It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
"Thiaoouba Prophecy"
Just finished this very interesting book, a man gets taken by highly evolved spiritual an technological beings an is shown their world, while having profound questions answered, like the origin of man and our current predicament. I have to say that I really loved it an have taken it to heart, the only problem I have with it is that the beings say that they can intervene here an there, but under the shadows and that for our bigger problems, we have to solve ourselves,....I don't agree, apparently we have been thru multiple disasters as far as advancing in our civilization, but no matter what, we get destroyed an thrown to the wind only to start iver again and again, so how long thru this perpetual destruction do we as humans must endure till one day we get it right? Those beings are just as guilty standing, watching. A little push can help us lead to a better direction in life after, hmmmm?
"The Event Group" series
What an awesome set of books, I highly recommend those books for those in love with x-files meets special OPS genre, a dash of tom clancy in it, david lynn goleman does it right, I have fallen in love with all the characters an read them at least twice, everything from aliens, atlantis, bigfoot, humanitys origins to jack the ripper, all these books will have you at the edge of your sofa as you read more an more.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I am reading Report For Murder by Val McDermid.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm about halfway through Magic and Mystery in Tibet by Alexandra David-Neel. Learned about the book from someone here years ago and finally got around to reading it.
I really enjoy learning about other peoples systems of belief and simply how they get through the day and this book has plenty of that. The author was obviously quite a lady, I would have liked to have met her (I think).

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm reading The Hobbit by John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Bout to start this book; The Occult: The Ultimate Book For Those Who Would Walk With The Gods by Colin Wilson

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Currently switching between the Heart of darkness - Joseph Conrad - and Glory by Vladimir Nabokov

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've just started reading Darkness on the Edge of Town by Brian Keene.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
"Thiaoouba Prophecy"
Just finished this very interesting book, a man gets taken by highly evolved spiritual an technological beings an is shown their world, while having profound questions answered, like the origin of man and our current predicament. I have to say that I really loved it an have taken it to heart, the only problem I have with it is that the beings say that they can intervene here an there, but under the shadows and that for our bigger problems, we have to solve ourselves,....I don't agree, apparently we have been thru multiple disasters as far as advancing in our civilization, but no matter what, we get destroyed an thrown to the wind only to start iver again and again, so how long thru this perpetual destruction do we as humans must endure till one day we get it right? Those beings are just as guilty standing, watching. A little push can help us lead to a better direction in life after, hmmmm?
"The Event Group" series
What an awesome set of books, I highly recommend those books for those in love with x-files meets special OPS genre, a dash of tom clancy in it, david lynn goleman does it right, I have fallen in love with all the characters an read them at least twice, everything from aliens, atlantis, bigfoot, humanitys origins to jack the ripper, all these books will have you at the edge of your sofa as you read more an more.

After reading "Thiaoouba Prophecy" does one then have a desire to read Urantia and become like this guy? >

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm reading ...
The left hand of darkness by leguin

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I just started reading.. Establishing the Elizabethan Age: The Lives and Legacies of Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth I...By Charles River Editors..

Includes pictures of Henry, Anne, Elizabeth and important people, places, and events in their lives.
Analyzes their legacies and discusses popular legends about them...

So far its been a good read ,Im learning about Henry, Anne and Elizabeth like i never have before.peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I am reading The History Of Time by Stephen Hawking
interesting read but hard to understand for the simple minded.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I've just started reading Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
In the days of the comet(1906) H.G.Wells..
It's a bit of an eyebrow raiser...

In the midst of a world war, the tail of a comet brushes the atmosphere of earth, causing everyone to lose consciousness for a few hours. When the world awakens, everyone has an expanded understanding of the meaning of things. The war is quickly ended; a new utopia is created; even crime is reduced to near zero. What caused the transformation--or was there one?

edit on 7-11-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

edit on 18-11-2012 by The_Truth_Seeker because: Double Post.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've just started reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Unfortunately, American Lit demmands I read "Their Eyes Were Watching God". It's actually not half-bad but the grammar is terrible. It's getting interesting, though. I suggest you check it out sometime.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Man on the Universe by Aristotle for the third time..every decade I read it the story changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join