It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSS Feed TSA Trusted Traveler Program to be Tested as Part of New Security Measures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

TSA Trusted Traveler Program to be Tested as Part of New Security Measures

onlinejournal.com

The head of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration said Thursday the agency planned to enhance identity-based, preflight screening capabilities.

"These improvements will enable our officers to focus their efforts on higher risk areas," TSA Administrator John S. Pistole said in Washington. "Enhancing identity-based screening is another common sense step in the right direction as we continue to strengthen overall security, and improve the passenger experience whenever possible."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.miamiherald.com

edit on 17-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/17/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title & Format.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So what I'm seeing here is that a slow move to preferential treatment for people with money is being implemented.

If you are a frequent flier, you are not going to be subjected to the grope fests or radiation treatments. Or if you want to pay, you can then be treated as a trusted citizen rather than a suspected terrorist.

For $179 a year, Clear members submit biometric information and use a kiosk that checks fingerprints and irises to determine their identity. From there, the traveler heads to the screening, bypassing long waits.

The move was cheered by the U.S. Travel Association, which has lobbied for a trusted traveler program. A survey commissioned by the travel and tourism trade group said 61 percent of frequent leisure travelers and 75 percent of frequent business travelers would join a program that provided an easier experience at the airport in exchange for a fee up to $150 and background check.

onlinejournal.com

During the first phase, some frequent fliers and members of CBP's Trusted Traveler programs, including members of Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS, who are U.S. citizens might qualify for expedited screening at select checkpoints at certain airports.

www.miamiherald.com...

As many as 2,000 passengers a day are expected to get expedited security screening at Miami International Airport starting this fall to test a new TSA program. Read more: www.miamiherald.com...

edit on 17-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So the terrorists are more likely to use an ancient old woman's adult diaper or the underwear of a small child for an attack than the possessions of random frequent fliers? These are the people in charge of our "security". What a joke.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
ah there's the true motive, money. of course, they're a business.

we need some kind of flight revolution, i would suggest that everyone fly local when they can. there are many amateur and experienced pilots willing to make some extra money.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

we need some kind of flight revolution, i would suggest that everyone fly local when they can. there are many amateur and experienced pilots willing to make some extra money.

It's always about the money and of course allowing those with it to be above the rest of us shmucks. Can't have them being treated like...ordinary.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
So the terrorists are more likely to use an ancient old woman's adult diaper or the underwear of a small child for an attack than the possessions of random frequent fliers? These are the people in charge of our "security". What a joke.

yeah they are

The shoe bomber
The panty bomber

In Vietnam women put bombs in baby carriages to get close to soldiers

A pre screen ID

ABOUT FRICKING TIME

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
It's always about the money and of course allowing those with it to be above the rest of us shmucks. Can't have them being treated like...ordinary.

Oh good grief... if your a frequent flier then the fee is peanuts. Any idea how much radiation you get zapped with as a frequent flier from those machines? No? Well no one does...

If you fly once every few years... stand in line and take your groping like a man. The lines will be shorter anyway because I will have that "get out of grope free pass"

And face it, the rest of you schmucks ARE ordinary
You can't even spell schmucks right

Sorry couldn't resist
edit on 17-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

Ah yes take a smaller jet and beat the wait... but ermmm have you seen the price tag? Seems its beyond the reach of the ordinary schmuck

But your right... they are on top of it

Imperial Jets private jet charter reports a 107% hike in inquiries for private jet travel after a CNBC feature reported how passengers were stranded across the globe after terrorist threat levels were set to high worldwide.

Airline passengers have been forced to wait three hours to be checked in in Europe, and there has been a 20% increase in baggage loss throughout the airlines. Travelers have been forced to ship their luggage through worldwide delivery services, and fly without their baggage. However, now travelers are skipping the hassle of flying on commercial airlines by chartering private jet travel services.

www.prweb.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by jude11

Oh good grief... if your a frequent flier then the fee is peanuts. Any idea how much radiation you get zapped with as a frequent flier from those machines? No? Well no one does...

If you fly once every few years... stand in line and take your groping like a man. The lines will be shorter anyway because I will have that "get out of grope free pass"

And face it, the rest of you schmucks ARE ordinary
You can't even spell schmucks right

Sorry couldn't resist

If you are actually agreeing to all this, there's nothing more to say is there?

Some do, some don't...Some will, some won't.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just don't get it... people cry about TSA, and when the TSA finally does something to help the cry babies, they turn around and cry some more about it, and find some way to hate even more...

What do you all want? You want to just allow anyone to board a plane with no security at all?
edit on 17-7-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All I see is that a terrorist can bribe his way straight through security now. In the end, that's really what this comes down to. Of course, it's not really about terrorists, is it?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
All I see is that a terrorist can bribe his way straight through security now. In the end, that's really what this comes down to. Of course, it's not really about terrorists, is it?

Of course it's not silly... its about control. A most wanted guy in Britain slipped through London's airport with eye makeup and a burka

Man dons burka to flee anti-terror police
www.thisislondon.co.uk...

TSA wouldn't target those here nor ask someone to unwrap a turban, would they?

Much safer to feel up and strip search children, old ladies and people in wheelchairs

But your right a terrorist could get pre checked then go strap on that bomb and walk right in
Easy to find a willing bomber that has no previous record

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

yeah they are

The shoe bomber
The panty bomber

In Vietnam women put bombs in baby carriages to get close to soldiers

A pre screen ID

ABOUT FRICKING TIME

By this logic, how is it that you don't think that they will be able to use people who have passed the pre-screening? Seriously, you think people will use infants to plant bombs, but not people with no criminal background or apparent ties to religious extremists? I thought that the reasoning behind the all-encompassing invasive searches was that whatever and whomever they don't check will be what the terrorists use.
Now we are trading our freedom for security, and getting neither. Who was it that said that is what would happen, and what we would deserve?
Edit to add: I had to give you a little grief since you gave someone else crap for misspelling schmucks, and then went ahead to misspell turban. Seems to me that you are pretty ordinary yourself. Sorry couldn't resist.
edit on 17-7-2011 by my other personality because: (he's a jerk)

edit on 17-7-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

You obviously missed the post above yours

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

Of course it's not silly... its about control. A most wanted guy in Britain slipped through London's airport with eye makeup and a burka

Man dons burka to flee anti-terror police
www.thisislondon.co.uk...

TSA wouldn't target those here nor ask someone to unwrap a turban, would they?

Much safer to feel up and strip search children, old ladies and people in wheelchairs

But your right a terrorist could get pre checked then go strap on that bomb and walk right in
Easy to find a willing bomber that has no previous record

Glad to see you were being sarcastic. Whew!

BTW it's Turbin, not Turbine.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Now we are trading our freedom for security, and getting neither. Who was it that said that is what would happen, and what we would deserve?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin - An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania. (1759)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Two things strike me here....

First up, they say for (yet another) fee you give over additional informationabout yourself to get treated respectfully like a citizen should be. After all with those new details they can really identify you properly. Not lke you gave them all your ID and details when you got your passport or anything.

Seccond - did any one else almost puke when they read the line ".....to improve the passenger experience...."

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I can see it now!!!

TSA Sir please step over here because we have to give you a pat down.
Citizen But why? I am a trusted citizen, and have payed for my background check!!!
TSA I'm sorry sir but these are my directives.
Citizen Yes but I have paid!!! This is outrageous! I will not stand for this...
TSA Ok sir if you dont want to be patted down you will not be able to fly.

They will always find some excuse no matter how "trusted" a citizen you are, and be scammed in diffrent ways to give money that in the end dosnt serve you anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Great! Now the fine folks flying first class will have a chance to warm up their pretentious stare back in security.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Yea, dosnt it look rediculous when they do it?!!!
They really think their sombody... (barf)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join