It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie Stargate is proof TPTB have been lying to us all along.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You guys should investigate the origins of "Stargate".
A student of Egyptology named Omar Zuhdi was the 1st person to discover it... look it up!
The real important question is, did Omar discovered some ancient texts in his study?
Or did he translated it from some where? What was his inspiration?
Would love to talk about this with Omar Zuhdi.

"Omar Zuhdi has had a passion for ancient Egypt since he was a teenager. He completed a Masters Degree in Egyptology at Johns Hopkins University, where he taught Beginning Egyptian. He is presently teaching Latin and Ancient History at Shawnee High School, Shawnee, Oklahoma."

Is anyone interested and near that place? You should go there and have a chat with this professor, i would.
edit on 19-7-2011 by p4rs3C because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherBear

Interesting, a grey...

Did you put that together?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Fisherr

You have to be joking. This rock is over 4000 years old. Even what was on there is barely visible. You expect a whole image of a detailed being to survive?

Actually the rock itself could be millions of years old...BUT it was supposedly cut a few thousand years ago..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

True, but all the more, the idea of an alien face surviving it while letters dissolve away, no.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by awareness10

"However, could it be that People are simply Creating it all as we go along
like the quote, "what you think about you bring about", how much is subliminal
suggestion helping in creating our Reality without over half of us realizing this?"

I often wondered this.I also wonder if the television was created to make us think a certain way thereby creating the specific time known as now?

When you glamorize sex,drugs and violence on tv then all you'll get from society is sex,drugs and violence!

Yes, televiSION
and all the rubbish that goes along with it all, actually has always turned me off i've never felt a part of this system ever. In fact it's like we're all being subliminally seduced into something that is completely unfamiliar to us or rather, unnatural from who we are. If that makes sense.. I really wouldnt mind creating a thread on word play, its amazing how much is hidden when you look for it!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherBear

Hey look, it's signals

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
reply to post by Signals

Check out the new TNT promo ADDs. They feature a stargate in the desert.

Also, basically every movie is proof. Just have to read between the lines and know what youre looking for.

Every movie is proof, you just have to read between the lines and know what your looking for... WTF? Is that a joke? That's almost as bad as coincidences never happen. Movies as a whole are proof of nothing. I'm sure some event will happen 50 years from now and you can look back at some movie during the span and say wow, they sure nailed that one, must be a conspiracy. Coincidences happen all the time. I swear some folks are overly paranoid.

To the OP, you lost your credibility when you said 100% proof. You offer no proof. And you have evidence which doesn't support your claim. Twisting evidence to support your own personal belief makes your theory and the process you came up with it defective.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

I agree with you. The movies are where people will find truth. Some movies tell what is happening if people put the puzzle together.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
what a way to wake up this morning: QUOTE: The movies are where people will find truth. Some movies tell what is happening if people put the puzzle together.
So we are to believe that New York is a walled off prison because it was in a movie. Talking dog's because it was in a movie. Oh Please.
Movies are extensions of the writers/directors/producers imaginations. sure they may touch on a few points that could be stretched by someone with little progression to adulthood. But that's about all.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As a student of film, someone who has made short films, and someone who writes screenplays and has worked in theater, I can tell you this...the person who wrote Stargate obviously researched Egyptology and wrote it in. It makes for a good story, the same that National Treasure and The DaVinci Code did.

You should be applauding that screenwriter for taking the time to research the subject matter. But as far as symbolism goes, anyone can say a symbol means something to them and present it as though a whole culture believed it.

Take for instance our Statue of Liberty. While it means one thing to people who were born in the United States, it means a different kind of liberty and freedom to immigrants, especially those who are political refugees. But the Statue of Liberty was a gift from a French man who admired the United States for becoming independent, but that independence was from a country thousands of miles away while the French merely became independent from their monarchy within the same geographical boundary. We might say the Venus of Willendorf was a fertility symbol to the ancient people who carried it, we cannot say for certain that it is.

I think we should look at Hollywood movies for what they are, merely stories told on film. The screenwriter of Stargate was clever and did research. That made the story authentic to the audience. I mean, it would not have been authentic to have a character that was an Egyptologist that knew nothing about ancient Egypt.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

You are right. Movies, unless they are government propaganda, are merely stories told on film. The screenwriter of Stargate did research into Egyptology and wrote a clever movie. That is all.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If you want the truth on this artifact please read my blog post on Quantum Physics. It will enlighten you.
quantumsize.me...

I hope you enjoy it
Brian

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I have nothing I need to prove to anyone, least of all, here, or to you. Disregard me, my threads and posts...and I you as well. Its all good, you know?
Peace, Lazlo

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

Grow up

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Credibility? Are you kidding me? I've proved lots of stuff in my threads...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I have no clue what you are on about and I am sure this will get deleted, but this is all I remeber from that God-awful movie:

A Mildly "brain defecient" guy is running and gets wasted in slow mo...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That was one of two movies in my life where I asked for my money back - the other was Jaws 3-d...lol...

CJ
edit on 20-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

As someone who has the same background I ask you, seriously? Apparently this is what goes for research??

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Grow up? And you have the cartoon avatar?

I grew up in the 60's and 70's...rec'vd degrees and matured in the 80's and 90's... and settled into several careers over the following 20 yrs.

And the professor you quote is of no relation to me either...DOCTOR Cosma.

We've many more interesting things to discuss here...so lets move along sir...thanks

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
100% proof is a huge stretch.

My 5 year old nephew was drawing pictures the other day and drew almost the same thing as the stargate symbol. I asked him what it was and he said that the triangle part was a tent and the circle part was because he liked circles.

a triange and a circle isn't the most extravagant design in the world

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join