It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunkers Take It In The Teeth Again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well, I would have to comment on the fact of the 'tunnel vision' looking through a telescope. Sure you can focus and see very far away(albeit in a small field of view), you could easily miss anything else going on around the horizon. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Cheers for the response! Well said, totally agree with you.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I am a keen astronomer, I go to large events with lots of other astronomers. I post on astronomy forums. I waste vast sums of money buying equipment, taking photos etc.

I can honestly say that never at any meets, on any UFO forums has the subject of UFOs come up and of all the millions of photos we have taken of the night sky, not one of us has shot an alien craft.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

Thanks for the response! Agreed.

Cheers, he is one of my favorites, MAKE IT RAIN!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Wow, some guy with some credentials just blurted something out and a load of people are ready to take iot as evidence. Don't watch infomercials guys, you'll empty your bank accounts.

Seriously, some guy with initials attached to his name saying stuff isn't how scientific scrutiny is conducted. If he's seen these so many times why not more documentation, why are more people not coming forward with evidence? Nevermind changing the world, or revealing things about the universe; a discovery like this could do wonders for a scientists career, yet somehow no strong evidence has ever been rpesented and stood up to scientific scrutiny, why?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
has this guys findings been peer reviewed ?
i think this is required these days to gain credibility

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I agree, if this astronomer is seeing UFO's that he claims are Alien space craft, then where's the photos or the video footage? He has no proof that they are of Alien origin, as they could so easily be man made exotic craft that are being tested by governments on Earth.

He's now claiming that UFO's sighting will increase in 2011 & 2012. It's so obvious that this man has no evidence to back up his claims, he's simply stating his own belief and that's all it is.

www.ufo-blogger.com...

After 39 years studying UFOs, Professor Wang concludes that most reports have been hoaxes. The objects spotted were mostly missiles, satellites and meteors. Yet, he admits a few cases still can't be explained, and these could be actual encounters with alien intelligence.

edit on 19-7-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Who the hell is still debunking UFOs ? Are you insane, believing a chinese lantern in our airspace ? Too many people have seen too much.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Interesting comment from a sane astronomer. Doesn's surprise me, but had missed it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention (again).

For those new to the debunking game, I recommend John B. Alexander's new book "UFOs - Myths, conspiracies and realities".

It goes through the most big profile alleged UFO incidents and separates the wheat from the chaff using a lot of first hand knowledge, corroborated witness testimonies, special understanding of how the alphabet soup agencies in US work and plain old probabilistic logic.

While it may not appeal to those with the largest amount of tinfoil on their forehead, it is a very sane account of many of the UFO stories. I've also Mr. Alexander personally and he seems a genuine person and very, very pragmatical and sane. Something which cannot be said of many people in the field, I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirCoxone
I am a keen astronomer, I go to large events with lots of other astronomers. I post on astronomy forums. I waste vast sums of money buying equipment, taking photos etc.

I can honestly say that never at any meets, on any UFO forums has the subject of UFOs come up and of all the millions of photos we have taken of the night sky, not one of us has shot an alien craft.

Its called being in the right place at the right time! fate is a funny thing and very rarely will an astronomer pick up on one, if they ever do then its a chance in a million because your perspective view is very limited and only focused on one main subject/visual perspective of a single object.

I no you guys take a full perspective view sometimes but if theres an object traveling at a high speed then no doubt you will miss it.

Anyway most ufo sightings are mainly close proximity or in our atmosphere.
edit on 19/7/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doron
Meh, just more verbal diarrhea without any evidence. Stop talking and give us some good footage of these supposed UFO's.

'Debunkers take in the teeth again' my A$$.

If you do not believe that UFOs are a real phenomenon, then what are you doing on this thread?

Looking for a good picture? Search the Internet and you will find lots of good and quality pictures ...

And this is a great news.

Since this comes from a professional astronomer, who has quite the experience, I totally believe him.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doron
Meh, just more verbal diarrhea without any evidence. Stop talking and give us some good footage of these supposed UFO's.

'Debunkers take in the teeth again' my A$$.

What classes as good evidence though? I've only been a member here since March, but I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing that will be considered acceptable evidence on here.

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Anyway most ufo sightings are mainly close proximity or in our atmosphere.
edit on 19/7/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

Yeah but to get to our atmosphere they have to come from somewhere!

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Who the hell is still debunking UFOs ? Are you insane, believing a chinese lantern in our airspace ? Too many people have seen too much.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

You still have to try and debunk stuff in order to seperate the hoaxes, lanterns and clouds from the genuine unidentifed.
edit on 19/7/11 by DJKris because: Added more

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Last I heard you dont need any kind of degree to open your eyes and look up. The man saw what he saw. Neither you nor he know exactly what that was but he did see something.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Doron

Let me guess... Seeing is believing... Right?

How about you find some evidence that is proof they aren't real... from a creditable source that is...

Good luck because no matter if it landed in front of your face you would still deny it.

Maybe you need to shake their hands and get probed...

Then maybe?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Pathaka

You mean the disinfo agent (retired US Army) and leading advocate for the development of non-lethal weapons?

JEDI WARRIORS!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=948BW7irLCw

John Alexander = Disinformation 101. Gheez, over a 12 minute interview with this assclown and he said absolutely NOTHING! ...

excuse me one second...

sorry I had to get that out...

edit on 19-7-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I do believe aliens mite have influenced this planet some how many many hundreds and thousands of years ago. And I do believe there's intelligent life some where in this vast universe...

My hope and fantasies stop right their.

But now.??? This century and the previous??? We have no proof. Just theories. Big difference. We all assume a UFO has to be connected to aliens. Which we continue to do because of how our brian-washed minds actually function. Thanks to hollywood,thank you wanna-be druids...We have to accept that if there was aliens visiting earth (currently)we would never know and shouldn't be aloud either. That's the core problem here. I don't care how many PH D's you have in science or if you were the previous NASA director . Your verbal accounts don't mean SH#T. And all these videos and picture are just as bogus. Do you know why??? Cause they can be manipulated.

The only way an actual UFO account is credible(all of you please listen very carefully): is if a whole city saw exactly the same thing. Not some town in Alaska or Siberia. But a viable booming city. And even then one could inject doubt.. All you UFO fanatics are basing your hope on man made videos,pictures and eye witness accounts. All three suck as credible evidence . Especially when the other party is trying to discredit you with trillions in the bank as back-up..

You can't win with that approach. Your pedestal will be stagnet labeled as a wacko. Maybe you all don't care ,but your audience will always be few.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The UFO debate is a great example of selective cognition.

Who are you?

What do you want?

If you are seeking 'proof', you find it, whatever your personal beliefs may be.

We won't know the 'truth' until both sides of the debate get totally honest, with themselves and others.

There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that these are alien Buicks, but saying that they do not exist is also ridiculous.

Until we decide to have an open, honest discussion, the stalemate shall continue.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Sorry but an article on ufodigest cannot be used as evidence that debunkers are taking it in the teeth...

non sequitur

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

WHAT EVIDENCE?????

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
If such sightings were a common occurrence, out of the thousands of professional and amateur astronomers that watch the sky ever single night in every part of the globe, you would expect there would be more, a lot more.

Not necessarily... besides don't people come out all the time and then get criticized and debunked right away?

So that means we must throw common sense, logic and facts out the window?

No but we should all strive to .. wait for it... "Deny Ignorance".

Special pleading. Unable to find the evidence he wants, the author invents a conspiracy he has no evidence for to explain this lack of evidence. Instead of fitting the theory to the evidence, he is trying to fit the evidence to the theory.

It's obvious this answer was a cop out. The article never went into detail of what he knows, and what he doesn't.. he simply made a statement.

Originally posted by WingedBullHis degree does not back up his claims. He needs facts and evidence to support his claims.

Again.. we only know what the article tells us. I am guilty of believinng someone who has done more than me, reguardless if it's the real thing or a wet lab.. it's experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join