It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey time on ATS, what is more imporant to you? Government taking more of your money or spending l

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Time to decide what is more important for everyone right here right now.

What is more important to everyone here, government reducing it's escalated spending rate or continuing it's spending spree and taking more of your money?

A - Government reducing it's spending to pre-2008 levels?
B- Government continues to escalate it's spending rate and taking more of your money?
C-Z - Any well thought-through alternative answers are welcome.

As we know, much propaganda is being spewed by both sides. Some of it by kids online posting on political forums. The definition of 'the rich' is very non-specific. It could very well include all 138 Million employed people of the 310 Million people in the USA, since the majority of people (55%) are not employed and are already supported by the employed. It could maybe be half of the employed people, which then would be the top 23% of all people. Recently union are excluded from new employment and tax laws, which is about half the top earners. So half all employed excluding approximately half which are union workers would be about the top 12% of all earners. Which means you.

Here's a chart of escalating government spending and the loss in revenue from the economic collapse (layoffs and foreclosures).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b15f3578d816.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think we need to fund two more wars.

Sarcasm at it's greatest

Pull our soldiers home and repave the friggin roads.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The government taking more of my money and spending it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
There isn't a choice. Look the problem is that they choose the terms to obscure intent from the masses. When a typical person hear's deficit - they have no idea what the meaning of it is. The rest interchange debt and deficit if they understand it at all. Having a $1,600,000,000,000 deficit is so beyond absurd that we might as well all agree that we are living in the Matrix.

The point of course of establishing and running an economic policy which defies reason is to stress the mechanism of capitalism to the breaking point and then point fingers at the failures of capitalism.

It is a bit like the witch trials of the 1300's. If we swing the ax at her head and her head comes off then she was worthy of living - if it bounces off we'll burn her. They are saying that if capitalism is an adequate economic system then it can withstand multi-trillion dollar deficits. If it cannot then we know we'll need to revert back to some other economic system like labor-slavery or debtor-prisons.

Its just too absurd to even vote on.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That graph

Do that!

the end.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I like the answer: C-Z - Any well thought-thorough alternative answers are welcome.

No money or gold or silver standards. (Y'all can use widgets for trading for all I care).
No taxation. (It equates to no government).
No government. (See no taxation above).
More oversight. (More ethical and moral police needed - Was that a pun?)

[/brain stopped here]

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

A, But anything that really causes the government to commit suicide is fine by me. The quicker the better as we can fix what they broke for a better America.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Stop believing in either one. None of it is based on anything real but it's quite a show.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

This is like asking would you rather be shot or electrocuted? No good answers.

Actually the government isn't taking my money - I have been getting an extra $400 back for the past 2 years.
And if I had a choice I would like the government to take money from people who use the beaches, waterways and private jets the most and I'd like them to spend a fortune and fix a great many things that need fixing.

I would like them to take the money for the roads from the corporations that hire the trucks that chew up the highways and not tax my mileage in a small car that weighs nothing and cannot eat up the pavement as the semis do. How is it fair to make me pay for what those trucks have damaged?

I would like them to SPEND A FORTUNE and get everything money can buy including a high speed mag-rail train around the country, up into Canada and Mexico. Public parks and pools and those little stands where you can grab a bike and ride it to your destination and then leave it there like they have in Europe.

I would like them to take money from the rich to run the country and provide these things.
They are getting all the benefits of the country after all.

top topics

join