It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Finishing up The Art of Fiction by John Gardner and figuring out which of these to start next:

Death with Interruptions - Jose Saramago
The Master and Margarita - Mikhail Bulganov

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm currently reading "The Green Mile" by Stephen King.

And so far it seems like a pretty good book, I'm enjoying it. But then again what book by Stephen King isn't good???

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
"Just After Sunset"; The latest short-story collection by Stephen King.

[edit on 4/20/2009 by Stormrider]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just finished "Night Chills" by Dean Koontz it was entertaining.

Starting "Black Hawk:an autobiography" by Black Hawk

[edit on 20-4-2009 by dragonking76]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
"The Secret History of the CIA," by: Joseph J. Trento. It's a book I found at B&N recently in the bargain section. It seemed alright so I got it. So far it has been. I have never really read about the CIA until recently and it's actually quite interesting to me.
I like the bargain section because some of my favorite and most informative books IMO for what I like to read about I have found in there. Is that just me?!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
"The Secret History of the CIA," by: Joseph J. Trento. It's a book I found at B&N recently in the bargain section. It seemed alright so I got it. So far it has been. I have never really read about the CIA until recently and it's actually quite interesting to me.
I like the bargain section because some of my favorite and most informative books IMO for what I like to read about I have found in there. Is that just me?!

I have the same book haha. I haven't gotten around to reading it though. I have had it for about a year...weird because I found it in the bargain bin also.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Lost city of z....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The Jigsaw Man by Gord Rollo.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I almost picked that up from the library, but I had two Philip K. Dick books and Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks, which I just started. Since I'm finishing up the last story in Stephen Kings Nightmares & Dreamscapes and also reading a Tesla autobiographical novel, I figured I better not take more than I can read right now. I also have Stealing Lincoln's Body to read but that one can wait. It's not necessary and I need to move these out so I can get to Jekyll Island.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Finished:
-"Otherland" by Tad Williams (good enough that I bought the sequels)
-"The Annotated Chronicles" by Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman (fun)
-"The Road" by Cormac McCarthy (very good, more current than futuristic)

Starting:
-"A Catcher in the Rye"

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm currently reading 'The Secret Teachings of All Ages' by Manly P Hall, 'Tragedy and Hope' by Carroll Quigley, and fictionwise I've just started reading 'Eon' by Greg Bear (the only book I've ever read more than once).

There's one other fiction novel I've stalled on. This is only because I've misplaced it. 'The Raw Shark texts' a sci-fi like you've never read before. In my opinion it's the first really original novel in decades.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
William Darymple
From the holy mountain. Just finished City of Djinns.
Love his books, best travel writer out there, better than bill bryson

Looking forward to his new book nine lives yet to be released

www.williamdalrymple.uk.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"Behold A Pale Horse" by William Cooper and "Alaska" by James Michener

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Just finished Angels & Demons by Dan Brown.

This was an easy read, fast paced thriller. The charictars were very lifelike and brown does a great job at creating visuals espacially in the action sequences, wich is pretty much the whole book. I reccomend it if any of you are thinking of picking it up, caution! you won't be able to put it down.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Book is much better than the movie of course (and it's a better book (imho) than DaVinci Code)...

"Just After Sunset"; The latest short-story collection by Stephen King.

Me too, love that first story...very M Night Shamalamadingdong....whatever..

Also reading the Vampire Hunter D book 5 (great series really).....

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just starting Time and Again by Jack Finney on the recommendation of an ATS post.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am currently reading The Perennial Philosophy by Aldous Huxley. It is considered a philosophical classic.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Jumping back and forth between Prodigal Genius: The Life of Nikola Tesla and Better Off by Eric Brende. The Tesla book isn't quite what I had hoped for but the store didn't have Man out of Time so I had to settle.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
With my 9 year old - we just finished: "American Indian Fairy Tales" by William Trowbridge Larned.

Its a book I have had since my first child and he is 21. I have raised four youngens now (3 by marriage but it matters not to me - only Mama they have ever known.) They are mine now. Period.

I use this lil 9 chapter book to teach them about my heritage - their heritage. I use it to weed out the disinformation and help them understand that which isnt.

Some info in the book - you must take with a grain of salt is what Im trying to convey. But I do bare in mind the book is about 'Fairy Tales' - I hope you do too and consider the book! For example, they speak of the Cherokee and tents. I am Cherokee - born and raised right there on the reservation in the hills of NC. That being said - Im close to my roots and connected to my heritage not only by books, Dawes Rolls and research. Im at one with all of it through LIFE EXPERIENCE. Different from a book - no one can tell me how it was. I was THERE. I know how it is. Therefore, by default, knowing what is the truth and what is disinformation regarding my people.

This, of course, doesnt make me any more or any less Native American than anyone else but it does allow me to speak from another point of view on this than most. Anyway, I assure you... the Cherokee tribe has NEVER housed ourselves in tents. Ever. We are mountain people. ALWAYS choosing shelter in rocks and caves. Never tents. Neither of the 13 clans or 7 tribes! None of us. So read it understanding it is Fairy Tale Based!

Now to the book I am reading myself! Because I was born and raised on the reservation - my course of study was probably a lot different than that of the public schools whom were held to standards by the state. I will admit - I had (and always will) to do a tremendous amount of self-teaching just to be somewhat intelligent. But I must have taught myself well - pulled off my Law Degree. No intention to ever practice law. But to be protected BY AND FROM THE LAW.

So - knowing I didnt read all of the classics my public school mates were assigned, because they simply weren't assigned to me - I decided I was going to read all of the books assigned students to read from grades 9-12. All of those Yummy Classics!

I am a good number of books into my goal - my latest read; "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Harriet Beecher Stowe.

Im only on chapter 5 of 45 but so far - Im loving it! Its an awesome book and picking it up is never a chore! The language is harsh (N word A LOT) but its the old south in 1785. I try not to be ultra-sensitive about that and allow myself to enjoy the story for what its worth - if not for how its written.

Shew - ever write a post and youre pure tired after? LOL Thanks for reading! I understand I am verbose and really cant change that regardless of my futile efforts! I appreciate and starred the OP and the members who brought up books on my list of 'to reads'! I adore everyone of you!

XOXO,

~ Sky

(EDITED TO SAY: Awww man! I cant star anyone here! Will ya take a big ol hug instead!

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Little One]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm reading Cujo by Stephen King.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join