It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Just finished "The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry" by Jon Ronson.. the man who wrote "Men Who Stare at Goats". Fascinating book really, mainly because of this crazy notion you can checklist psychopaths and label with a ham handed test! Its called the Hare Psychopathy Checklist. A lot of information here on several associated subjects.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am reading The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm about 1/2 way through The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three. It's pretty freaking kooky, but I like.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I just started reading Common Murder by Val McDermid.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Just started The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story - Arnold Schwarzenegger

It is definitely interesting. A lot of people didn't know that Arnold was already a budding real estate tycoon before he ever got in to movies. He also ran his own construction business with Franco Columbo and was an avid college student taking courses at multiple colleges to avoid visa restrictions. He also helped with the initial studies that lead to weight lifting being a sanctioned sport in the Special Olympics.

It isn't the greatest example of modern writing. It feels a little too one sided and leaves out some things that would be interesting. Overall it is a good read even if it feels a bit shallow at times.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

I found it an interesting story. Hope you enjoy it.

Just finished Hiroshima and Nagasaki, looking for something new to read. Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Physics for dummies by Stephen Holzner

and probably the most boring Stephen King book Needful Things, im looking forward to being done with it.

Just finished The World As I See It by Albert Einstein and that I would recommend to everyone who hasn't yet read it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've just started reading Final Edition by Val McDermid.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I Have only started reading recently. I am currently reading 1984 - By George Orwell.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

You picked a great book to start off reading with.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Read this before, but its a great book, so I'm rereading. A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Just curious....does anyone else reread their favorite books? My husband thinks I'm insane when I keep books, but I do reread them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Robin Hood

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Read this before, but its a great book, so I'm rereading. A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Just curious....does anyone else reread their favorite books? My husband thinks I'm insane when I keep books, but I do reread them.

I don't anymore...but I used to and maybe I will again in the future, when I am old(er)...now I only re-read those I read to my son...now there is a HUGE pleasure for you to look forward, sharing your favourite books with your child. I bought my son the LOTRs trilogy for Christmas, and was really looking forward to reading them again, sharing them with him...but that didn't even cross his mind, he began straight away to read the first alone. I was sad for a moment, and then I thought, how awesome is that, my nine year old son reading something I didn't even dare approach until I was an adult.

My cup runneth over

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am currently reading 'Fairy Tales' by Hermann Hesse. It is funny, as one progresses as a reader, you come across writers who touch you just in the way that you want/need to be touched at that moment in your journey. Hesse takes my breath away, it is like coming home to myself. Such a gift.

Yesterday I was thinking of that question of if you could have dinner with so many people from history, who would you choose. Right now, just Hesse would do me...no one else need apply.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
"In A Sunburned Country" by Bill Bryson.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
"Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm reading Union Jack by Val McDermid.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've just started reading The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join