It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of the World phone hacking whistleblower found dead

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marker3221
reply to post by Thunda

That is very interesting & unusual. Do you know if the body was removed during the initial visit between 11am - 3pm? Or did they leave the body in place? Which would be incredible if left unguarded.

Can you link the article?

I am suprised that the family were allowed to go into a crime scene (well it should have been a crime scene I don't know if it was classed as one) at all let alone unsupervised... mental!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I hope nobody buys the Sun after this. It's grammar it's appalling.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Good....Let's hope so!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
haha Yates has transcripts of previous select comity meetings he has had in a nifty folder,what a pro.

edit on (19/7/11) by ashwhy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

adamboulton Media speculation down as News Corp CEO. He is also chairman. Bloomberg report worries about his rehearsals
Twitter link for possible murdoch resignation from newscorp
edit on 19-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

I would not be surprised if he done exactly that, to make more of a crisis of this scandal. I do wonder if there is going to be any revelations. Or is this going to be a big waste of time,.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Maybe I've seen to many movies but I am sure that there are people who would like to tell the truth to the world but just can not. One such a person must be Neil Armstrong.

My limited talent for judging characters tells me that Neil Armstrong is a honest, straightforward and no nonsens kind of guy....a person with principals and a good heart. If you'd ask me he is suckered into this whole Apollo moonlanding lie.

Something does just not add up with that first moonlanding and he would like to tell us but can not. He is very aware of the power these people in the top have and probably have promised him that they will distroy every Armstrong generation after him if he would spill the beans. If it was just himself they would kill or distroy, he would not care to sacrifice himself for the truth.

A demonstration of their power must have been the 'accident' of those three austronauts while training procedures in the capsule. Grissom was killed along with fellow astronauts Ed White and Roger Chaffee during a pre-launch test for the Apollo 1 mission. Grissom had not much fate in the Apollo program and rumours are that he considered it impossible with the technology of that time.

The people who step forward and inform the people about what the truth is should be considered true heroes and much appreciated. Unfortunately...depending how deep the rabbit-hole goes....there are no garantees for protection of these couragious people.

Forgive me If I'm a little slow, but when did fake moon landings come into all this?

On topic. I'm watching the enquiry now. I must admit I am deriving some amount of pleasure from watching them squirm. I can't wait for the Murdochs to appear

edit on 19-7-2011 by Bumface Jones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
smackdown on the prepared statement.

You're not playing by your own rules now guys.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
People have been removed from the Select Committee's questioning of Rupert Murdoch and his son, whom asked to read out a statement. He was rebukked

He will how ever be allowed to give a written statement at the end of the questioning.

Oh and protesters were removed from the room although it is meant to be opened to the public.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marker3221
smackdown on the prepared statement.

You're not playing by your own rules now guys.

Here we go

Popcorn ready !

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Murdoch has said this is the most humbling day of his life. Did he no say that to the family of the girl who was killed who's mobile they hacked?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

He's playing the humble old man role, this would be all worked out in rehearsal. Its up to the committee to cut through the BS with tough & pointed questions.
edit on 19-7-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The same sentence threw me exactly woodward, how can thay say its 'not being treated as supicious' considering hes a bloody 'whistleblower' on this whole scandal, and now hes dead, regardless of your problems, its far too convenient hes died at such a vital time & the fact it mentioned he started livivng like a kind of hermit as he was scared 'someone was coming for him' Certainly looks that way, they've come and gone !

The police always use that phrase when they arent going to bother investigating a suspicious death. *Murder.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It is a public enquiry and open to the public, obviously! But a certain amount of respect, dignity and decorum is expected of those present.

Kick up a fuss, and you'll be removed, just as you would from any court and public proceeding.

James Murdoch seems to be a well versed spin doctor. His father Robert hasn't said anything yet. He's just sitting there looking like he's having a hard time controlling his bowels due to senile dementia ...

edit on 19-7-2011 by Bumface Jones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Is it just me... or do i see a very very human, Rupert Murdoch?
edit on 19-7-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thats 3 times Murdoch's son has been rebuked over trying to intervening with the questioning of Rupert.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Rupert is not coming out well.

he's either holding everything back and it looks like it, or just so completely out of touch with what is going on in his own company.

edit to add. I really like the guy questioning Rupert, he's pointed & not willing to relent to James whatsoever.
edit on 19-7-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well, it sounds to me like the "retirement program" at New Corps is about as crappy as the one with the Mafia...
...except that with News Corps you don't get the customary new pair of cement shoes.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Hacking is nothing new to Rupert Murdoch.

I remember a story from years ago when he was trying to establish his satelite tv service in USA. To get rid of the competition he got his buddies in Israel to hack the code for the other companies system then gave the code away for free so that pirates could sell the cards and eventually the competitor went bust thereby leaving him to mop up the customers.

I will try and find a source for that story.

Heres 1

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Paul Krugman has chimed in on this:

...it’s looking as if the Murdoch empire is more evil than you could possibly imagine, even when you take into account the fact that it’s more evil than you can possibly imagine.

For once I actually agree with something Krugman says.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join