It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen hammers parents to death and then has a party

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

edit on 19-7-2011 by aero56 because: changed my mind

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"Lizzie Borden took an axe
And gave her father forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done
She gave her mother forty-one."

No TV or video games in 1892.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thats a very sick and sad story.

I dont even know what to think of it...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
Murder is a way of life it seems. You got monkeys who kill other monkeys, ant's that attack and kill other ant nest's. Killer whales.. Even that piece of chicken your eating was murdered. The plant that was grown and killed so you could have that cup of coffee.. The list goes on people....

Unless you live in a culture that doesn't believe in it.
Perhaps something on a higher spiritual plane?
I'll bet it's nice there.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Absolutely lol

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
he wont be the first, he wont be the last. i blame the mainstream media and mtv.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why must it always be Florida....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You ask "is this the sign of the times?"

No, its not. There have been much more gruesome crimes in history (Dahmer, Bundy, Gein, Chikatilo, Jewish Holocaust, Stalin's reign of terror, Mao's terror, 9/11, Suicide bombings in Israel, Murders in Palestine, Bombings and beheadings in Iraq, stoning of women in Middle East, rape of children by Priests, Lizzy Borden, ETC.

I guess my point is No. Its just another looney kid who murdered the ones who spawned his ass. Another murder, another day.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I know! It scares me because it's murder for entertainment....

I don't see that it is any different than a snuff film...without the sex.
It is televised execution, and one day they'll probably be legal and prime time, since some psychological think tank will find it does not affect the viewer at all except perhaps to make us more grateful for our own relatively improved situation.

No... No they won't. Because that's stupid. You're building more strawmen slipping down slopes which don't exist. You're undercutting your own argument and you're undercutting the possibility of rational discourse.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
POLICE: Port St. Lucie teen hacked parents to death, threw party

Read more: www.cbs12.com...

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Police say a teen "brutally and mercilessly" hacked his parents to death with a hammer and then threw a house party via Facebook invites while their bodies remained in a locked bedroom. Port St. Lucie police were dispatched to 371 NE Grandeur Ave. at 4:20 a.m. Sunday on a tip that the 17-year-old had murdered his parents and the bodies remained inside the house.
Police arrived and were greeted by a "nervous and panicky" Tyler Hadley, 17, and evidence of a house party. Behind the locked master-bedroom door were the bodies of Blake, 54, and Mary-Jo Hadley, 47, Tyler's parents. The bodies were partially buried under household items with a hammer between the two bodies.
Police say the bodies were only partially hidden under linens, books, picture frames and towels.

What can be said about this gruesome horrible act? A 17 year old boy, a recent high school drop out. His parents worked for the local nuclear power plant. The kid recruited people for his party on facebook and the party goers did not know his parents lay murdered in a locked bedroom. Is this a sign of the times? I wonder if he was on or recently taken off anti-depressants?
edit on 18-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

Sign of the times, sign of the times. And stuff like this and more will become the new norm.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i have a hard time believing any story except that this kid threw a huge tantrum and killed his parents in the heat of the moment, realising what he had done it seems he jumped right into his new "im a gangster MO", its absolutely pathetic, as much as it scares me it makes me angry that a boy who should be a man protecting his family turned and betrayed them for the promise of ab-so-lu-te-ly nothing. he deserves life, good luck to him with that rap sheet he better get thrown into solitary for life.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Tyler Hadley was arrested and charged with counts of 1st degree murder and is being heldwithout bond. Police say he will be charged as an adult. Police say Tyler Hadley dropped out of classes at St. Lucie West Centennial High School and had apparently attempted diploma completion programs at two other schools.

Why waste tax payers money on this one? Let him rot. This story sickens me.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Seems to me this kid has much in common with many members; I am not saying they/you would kill your parents but don't lie, you relate. It also occurs to me that this is the kind of thing that TV, Movies and Games have been brainwashing this generation towards with all the desensitizing of violence and blood and screw tomorrow we are doomed kind of attitudes....tattoos in my opinion are a form of self loathing as well and my bet is some members would slash my tires just to prove it. When all of this has come to a head and the killing really starts, I wonder how tough this generation will prove to be...my bet is NOT.

edit on 19-7-2011 by MajorKarma because: typos

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's been said before, though not by me. And there's yet to be an answer to it.

How, exactly, is this a sign of the times? What evidence do you have that this case is not a tragic outlier? How many kids show tendencies any more violent than kids in previous generations? Do you have statistics? Do you have at least an overwhelming volume of factual anecdotes, without a matching number of anecdotes in opposition*? Or do you just have these 5 or 6 outliers, horrifying, but not conclusively demonstrating anything outside of themselves?

* These oppositional anecdotes, by the way, would mostly consist of "that 17-year-old didn't murder me." Which is a thing that does happen every day.

Give us some proof that this is a sign of the times if you want us to be wary. Don't simply fear monger.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

After graduating I found at during College in the Fall that when her mother passed her father & brother blamed her for it...she was being mentally & physically abused, raped, & who knows what on a continuous basis. I couldn't believe no one stepped in while we were in high school to help her. That fall she killed her father & brother, stabbed them over 135 times with 7 different knives. Such a shame...they drove her to it....

Ektar this is very sad that a person can be driven to that limit, but this boy had a party after killing his parents. They were dead locked in a bedroom! That just seems cold-blooded to me, not like he was driven to it. Just an extreme tantrum of a mentally ill individual.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The thing that worries me when I read about these terrible events, and then read through this thread, is this: It's like I watch half the world sinking to the lowest common denominator - and that allways turns out to be the level of the purpertrator of these hideious crimes.

We see calls for murdering the murderer, or imprisonment in draconian, torcherous conditions. We have to read through reccomendations of extreemly evil treatment to be dolled out to the wicked assailant. Where does this stop? Rape all the rapists, steal from the robbers - an eye for an eye........ This is wrong, and shows why these stories are so very important. Because of what it turns us into, a so called intelligent internet community. And also because it shows us up. We so quickly react with calls of violence. I don't, I react with calls for love. What drives a kid to be this way? If we learn from these events we help him and society, if we heap violence upon violence we feed the very problem we are trying to escape from.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

We so quickly react with calls of violence. I don't, I react with calls for love. What drives a kid to be this way? If we learn from these events we help him and society, if we heap violence upon violence we feed the very problem we are trying to escape from

You have a point, I admit that I myself responded quickly without thought as i was so sickened by the fact that people who are supposed to love each other can do this to each other.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
<sarcasm> I blame The Beatles for causing this... </sarcasm>

But yeah, that's a pretty messed up thing to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Naw...not in shock. I just have a dark sense of humor. Of course this is a horrifying tragedy...but I think there's a few things to consider.1. Humor is often meant to lighten up a dark situation, and remove tension from a tragic event....(this was my intent here). 2. it's a random act of violence by someone who is either pure evil, or who has mental problems.....We've always had people with mental problems, and we've always had people who are evil. So the story is not exactly representative of something that shall effect Society at large. It's just another random act of violence by a randomly violent individual. 3. My joke neither made fun of the person who committed the crime, nor did it poke fun at the victims of the crime....rather it was situational humor where I placed myself in the situation of being a teenager trying to find a secluded spot with which to 'make out' with some young girl (something anyone who went to parties in High School would be familiar with, I imagine) .....So I don't see it as directly aimed at anyone involved. Was it insensitive? Perhaps...but it was not malicious in anyway. Was it funny? Eh, probably not, since I didn't notice a whole slew of stars attached to my post...but hey, Sometimes you get a hit, and sometimes you don't.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Just from reading.. sounds like a plan that he couldn't go through with..

Step 1. Kill parents.

Step 2. Invite a mass amount of people over.

Step 3. Try and find a way to put the blame on a person at the party.

Eh.. I don't know just a thought. Pretty sadistic though.. I wonder what those party people were thinking once they found out they were partying with a murderer with dead bodies upstairs... I'd be pretty freaked out..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join