It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie Stargate is proof TPTB have been lying to us all along.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There's an obvious similarity between the symbols depicting an inverted v with a circle above it.

I don't think the smart-ass remarks are warranted for pointing this out.

The OP's title would be posited better as question:

Is the movie Stargate proof that TPTB have been lying to us all along?

I can't make out the sand glyph though.

edit on 18/7/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Yep, thats the ones.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The movie "Stargate" is no more 'proof TPTB have been lying', than the movie
"Cannonball Run II" is proof.

No offense, OP, but what you are calling "proof" is just speculation and nothing more.
It's not even compelling evidence.
It's merely 2 symbols which are similar in appearance.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

...and, here we go again.

Once someone sees something in science-fiction, they have to believe its based upon reality. "Stargates" do not exist in real life.

The actual "Stargate Project" was all about studying the psychological phenomenon called 'remote viewing'. As a result of hitting a dead end, the project was cancelled in the year 1995. It had nothing to do with space.

edit on 7/18/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Your discrediting my family and poor attempt at humor is un-neccessary on a topic I agree is relevant and interesting. I only mentioned using a motion picture and the word proof...(a YouTube video as well couldve been thrown in...thank God it was not)....

I agree with the absurdity mentioned by others that one could even think of using Hollywood films as "proof" of anything. (except perhaps, poor taste). There-in implies perhaps one without the benefit of age and reason that comes with it. Hence the reference. Quite clear, that, really.

Lazlo

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Im following your thread with intrepidation, I saw these symbols a few weeks back, and as soon as I saw the one talked about here, it reminded me of the Stargate symbol for Earth, but at the same time, it reminds me of the Pyramid on the back of US money. I know the symbol isnt the same at all as the on on $, but it sure reminds me of it. I connected to that straight away.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
The stargate symbol of earth does not resemble the new markings found. I fail to see how they are the same. Please show me, because im missing it. Your comparison is a stretch....

Its a stretch because we are talking about a "Hollywood Blockbuster Movie"

I personally know the creator and director, Roland Emmerich (look him up). He was at my grandmothers house for Thanksgiving dinner about a year before the movie came out. I was very interested in the plot, and where they got the idea (probably because of my fascination with the possibility of ET's and ancient civilizations).

He was explaining to me how they spent years and a ton of money, researching the notion, consulting with quantum physicists, egyptologists, archaeologists, and ancient alien theory subscribers etc. This was in the hopes that they would create a believable and compelling sci-fi story, mixing in a little fact with story telling.

If there really was/is a stargate in reality, I seriously doubt Roland ever found it, or discovered some ground breaking information pertaining to the existence of one. He would have mentioned it, he's not very good at keeping secrets.

Maybe I'll email him the links to these stargate ATS threads so he can come and laugh his ass off.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That symbol is actually a Illuminati symbol if you notice the triangle and the eye!

Ever see that Tom and Jerry Cartoon?

Look at the hat!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Maybe thats why I connected it with the Pyramid and all seeing eye then.

I cant wait to read more!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

"Stargates" do not exist in real life".

Please explain how you know this!I'm not saying they do I'm just curious as to how you would know?.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

another "proof" thread turned out to be completely and totally ridiculous.

grow up man

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

Your discrediting my family and poor attempt at humor is un-neccessary on a topic I agree is relevant and interesting.

Im not discrediting your family at all, how do I know youre a Farnsworth, if you aint got pics it didnt happen

Your first post say's otherwise, calling the OP a kid or what ever, you were rude.

So yea, bada bing, bada bong.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by Section31

"Stargates" do not exist in real life".
Please explain how you know this!I'm not saying they do I'm just curious as to how you would know?.

Before the movie "Stargate" ever existed, did you ever think that such a device was possible?

Pretend we are in a court of law.

Prosecutors bring up the accusation, "The movie "Stargate" is proof that TPTB have been lying to us all along."

Defendant says, "Prove it.

Prosecutors respond, "No. You must provide us with proof."

Defendant and Judge says, "That is not how it works."

---------------------------------------------------

Your argument is saying, "Since you cannot prove Stargates do not exist, the opinion established within the first post is factual."

Flawed mentality.

Signal's proof is based upon chicken scratches found on stone. Without understanding their overall context, the flaw would be to use them to draw any type of conclusion.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I haven't had the time to read through the pages of this thread. BUT maybe this is just a case of life imitating art? Or art imitating life?

If you buy into how all of us on Earth have a collective consciousness then the possiblilty is there.

I've always been very interested in the whole Stargate theory.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We have been shut off and out of so much valuable secret hidden knowledge it is staggering. This control matrix we are in must end or humans are just a slave race like the jaffa in stargate.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Very interesting thread.

However, could it be that People are simply Creating it all as we go along
like the quote, what you think about you bring about, how much is subliminal
suggestion helping in creating our Reality without over half of us realizing this?
edit on 18-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Wow, would have loved to participate in that chat!! And it would be interesting to hear what he says about our wild ideas!!

edit on 18-7-2011 by Aurvandil because: spelling

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

see if you can find the movie " The Man who would be king" it was a book first.. i not sure if i can link the whole thing.. you tube "Hollywood Insiders" also.. you will be shocked to what you find lmao =)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
***EDIT TO ADD*** : This video I added at the end appears to have caused some confusion, it is meant to show other, similar stargate symbols matching ancient Egyptian sand glyphs - NOT the one from the pyramid shaft..
Thoughts?

So, some science-fiction movie about Egypt has actual Egyptian symbols?

Hmm... Could be a coincidence. Maybe a possibly conspiracy.

We must consult the unsolved mysteries of "Unsolved Mysteries".

Possible use of symbols for authenticity??? Maybe??? Just a little??? Surely it had nothing to do with someone using their artistic license. Right?

Do they make movies about King Author with Chinese symbols on armor? If we look closely at old medieval armor, you can see they were clearly hiding secret ufo technology. Maybe they were hiding secret space technology in a 12th century castle, and the key to unlocking its secrets is hidden in the movie "Monty Python: The Holy Grail".

We must consult the Egyptians about alien Christians living in Europe!

Get it?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Think you may have an acute case of Scotoma. The mind sees what it chooses to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join