It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen: Bioelectricity on single tadpole cell forms "face of frog"!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
You must watch the video here at the link to Physorg.

It appears that this single cell gets an "image" of the structure the cell will eventually grow into (frog face) BEFORE it begins growing!!! You can actually see the frog to be's face!

The face of a frog: Time-lapse video reveals never-before-seen bioelectric pattern

For the first time, Tufts University biologists have reported that bioelectrical signals are necessary for normal head and facial formation in an organism and have captured that process in a time-lapse video that reveals never-before-seen patterns of visible bioelectrical signals outlining where eyes, nose, mouth, and other features will appear in an embryonic tadpole.

This is ground breaking, and amazing. Is it the SPIRIT of the frog which "guides" the cells?? Or is it just science? YOU DECIDE!!!!

edit on 19-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I can't really tell what I'm looking at in that video.

And yes, I even read the article.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Cant watch it now, SnF anyway for a very interesting topic, Will watch it in about an hour.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
You must watch the video here at the link to Physorg.

It appears that this single cell gets an "image" of the structure the cell will eventually grow into (frog face) BEFORE it begins growing!!! You can actually see the frog to be's face!

The face of a frog: Time-lapse video reveals never-before-seen bioelectric pattern

For the first time, Tufts University biologists have reported that bioelectrical signals are necessary for normal head and facial formation in an organism and have captured that process in a time-lapse video that reveals never-before-seen patterns of visible bioelectrical signals outlining where eyes, nose, mouth, and other features will appear in an embryonic tadpole.

This is ground breaking, and amazing. Is it the SPIRIT of the frog which "guides" the cells?? Or is it just science? YOU DECIDE!!!!

Why is it the first thing I thought of after reading this is the face on Mars and the face on the moon?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
That is AMAZING! Gonna share this with my scientist hubby

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Wow, really cool to have found this link with bioelectric activity in such a direct way!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Pareodilia?

It is interesting, but I want to see it in another example, say a giraffe or a human or a bird or something, before I believe it is actually "frog face" and not just an image that might accidentally occur on any embryo.

What's more interesting is the fact that they are able to record the bioelectricity. This study might lead to all kinds of interesting things...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

That is freaking incredible!!

For reference, is this what we are looking at?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1254fa90cdea.jpg[/atsimg]

In that case it's resembles more the embryonic stage of a frog but still......weird!!

Peace

Edit to add: that "nose" in my picture would probably be the adhesive gland upon further studying frog anatomy. (could also be the heart though)

Edit to add: replaced the picture with an other one detailing a frog embryo
edit on 19-7-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
So, if I'm right, they are saying that even though the genes/DNA are pre-programmed to make a form, it requires this bioelectrical charge in order to fire off the correct sequence of formation.

"Developmental biologists are used to thinking of sequences in which a gene produces a protein product that in turn ultimately leads to development of an eye or a mouth. But our work suggests that something else – a bioelectrical signal - is required before that can happen. "
www.physorg.com...

Without that 'spark' of life you could just end up with a blob.

This is great news for something that I have recently made a thread on.. You can find the link in my sig.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
I can't really tell what I'm looking at in that video.

And yes, I even read the article.
Same here, don't see anything amazing.

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
That is freaking incredible!!

Edit to add: replaced the picture with an other one detailing a frog embryo
Why is it incredible that a frog embryo looks like a frog embryo? What am I missing?

I'm also wondering if this is some kind of Pareidolia.

Originally posted by newcovenant
Why is it the first thing I thought of after reading this is the face on Mars and the face on the moon?
That's why I mention Pareidolia. The face on Mars is an example of Pareidolia.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I just don't see it. I think this is an example of people just seeing things because the mind likes to make sense of random stuff....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Why is it incredible that a frog embryo looks like a frog embryo? What am I missing?

From what I understand it's that electric pulse that defines where the animals main feature will be placed. We know DNA tells the cells where to form the nose, eyes and ears but this time lapse seems to show that it's that bioelectrical signal that is defining the features before the cells are placed in this formation....

Simply put, the face is there (in electric form) before the face is formed (in cellular form).

Can't break it down any more simplistic.....sorry.

How can you claim this to be pareidolia when you just claimed there is nothing incredible about a frog embryo looking like frog embryo??

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I just don't see it. I think this is an example of people just seeing things because the mind likes to make sense of random stuff....
That's Pareidolia.

That's what this looks like to me.

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
How can you claim this to be pareidolia when you just claimed there is nothing incredible about a frog embryo looking like frog embryo??
When you look at a frog embryo and see a frog embryo, that's not pareidolia, you see what you're looking at.

When you look at a rock on Mars and see a face, and there's no face there, that's pareidolia. You're seeing something that's not really there.

The article makes it sound like people are looking at the frog embryo and seeing something else, like a more mature version of the frog. I'm not seeing it. Hence my thought that it might just be pareidolia.

Actually I think the face on Mars is cooler, I can actually see what people are talking about with that case of pareidolia.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

We are ALL energized from the energized creator of ALL. Nice catch
Now if they figure out that certain electrical currents within the bodies of humans can eliminate diseases if tweeked properly with energy bands or locations where electrical inputs can be adjusted then advancements may occure.
S&F

edit on 7/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

When you look at a frog embryo and see a frog embryo, that's not pareidolia, you see what you're looking at.

When you look at a rock on Mars and see a face, and there's no face there, that's pareidolia. You're seeing something that's not really there.

Lol....thanks for explaining. I thought I knew what pareidolia was......and I did...lol

The article makes it sound like people are looking at the frog embryo and seeing something else, like a more mature version of the frog. I'm not seeing it. Hence my thought that it might just be pareidolia.

Granted. That is indeed an issue with the title of the OP which also fooled me. I was looking at that video expecting to see something resembling Kermit the Frog instead of the embryonic version him.

Actually I think the face on Mars is cooler, I can actually see what people are talking about with that case of pareidolia.

What are you talking about!! That is a landmark left behind by our early space-fairing ancestors........

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
All I would say about this, is that assuming that the bioelectrical signal really DID have something to do with the shape we saw, it would not be a massive shock. One of the things that has always staggered me, is that from plants to mammals, there are re occuring motifs in our construction. Observe for instance the similarity in shape between the lines on the leaf of a plant, the blood vessels in our bodies, and the shape of a grand fork of lightning.

We also know that plant life is not devoid of a level of bioelectric existance, although very much less prevalent than in mammals. We know that the entire function of our brains is as a series of neuro electrical signals, which send instructions around the body via the nerves, themselves little more than conduits for electrical signals, sent, recieved , and interpreted by the brain.

It is something I have long pondered... what if those shapes, the blood vessels, the nervous system... what if these are shaped by more than simple genetics, and are just as much a reaction to electrical stimulus passed through the soup of our raw genes? How much of our birth as people, the creation of a tree, and the way we turn out, can be attributed to the presence of electrical impulses? I find the whole thing fascinating.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

We are ALL energized from the energized creator of ALL. Nice catch
Now if they figure out that certain electrical currents within the bodies of humans can eliminate diseases if tweeked properly with energy bands or locations where electrical inputs can be adjusted then advancements may occure.
S&F

edit on 7/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Perhaps this is where the "Placebo Effect" comes into play? Maybe the placebo effect is when the patient creates a bioelectric field around the body based on the expectation of a cure, and then the body simply does what it is told by that image of that cure?

But in the tadpole, where does this bioelectric "template" come from? Another dimension? The DNA itself? Maybe THAT is what all that "junk DNA" is for?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So you are suggesting that perhaps the junk DNA is in fact a series of genetic combinations which are only active during creation of the life form? Interesting, although one would assume if they had any such function, that there would have been a discovery of such a thing by now ! Interesting though eh?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Oh yeah, it's just a suggestion on my part. But it would be interesting.

On a side note, in Buddhism, it is said that for "conception" to happen there must be a sperm, and egg, AND a spirit desiring reincarnation. I wonder if that "spark" we see is part of that spirit?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

My sentiments exactly.
It appears we're only seeing what we want to see in this cell.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join