It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen hammers parents to death and then has a party

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
That's what his parents get for not playing Mafia Wars with him on Facebook. Let this be a warning to all you invite rejecting parents out there!!!

On a serious note...I wonder if he got hammered at the party.

No really, seriously this time...that 17 yr old kid is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by newcovenant

I blame video games.

Isn't that an interesting position to take? Thanks for your thoughtful and well written reply. It belies a masterful education and a natural ability to convey meaningful thoughts and ideas and participate in a community discussion. Well played young friend, well played. I am going to sleep on all this you have contributed here and get back to you after I have mulled it around awhile longer. Keep churning out those insightful and thought provoking replies. It is contributions like yours that keep the whole web-site going. Bravo!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
That's what his parents get for not playing Mafia Wars with him on Facebook. Let this be a warning to all you invite rejecting parents out there!!!

On a serious note...I wonder if he got hammered at the party.

No really, seriously this time...that 17 yr old kid is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Is he really?

I guess you would know.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I guess "sign of the times" is supposed to mean maybe all those studies connecting violence on television and video games acting to desensitize SOME susceptible youth to commit the violence lessening the impact import or consequences of those acts by seeing them everyday in video games and on TV or movies like SAW ...are right.

Oh come on now. You can't be serious. Video games don't make anyone become violent in real life. I had hoped people had smartened up enough by now that they didn't actually believe that nonsense. The kid is just insane.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

I know what the saying signs of the times mean. I wasn't saying that.... I was saying how is an extreme minority of violent teens/mental illnesses a sign of anything?

It's been here forever.

Do you mind me asking how old you are. Just curious as to how long "forever" is to you because I remember when this type of thing was so rare as to ...well it almost never happened. Never happened. (And mothers didn't kill their own kids either) I mean it wasn't a regular occurrence. It might have happened but it was not on the news at least once a year regular anyway...This is the second family in a year just in this area.
edit on 19-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

How clever of you to sneak in the "it takes one to know one" cliche. I prefer fruity pebbles myself.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave0davidson

I guess "sign of the times" is supposed to mean maybe all those studies connecting violence on television and video games acting to desensitize SOME susceptible youth to commit the violence lessening the impact import or consequences of those acts by seeing them everyday in video games and on TV or movies like SAW ...are right.

Oh come on now. You can't be serious. Video games don't make anyone become violent in real life. I had hoped people had smartened up enough by now that they didn't actually believe that nonsense. The kid is just insane.

Nobody said video games make people kill people.
Why do people keep trying to simplify it like that?

There are many mitigating factors I am sure. You better be sure of it too.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

How clever of you to sneak in the "it takes one to know one" cliche. I prefer fruity pebbles myself.

My cleverness or yours for that matter is not the topic of the thread. If you want some attention I might make a few suggestions as to what you can do to get it. This is a serious topic, there are two dead people involved. I think we should prolly hold the jokes.

edit on 19-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
That is just a crazy kid, not a sign of the times. A serial killer in the work. My parents have had their a-hole moments (most of which i brought on myself lol), but I never thought of killing them. That is a horrifying thing to do to ones parents. But he is not the first nor will he be the last psychopath, some peoples brains are just wired to do demented and bad things.

Terrible story but good post OP.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndisNigh

More like a sign of bad parenting.

How do you know this?
I mean it is possible, but how do you know it to say it is true.
What are you basing it on? The fact that the neighbors said they never had a problem with their son?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
It's a sign of this boys insanity if nothing else.

Wait till he turns 18 and put him to sleep. Sounds harsh...but that's the way I feel.

amen to that

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Mental Illness, Abuse, CIA asset program being tested??

LOL!!

How about he is just a KILLER, plain and simple

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowseriously
WHY do we, as a society, feel compelled to post articles such as this? No disrespect intended to the OP, but I know how it makes me feel when I read things like this, so I'm sure that others feel the same way.

Isn't it sort of like working in an office when that employee, that everyone knows should have stayed home, comes to work to spread their cold or flu?

I can understand wanting to share stories with others, but what good does it do to share such grief?

I realize that I have a choice to read the post or not, but even reading the headline makes my soul hurt a little.

Please, I do hope the OP does not take offense.

your post interests me. i raised a similar query on a mostly fun news / coupon site many years ago; about some truly horrid story with fire & death. i posed the question about reading the post, carefully wording it, because i was really puzzled as to why the commentators would want to read about such a gruesome thing. OMG, did i get attacked by the soccer mom crowd that lingered there. responses were highly defensive and outright nasty. a fellow i know mis-uses the phrase 'normalcy bias' to describe this mindset, but normalcy bias has to do with emergency response thinking mindset.

we in America are very conditioned & programmed to be fed the worst of news from our media. this standard of practice does apply to all countries around the globe. IMHO its part of the control by the true string-pullers hidden from our view. keep people depressed, keep people in fear, make the masses mentally unbalanced.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
dude had mental issue

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic

The gamers who grew up playing super mario and sonic grew up and want something that appeals to them as adults.

That's an interesting thing to say. I didn't realize the desire to play violent video games was a part of the maturation process.

It's too bad most people respond with the same knee-jerk "video games are not to blame!" reaction without even questioning the extent to which rampant hardcore media violence can affect a society as a whole. Imo, an ideal (but still realistic) civilized society would NOT be one in which senseless violence is promoted and actually encouraged and passed off as 'entertainment'. I think it's so sickening. People are too quick to brush off such media as "just entertainment". I don't think they realize how powerful and influential the media is. The media can actually set standards of normalcy. It seems most people are naive about how they themselves can be affected, at least on a subconscious level, by what kind of media they surround themselves with.

People always say it's the responsibility of the parents to monitor what their children are exposed to, yet they don't hold the people responsible for the filth they produce and promote to the public. All adults should be held responsible for what they contribute to society. You can go out of your way to make sure your children aren't exposed to certain things by getting rid of cable and monitoring internet usage for example, but what about exposure at school or while going to a friend's house? You can't just keep them from having friends. Sadly, the only way for your children to be free from exposure of barbaric, immoral behavior from "adults" would be to move to some deserted island. The current generation of adults as a whole have set the stage for the upcoming generations, and there will certainly be no progress in civility.

Another thing I'd like to point out is how adults will tell their children that they're "too young" to watch a violent movie or play a violent video game...as if exposure to violence is some sort of stepping stone to adulthood. Yes, there is the fact that children and young teens are more impressionable. However, when parents deny this exposure to their children, I don't think the main concern going through the parent's head is "they could try to emulate murderous behavior". It seems the primary concern is that the children will be traumatized by the graphic depictions. Now, I really don't see what age has to do with sensitivity to violence. It's the amount of exposure to violence that determines the sensitivity level. Yes, some people may be more innately sensitive to such things but that's irrelevent to my point. I was never allowed to watch movies with graphic violence growing up, but I think I was about 12 when I first saw a graphic depiction of violence in a movie. I was very disturbed by this and it made me feel physically ill. I could be 40 years old and have the same reaction if I have never been exposed to such a thing. After being exposed to numerous depictions of violence, I still feel somewhat disturbed but not to the extent that it evokes a physically ill sensation. So, yes, desensitization to does occur.

This video explains how violence on TV can increase aggressive behavior (skip to about 1:05):

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
As sick as these kinds of acts make me. I do believe there is more to this boys story regarding his relationship to his parents then what has not been said. I would love to get a one on one interview with this kid. Of course he is insane meaning he is not right in the head and off balance, but what took him there???? Sad but Interesting Story OP!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

He should be shot on sight like a mad dog. I don't give a toss wether this was du to meds, MK-Ultra or just insane in the membrain. Some people are so FUBAR they're not worth wasting neither money nor time on.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I mentioned violent games and movies....but THIS is what worry about. Now kids can watch REAL murder, and videos of animal torture etc. I hate to even talk about them, but unless I do, some people just don't get it. They shoot back "Parents should monitor kids" or "Video games never hurt me"....But what about that COMBINED with this other garbage? No, not actors portraying violence in a movie, but videos of REAL murder and torture.. I studied this subject in Psych and Abnormal Psych, and I can tell you that this new trend of real murder and torture as entertainment ABSOLUTELY does affect the mind. I'm not saying that these things were the reason this kid killed his parents....I'm saying things like this can be a catalyst for someone who already has some mental instability.
Some people might not like hearing about these things, but we better start paying attention because this is what kids are seeing. All of this has been on youtube...where kids spend a lot of time. Here are just a few that I know of......(WARNING...This is VERY sick and hard to hear about. but like I said, if kids are watching it, I think we need to know what they are seeing)

1. 3 guys and a hammer (a REAL unbelievably gruesome murder that was videotaped and put on the internet) Oh....and this murder is only one of over 20 murders these psychos recorded, not counting all their animal murders.

2. Video of boy putting a small kitten in a plastic bag and then attaching a vacuum hose to suck out the air, as he "enjoys" watching the kitten suffocate slowly.

3. 2 grown men place a cat in a very small hamster cage (so it cannot move. They pour gasoline all over the cat and cage....and laugh as the light it and listen to the terrified cat's screams as it burns alive.

4.Some FREAK in Spain puts out a 25 minute video of himself torturing 3 small puppies...choking, stomping. burning and slamming them into a concrete floor.

5. A VERY sick type of fetish videos...."crush" videos, where scantily clad women crush small animals with their stiletto heels and various other ways.

6. On "liveleak" there is a video of drug dealers cutting off an informer's head with a huge butcher knife...close up and nothing edited.

These animal torture/ killing videos are everywhere. The animal protection group I belong to documents these things and tries to track down the people making these videos.....and that's why I had to see this . It is something that affected me so bad, I have nightmares still to this day. I hate to even talk about these things, but people need to know what is going on, what kids are seeing. I KNOW this affects the mind. Like I said, I am not saying this kid was influenced by this because I have no way of knowing that....but this kind of thing can and DOES change people....and you can be the best parent in the world, but how do you stop this? You can't. They can stumble on it by accident, or seek it out because their friends talk about it etc. I'm sorry to have to say all this, but it does no good to wear blinders...the kids don't.
edit on 7/19/2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

edit on 7/19/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I know! It scares me because it's murder for entertainment....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What's wrong with people in USA?

When i lived there,50 years ago,it was nice and people was nice and everything was nice...

And then something happened to people in USA....

But i don't know what's going on with USA and americans

I think i have never seen this much violence in one country....

Something is wrong with people in USA...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join