It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunkers Take It In The Teeth Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article, and a great title, although I didn't write it.

One of the favorite trills of the debunkers' flute is, "If there are all these UFOs up there, why haven't any professional astronomers reported seeing them?"

Wang Sichao is a professional astronomer at Purple Hills Observatory of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. With 39 years of experience, he is someone we should take very seriously.

Wang said that UFOs have appeared many times in the terrestrial space at an altitude of between 130 kilometers (80 miles) to 1,500 kilometers (932 miles). He said they have been observed to fly at speeds much slower than "the first cosmic velocity", some as slow as .29kilometers per second.(317.1 yards/sec or 216 mph). Wang said they are able to do this for more than 25 minutes, meaning they have anti-gravity capabilities. If they did not have anti-gravity capabilities, they could not stay in their positions at that speed, and would be dragged earthward by gravity.
www.ufodigest.com...

He may be one of the first to come out and confirm something of this nature and I think we can put a lot of stock into what he is saying, based on his credentials. Hopefully other astronomers will follow his lead.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It seems this may have been posted a while ago, apologies, I realized once I searched 'Wang Sichao'.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Still good to bring it up again! i would have never known.

Thats really interesting too
, woot for debunkers taking one!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Who cares if it was already posted..how much speculation, wild predictions, trolling, etc. goes up on these boards?
I say something credible could use a second thread, if only for exposure. Star and Flag OP.

I would like to hear a call to disclosure from other 'credible' astronomers.
Someone back up Mr. Wang!

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Meh, just more verbal diarrhea without any evidence. Stop talking and give us some good footage of these supposed UFO's.

'Debunkers take in the teeth again' my A$$.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Which debunkers have said this statement?

I've never heard any of them use that and I certainly haven't.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Yeah this isn't anything new...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The astronomer credited for discovering Pluto, Clyde Tombaugh, is the first name that comes to my mind on astronomers who have reported seeing UFOs. Tombaugh's first UFO sighting happened sixty-one years ago and he saw and reported on more in subsequent years.

Although I do not often read skeptics making this argument. I really only see it happen here on rare occasions.

Skeptics know people, including astronomers, report on UFOs. They just reject extraterrestrial hypothesis outright and that isn't going to change.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I should believe someone named WANG.

Thanks, but no thanks.....I will pass

Although I agree, the name is funny, if you're serious about not taking Mr. Wang seriously...well then...tisk tisk

And to the OP, it's all good if this was posted already. As someone already posted, I would t have known about this if you didn't post it
edit on 18-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
The astronomer credited for discovering Pluto, Clyde Tombaugh, is the first name that comes to my mind on astronomers who have reported seeing UFOs. Tombaugh's first UFO sighting happened sixty-one years ago and he saw and reported on more in subsequent years.

Although I do not often read skeptics making this argument. I really only see it happen here on rare occasions.

Skeptics know people, including astronomers, report on UFOs. They just reject extraterrestrial hypothesis outright and that isn't going to change.

I have looked through this very telescope many many times that him and his predecessor Lowell used to find Pluto. The actual observatory is very tiny but it's really really cool.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
And Yes, Its Professor Wang, thankyou very much!!!

I thought this was interesting from the French......... UFOs arent UFOs
They are VERY much Identified....as......They are all Using technology Far Ahead of Us.

Fair enough analogy.

The illegal overflights which they have been guilty of conducting could constitute a casus belli [cause for war].” The Sigma/3AF experts go on to state that, “the above features suggest that in many cases the devices detected, far from being unidentified, are easily recognizable by the aerial defense agencies as part of a technology far ahead of ours.” And later: “We have been unable to get any serious indication as to the origin of the aerospace phenomena that is the subject of our research. The technological elements that we selected… allow us to draw some assumptions about the aircraft in question, which do not seem to belong to an identifiable terrestrial technology at the times when they were observed.”

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Flippant racism and xenophobia....nice one buddy

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Very good points!

I guess they have identified their origin as being unidentified...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Doron

Here we have some VERY CREDIBLE testimony from a HIGHLY QUALIFIED Chinese astronomer.

Verbal Diarrhea? It is not up to this man to disclose to the world the existence of UFO's, it is up to the governments, but he is still trying. It's people like you who would still deny it if they landed on the white house lawn.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Thanks for the response! I also agree.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

why does he not offer a single peice of photographic or videography evidence ?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

He's not doing a presentation on UFO's, he was asked about them, and that's what he said.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
He certainly seems legit. A quick googly scholar search gave me these for starters:

The prediction of impact of comet SL9 on Jupiter

A possible satellite of 9 Metis

Metal-troilite-magnetite assemblage in shock veins of Sixiangkou meteorite

Phase relations of high albedo asteroids: The unusual opposition brightening of 44 Nysa and 64 Angelina

So seems there is a planetary scientist/astronomer called Wang Sichao, but a search for anything regarding his comments on UFO's just comes back with less than scientific type sites. I'd have thought there would be some mention of him by other astronomers, even if it was just to tear him a new one...

I've also looked at the Purple Mountain Observatory site and can't find any mention of the fella

Purple Mountain Observatory CAS

ETA: Although his comments are featured on the CAS website:

Academician: Aliens Exist, but also Have Weaknesses

edit on 18-7-2011 by lazernation because: ETA

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The sad truth of the matter is that ..

You get people asking for proof about all of this stuff from video's showing crisp images of a UFO.. thing is, even if it were legit you'd never know the difference between it and some fancy after effects video...

A lot of the core believers in UFO's don't have any faith in NASA and anything that they release.

I guess it's understandable as they are a government associated organisation.. and well.. all governments are full of people who professionally lie day in - day out... That being said, one of NASA's goals is to find proof of other life forms..

I'm not so sure why an organisation with that goal in mind would really gain much by covering up all these UFO sightings.. I mean if they found one, the entire country would jump on board and support the research into how it works, who the alien life forms are that built it etc.. so we could learn and obtain a lot of valuable technology from them

So basically they would get a MASSIVE budget allowance if they could confirm such a thing.

On the other hand, if they did discover something like that, they would be better to keep it hush hush from the other nations and research / develop technology from the alien life form / ship.so they would have the upper hand AND then they would have all the money they ever need as they would be the top dogs etc etc.. probably more selfish and less noble but more true to what we have seen mankind do in the past..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join