It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bad omen of things to come...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I grew up in the Bootheel of New Mexcio and my parents still live there. Average rainfall should be around 11.5" per year. Since October 2010 they have recieved a total of 0.29 inches of precipitation, all falling in 2 events. A dusting of snow on Jan. 1st and a short sprinkling of rain on July 11. If you take it back to 2 years ago, they have gotten 13 inches of precipitation in that timespan... however, one single event on July 5, 2010 dumped 4 inches of rain in about 3 hours, meaning 90% of it didn't get any chance to soak in and just ran right off.

The aquefer isn't recharging in Southern NM because there's no rain to recharge it. My parents have had their well deepened 3 times since I was a kid and, the last time they drilled it deeper they hit rock. That means if the aquefer continues to be drained many, many people in the area will be out of options and be forced to move thanks to lack of water.

If you talk to the old timers, Dust Bowl II is well underway. The media is downplaying it, but virtually everyone who lived through the Great Depression in the Heartland & Southwest is calling de-ja-vu.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

To add to your post, my family has a house up in Shasta lake, Shasta provides most of northern californias water, and its full to the Max. To bad we cant pass on some of the water we are getting here.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Can't help but to think that all of this is just another page of their playbook.

I'm not that smart, but even I can see the big picture and quite frankly unless you are new to what's been going on, it shouldn't be a surprise. Sad, but not surprising.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
im from kansas also. it surly is much hotter then i remember. last october i was in dresses still. winter was harsh but short. my boyfriend lives in nevada. we beat the temps there daily. the only plants left in my garden is a rose bush mint and some purple plant from texas. the night time is no exception. its horrible. last july even it was a good 20 degrees lower. it seems.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've been warning people since last fall that this year would be very difficult and not likely to improve as it ages.

I've posted over the winter and spring that you shouldn't rely on abundant food supplies this year unless you've planted a big garden like I have, expecting a high loss rate.

Climate change is upon us. Yeah, it's a natural process and has happened before, big deal, right?

Yes, but it's natural for it to last thirty to a hundred years, you ready for that?

Are you ready for a Southwest nothing will grow in and the temps are always over 90?

There's lots of reasons, both natural and man-caused, but what difference does that make now? The trend lines are clear: last year's crops were sub-standard in quantity and quality, and this year's are worse, and next year's will be at least slightly radioactive, and probaby lesser still in quantity and quality.

Try Googling " mass food poisoning"...unless you've been following it like I have, you'll probably be shocked.

Things are in a much worse state than most know.

Personally, I think stuff began hitting the fan about a year ago and the chunks are getting bigger with every passing day.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is B.S.

I thought a few weeks ago everyone was worried about flooding along the Missouri. People were in a panic because there was so much water.

Now there's a drought so bad that "98%" of Kansas is losing crops?

Ever hear of a CANAL SYSTEM??? Is Kansas living in the stone ages? This is a man made problem, not a climate problem.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It is somewhat ironic that some areas are suffering drought while others are from flooding. I have thought too, like a couple of other posters, wouldn't a system of canals or pipes across the country be cool to disperse the water where needed? It would be a monumental task though, and who's gonna pay for it?????
Maybe some rain holding/storage technology would be effective, so as not to waste any water given. Most people here in Oregon have rain collection systems to use during the summer months in their garden/yards.
What is sad is it sounds like some water management efforts could be applied, but people don't want the gov telling them anything to do! Look at the light bulb fiasco. If the gov suggests anything these days, people flip, and I understand to some degree, but good ideas are still good ideas when it comes to conservation.

spec
edit on 19-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Your statement could be seen as some very good advice too.
Certainly we in Aussie haven't heard about the drought over there, droughts are something we're very familiar with. I thought the American floods were bad enough but nothing further on that information either on our local networks. In fact the two major Northern Hemisphere Storms were described last night as cloudy with a chance of rain!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Not sure whether this is man-made or natrual.

If things are changing with-in your area due to man-made activities,than its probably man-made,whether you know about it or not.

If nothing is going on that is man-made,then it may infact be part of the natrual process.

Certainly we in Aussie haven't heard about the drought over there

Also i agree with AussieAmandaC, i havnt heard anything about it over here either.

CHeers
edit on 19-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's for this very reason that I have begun to stock up on foods such as rice (brown) Lentils, beans of any sort, canned goods, and other items that store well long-term. (Such as oats, salt (iodized), MORE rice, etc, etc. ) I would store whole grains but I don't have a grain mill yet. This is why it is so very important to be as self-sufficient as you can. I'm working my way there...slowly.

Even though I live in Northern Michigan, the weather has been really humid and hot as hell (for us). It's also been really parched too. My front lawn looks like someone scalped it and took a torch to it. Seesh. Be aware and stay prepared as you can is all I really can offer in terms of advice here.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Sundowner because: TYPO MONSTER!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

The sad thing is, we've had the solution to this problem for years...how many of you here have heard of atmosperic water generators? Many I talk to don't even know they exist, let alone for personal sale.

en.wikipedia.org...

Granted it is not an end all be all solution, but scaled up to a waterplant size scale would certainly make an impact. The big thing with this type of technology is placement is key, so the some states may need to rely on others to make up for what they can not produce. This certainly would be a slow process to start, and would certainly not be an overnight solution to a drought, but over time it could have immense impact even globally. Think of all the thid world countries that could produce clean drinking water by simply installing one of these with a generator...

Food for thought if anything!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is just one of the reasons HAARP was created, to help the world with droughts and staring countries, then someone got greedy and sold it to the military! now its used as a weapon instead of helping mankind! isn't America wonderful!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Thats bizarre, I was looking at these just last night....
There was one that was windmill based and entirely off grid. They look like an awesome bit of kit, and last years

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
THis was covered on the national news last night. I was shocked to see the devastation and could not believe it had gotten this bad,and happened so quietly. Maybe because it will get worse with food shortages etc in the near future. The weather map of the country was also a shocker with weather from 100-120 degrees covering 2/3 of the country.

A bad omen indeed.
edit on 19-7-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

It certainly is hot everywhere in the U.S. right now..I live here in Michigan, and on Thursday it is calling for 100 degrees, and an overall heat index of 110.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Thats bizarre, I was looking at these just last night....
There was one that was windmill based and entirely off grid. They look like an awesome bit of kit, and last years

A friend of mine back in ohio, his father patented a system that was bought up by the U.S. military...been hush hush about it ever since...keep in mind this was YEARS ago...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

the situation of weird weather destroying cops is world wide. China is experiencing, flooding, drought and snow in Summer. Russia is on fire, Canada is on fire, Mexico was burning all over the place a few weeks ago, Europe is in drought. Somalia is being declared to be in a famine. There are other African nations also starving. The world reserves for food are at like 15 days of reserves. It is really crazy. I am not sure history has ever seen a situation like this as we never had this large of a population that was so dependent on other countries harvests.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157

Originally posted by SunnyDee
THis was covered on the national news last night. I was shocked to see the devastation and could not believe it had gotten this bad,and happened so quietly. Maybe because it will get worse with food shortages etc in the near future. The weather map of the country was also a shocker with weather from 100-120 degrees covering 2/3 of the country.

A bad omen indeed.
edit on 19-7-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

It certainly is hot everywhere in the U.S. right now..I live here in Michigan, and on Thursday it is calling for 100 degrees, and an overall heat index of 110.

Ha! Same here! (The Michigan part, anyhow) Everything is looking really dry and parched where I'm at...though East/West Grand Traverse Bay don't seem to be terribly lower than normal. =/

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Some things to think about:

1) The shocking news that, soon after the US Army Corps of Engineers decided to flood millions of acres of prime Missouri farmland, the very same Army Corps offered to BUY the flooded land dirt cheap from the ruined farmers

2) Then there was the mysterious oil spill in Montana, ruining more prime farmland by NOT WARNING farmers downriver to stop spraying their fields in time

3) University research programmes indicate that "weather modification", "geoengineering", chemtrails and HAARP really might have the power to cause any kind of drought, flood, earthquake, volcano, hurricane or tsunami

4) Widespread reports that wherever there is mass chemtrail spraying, there is drought, because the chemicals bond with the moisture in the clouds, preventing it from falling as rain

5) Then there is the map of the proposed "Wildlife Areas", covering most of Kansas. And Missouri. And Montana. And everywhere.

6) It seems quite possible, horrific but possible, that this drought is part of the NWO plan to take our land and drive us all into the cities, where we can be more easily controlled.

Something to think about (which "ThinkingCap" has already done in his post below).

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
One more thing to throw into the mix. Most farm plantings were put in later this year than in most years. Some parts of the country were behind as much as 4 weeks at the same time as last year. So now the bet's are on as to whether we see an early frost this year. The potential of which could lead to even more grain loss if we do have an early frost.

We have been fairly fortunate this year weather wise. Been stuck right in the middle of droughts to south and west and flooding to north and east. Now if we can get some bee's to come around I would feel a lot better about the future of our fruit trees which aren't doing anything this year. Last year was pretty sad as well. Now that this heat has set in it sure isn't helping anything right now.

Might not hurt to stock up on the grains at least. Got a bad feeling prices are going to be jumping up even more by fall/winter.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

A drought is on her waters; and they shall be dried up: for it is the land of graven images, and they are mad on their idols

Jeremiah 50:38

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join