pretty much any corner of the world.
Also 40 years is nothing.. A climate cycle can last for 40 year or more by itself. If you go back to late 1800s or early 1900s you will definitely find way worse weather.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pibbkc
I live in Kansas also and the crops all look good around me. Corns over my head and all the ears I've shucked look good. Guess we must be in differt parts

Come down to SEK Southeast Kansas... in fact drop by my office in Parsons and ill buy us both cold drinks...
but as you get close... take a good look at the fields... it ain't pretty

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join