It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Poverty Includes A.C. and an Xbox

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
I give up. A leftist is a leftist is a leftist. They only see their plight and justify their sponging of the system rather than pick themselves up by their big boy pants and accepting responsibility for their lives. Of course the right is the right is the right. Same story only in reverse. This battle has raged for eons because of human nature. As long as there is any sort of monetary system this is what it will be like. Heck, we don't even have to have money for it to be like this. As long as one has more than another here will be envy and a justification as to why it should be shared. The only way to overcome it would be to have a communal society, which of course we know doesn't work. Sooner or later someone will become jealous and it all starts once again.

Game over, nothing to see here, move on folks...watch the guy in the red pants...

Actually, the right vs left debate has only gone on within the context of democratic social structure. Societies that don't in some way socially engineer their society by agreeing to provide for the commons don't have the luxury of such debate. Somalia for example isn't discussing whether or not society would be better off if people were educated. They're also not preaching personal responsibility and pulling themselves up by their bootstraps. They are however trying to find a way out and into a developed society that whether you like it or nothas some form of wealth distribution and a right and left even exist.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

for crying outloud get off that crap

the government is the end all be all of the american existence blaming the rich is pointless.

the policies and the people that are destroying the middle class and the poor are the same people who cheerlead for them.

hate the rich and you kill the only source of revenue the poor and middle class get.

i have yet to see the poor or middle create wealth.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You're blind then, for it is only the poor and middle class who create wealth by making stuff, buying stuff, and using stuff.

The rich only create poverty.

Mostly they just take what they haven't earned from those too weak to prevent it.

The rich are the ones who run the government and decide governmental policies. It is their government, not ours.

edit on 21-7-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

really now whose blind?

look at the former soviet union where there were no rich?

it takes money to make money that is self sustaining contrary to popular belief without those people who foot the majority of the bill and who pay for the real estate, the lawyers,the raw materials to produce anything and a myraid of other things this current state of this country exist.

i am nowhere near blind those people who will not acknowledge that they need those rich people are the blind ones.

i am tired of people saying the government is rich they arent their wealth depends on the citizens and when they dont work they dont have money.

edit on 21-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There were just as many rich in the USSR as anywhere. Any place as corrupt as it was has tons of rich.

No one needs the rich for squat. If given access to capital, a huge number of folks could be producing vastly more wealth in a year than the current crop of brain-dead rich parasites will ever create in their lifetimes.

They aren't terribly smart, ambititious or anything really...they're just people who had unscrupulous parents who didn't know when to say when on the wealth thing. For every Warren Buffet there's about a thousand Paris Hiltons.

What's with your blind worship of the rich, anyway?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

and where does that capital come from? eh WHERE?

how many people are going to take the risk ?

this is riduclous without business in this country the people and the government have no money

thats the country we live in they are the ones who are paying for everyone else in this country it isnt the other way around.

i am done with this thread cause i am getting upset.

someone rich is employing you and everyone else and you pay the government and so does the business.

thats how that works.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The capital comes from the Federal Reserve which prints money to "loan" to the rich at .01-2% interest, so they can loan it to the poor at 435% interest, the middle class at 40%.

Who would take the risk?

Anyone given half a chance.

The rich are merely parasites, who "give" nothing. They make a tidy profit on everyone they employ, and even have the temerity to demand employees give them ideas for improving the company, for which the employee gets a nice round of applause and the employer gets a higher profit margin for doing nothing, creating nothing, and depending on the employees to think and do for them.

Please.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

ridiculously exaggerated with over 100 million people on the government payroll the facts say who the parasites are

give the average or poor american 1 million bucks a loan or cash and they would go blow it.

so no anyone given a chance wouldnt.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

You just have to harp on the less fortunate.

Good for you!

You're doing the dirty work of the moronic elite, whose only goal is to turn Americans against Americans.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

ridiculously exaggerated with over 100 million people on the government payroll the facts say who the parasites are

give the average or poor american 1 million bucks a loan or cash and they would go blow it.

so no anyone given a chance wouldnt.

You are right. A middle school teacher would probably not invest that money wisely. A firefighter might blow it on something stupid. A cop just might use waste it on his mistress. These people are all parasites that give nothing back to society unlike the rich you worship who provide us with...

What do the rich give us?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You shouldn't be so quick to judge, lest you find yourself in a similar position.

It's opinions like yours and that of the OP that remind of why I hate this site. It's like a car accident though. You just can't help but stop and look in disbelief.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

i really do love posters who tell me what to do and should be doing.

i could care less what anyone thinks or says on this site and would not presume to tell them what to do.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

hate the rich and you kill the only source of revenue the poor and middle class get.

1. They control revenue but they do not fuel it. They depend on "government" more than anyone else to support their life style. Without "government" they could not control our natural resources or the masses. They could not play with abstract concepts without the rest of us doing the real labor.

2. I don't hate the rich, I just refuse to be a mindless slave. They can't be trusted with our natural resources, they have proved this time and time again.

Again, you are only comprehending half the equation.

Originally posted by RRokkyy
The Rich are the Government.

The Rich is the Military, Pharmaceutical, Prison industrial complex paid
for by the middle class and poor.
Imperialist wars and drug wars
butter their bread.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

i do not get why people are so dense they give you a job after they pay for their real estate loans their machinery and everything else it takes to run a business and take all the risk where as the only risk employees take is going for a job interview.

you need them without them who would you be working for and where would you get the money for loans credit cards xobxs ps3s cell phones food cloths and evertything else you take for granted.

this thread has become utterly rdiculous.

biggest reason you need the rich is because they are the ones who pay the majority of taxes in this country.

no matter how much the middle class thinks they do they dont.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

who are you to tell what other people should be doing with their money everyone one i know doesnt like to be told what to do with theirs but have no problems taking money out of others peoples wallets.

and i dont trust someone on welfare that claims to be poor that has,xboxs,ps3s,tv,computers, etc

people sure have strange definitions of poor and rich on this site.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

who are you to tell what other people should be doing with their money

Who are they to tell the rest of us what to do with our planet?

The rich deal with nominal variables and abstract concepts.

The rich play with paper and numbers.

The rest of us do the real physical labor that creates their fantasy world.

The rest of us have to live in the environment they have destroyed

They can be "rich" all they want, but we can't let them control our natural resources.

They have proved they can't be trusted.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
It's opinions like yours and that of the OP that remind of why I hate this site. It's like a car accident though. You just can't help but stop and look in disbelief.

Completely off topic but I think keen to the site: You "hate" this site because there is a difference in opinion? A difference in the view upon a situation? Just clarifying...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Jezus

who are you to tell what other people should be doing with their money everyone one i know doesnt like to be told what to do with theirs but have no problems taking money out of others peoples wallets.

Look, it does sound basic but... I don't think you'd understand otherwise.

In all likelihood, you won't be able to afford to build a major highway from somewhere around the place you live to someplace you work. Or any road, for that matter.

How the hell are you going to get from point A to point B, and/or defend this country? I want a specific answer.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by macman

Again, blah blah blah.

Take care of yourself, I will take care of me, and then there is no need for you to take care of me. Easy.

The 'cost' is not to be shared, but owned by the individual.

Again, more worried about your neighbors yard, while yours goes to hell.

So why are you here???

You didn't even read my post or you would not have come back with this response.

Maybe you should find a pirate and sit upon his shoulder.

I am not talking about you or me, got it???

If all the yards in your neighborhood go to hell, your entire property will be worth less, considerably,
you will pay for it. Throw in some hobos, hookers tents, human poop, trash, drugs, crime and incarceration...
you get taxed on top of your taxes.

You know how much one prisioner costs? Did you know they get food and shelter too, for doing bad?

Who pays for that?

You make everything very intricate and detailed, so others may not be able to respond. It is a way of controlling the argument.
If the neighborhood goes to hell, I can move.
Now you throw in prison costs.
Can you stay on one topic, or is engrained to try to overwhelm those that you argue with?

If the neighorhood goes to hell, have fun selling your house. Hopefully your new community will have a job... of course they probably just laid off a couple hundred public employees diluting the labor pool and starving the economy of capital. To some of us "very intricate and detailed" is a way to communicate real world problems that translate into "your problem". To some intricate and detailed is too much to deal with, which is why those people tend to listen to Fox, repeat bumper sticker slogans, and come up with gems like keep your government hands off my Medicare. Society IS detailed and intricate. We've been working on it for thousands of years and haven't even come close. Your "screw you" ideology is the foundation for a system that keeps two thirds or more of the world in poverty, why a taxpayer funded military industrial machine wages war all over the world, dropping bombs on innocent people and installing dictators to secure oil for private corporations, to launder your money into the pockets of defense contractors and force your government to borrow do to it while wall street gives themselves record salaries and bonuses and you foot the bill. These are the people who have perfected the "screw you" ideology. Sorry if that's too intricate and detailed, but that's the real world. You can ignore facts and pretend it's all rainbows and lolipops. You can consume yourself with every second poor person having an Xbox, but trillions are being syphoned into the pockets of people who take "screw you" to sociopathic levels.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
so this thread is basically a long winded excuse to say, "screw the poor, I don't want to pay for social security and medicare ! they have it made !!!!!"

I for one am not into class wars, and I don't want to go back to feudalism

the middle class defines this country

what a lame thread

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join