It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mason Thread :P

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I've spent some time now reading what I could about the Masons, and trying to find out a little more about them, but I think I've exhausted my supply of reliable internet resources.

From what I've read so far, I know that I want to become a Mason. I don't turn 21 until Dcember 29th of this year, but it doesn't hurt to prepare.

One major question I still have is, what do you DO as a Mason? I know that Masons try to promote good will towards others, self improvement, contribute to various charites and perform other good deeds... But what do you DO?

Do you meet on certain days and just discuss charity? Or do you just kind of hang out and talk about things? That's really the only foggy part about the whole thing. Forgive me if this is an igorant question though, there's probably a million websites that answer this question and I just haven't seen it yet.... LOL

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHeggy
One major question I still have is, what do you DO as a Mason? I know that Masons try to promote good will towards others, self improvement, contribute to various charites and perform other good deeds... But what do you DO?
Do you meet on certain days and just discuss charity? Or do you just kind of hang out and talk about things? That's really the only foggy part about the whole thing. Forgive me if this is an igorant question though, there's probably a million websites that answer this question and I just haven't seen it yet.... LOL

Most Lodges meet once per month, although some meet more frequently, depending on their By-Laws. These meetings are technically called "regular" or "stated" communications, and are business meetings. At these meetings, the Lodge business for the month is discussed and decided upon. Charitable donations are indeed discussed here, as well as any other business that a Brother chooses to bring before the Lodge.

There are also "special communications" that are held. These special meetings, unlike the regular business meetings, do not have dates to be held on as specified by the By-Laws, but are instead scheduled at the discretion of the Worshipful Master, who is the presiding officer of the Lodge. Special communications may be ceremonial meetings (for the initiation of Candidates), or may be something like having a fundraiser or a Ladies Night banquet.

"What do Masons do?" is therefore a difficult question to answer, because Masons do different things, depending on what the individual Brother's interests are, and the needs of his own Lodge. In general, Masonry provides an opportunity for men of like mind to congregate together, enjoy fellowship, and celebrate the Rites of Masonry which mean so much to our initiates.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think we should make it clear to this potential candidate that we also do ritual work. The opening and closing of a lodge have a ritual, the movement from work in one degree to another (which probably makes no sense if you're not yet a Mason), and the conferral of degrees (of course) all have standard ritual. Also, many Lodges have education peices on philosophy, Masonyr, religion, etc. during meetings. Also, there are other things... some Lodges up here have debates, some have joke-telling contests, some have 18th-century degree re-enactments, etc., etc., etc. It's really up to the imagination of the officers and the regulations common to all Freemasons.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thanks you two
Answered my question exactly!

AlexKennedy or Masonic Light, do you mind if I U2U you about a couple things?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Thanks you two

Please feel free.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Thanks you two

Please feel free.

I concur.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I've spent some time now reading what I could about the Masons, and trying to find out a little more about them, but I think I've exhausted my supply of reliable internet resources.

From what I've read so far, I know that I want to become a Mason. I don't turn 21 until Dcember 29th of this year, but it doesn't hurt to prepare.

There have already been a couple of really good messages posted here answering your question, so I won't attempt to repeat that info. However, you might be interested to know that only 13l Grand Lodges in the U.S. require a potential member to be 21 years old. The rest require that he be 18 or 19.

Paul Bessel, a Washington DC Mason has an excellent web-site with such information on it. Here's the link, but you might want to take a look at the index as well...there's some pretty good info here.

Regards,
-Senrak

www.bessel.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well, I'm an American citizen about to get my landed status in Canada.... I'm going the route of common law partner, and that requires a relationship of at least one year, so we have to wait until September 5th before I can turn in any forms or applications....

Thanks for that link, I knew there was one somewhere

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Well, I'm an American citizen about to get my landed status in Canada....

Really?!?! I'm a Canadian! What province are you in? (Finally, a candidate I can help
)

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I live with my girlfriend in Hull, Quebec.... About a 10 to 15 minute drive to the Parliament buildings and the Rideau Centre.

I'm not a citizen yet, but I'll be getting my landed/permanent resident status sometime after September 5th.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I live with my girlfriend in Hull, Quebec...

Darn. I'm in Alberta, so I won't be able to confer with you personally about it

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
AK & ML... you forgot one thing.... You must ensure daily that the eggs are kept warm and it is recommended that you polish them daily and kept in direct sunlight as much as possible. We do not want our future brothers to be weak. Also, many masons have a sense of humor, but it is frowned upon if you color them like easter eggs.......

Ask AK..... they did not find it amusing....... Although we all did get a big laugh out of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
AK & ML... you forgot one thing.... You must ensure daily that the eggs are kept warm and it is recommended that you polish them daily and kept in direct sunlight as much as possible. We do not want our future brothers to be weak. Also, many masons have a sense of humor, but it is frowned upon if you color them like easter eggs.......

Ask AK..... they did not find it amusing....... Although we all did get a big laugh out of it.

No, the "Overlords" were not amused, and it was all I could do to keep you guys from being transferred to the "Toilet Destruction Squad", if you want endless days of stalking porcelain be my guest, just remember, your "squishy" contact is with the likes of MrNECROS, jhova, dribbler, et al. If that's the kind of "company" you prefer... by all means! Besides, it wasn't that funny, not like the time I stuffed a whole bunch of baby dolls with peanut butter, and served them as a late night snack to the "Boys" after partying with the Illuminati. Drunk Reptilians trying to masticate peanut butter, now THAT'S funny...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
.............. Besides, it wasn't that funny, not like the time I stuffed a whole bunch of baby dolls with peanut butter, and served them as a late night snack to the "Boys" after partying with the Illuminati. Drunk Reptilians trying to masticate peanut butter, now THAT'S funny...

Yeah, I was not there, but I did hear about that. I was laughing sooooo hard. Well, they thought it was funny that night, ....till the morning when they still had the problems. ha ha ha But, I am sure it was not a pretty sight with hung-over reptilians still having problems with the peanut butter.

top topics

join