It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony to appeal convictions for lying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Casey Anthony to appeal convictions for lying

news.yahoo.com

ORLANDO, Fla (Reuters) - Casey Anthony will appeal her convictions on four charges of lying to detectives who investigated the 2008 disappearance and death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, according to a notice filed on Friday by her criminal defense attorneys.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm sure everyone on ATS is sick and tired of hearing about Casey Anthony, but being the father of a 2 year old I just cant seem to shake this entire case. Not only is there absolutely no justice for poor Caylee, but now this bitch, who IMO is getting away with murder already, wants to completely walk away from this debacle free and clear. It would surprise me if the judge doesn't just throw the appeal in the garbage. But who knows with the supposed Florida judicial system.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

OH! well aint that slick?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I really hope you never get asked to sit on a Jury with your way of thinking that you can ignore facts and would have sentenced her.

It's her right to appeal and she is doing what all people can that are in her situation.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

but now this bitch, who IMO is getting away with murder already, wants to completely walk away from this debacle free and clear.

Deny ignorance...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yea not only is she gonna get away with murder, she's probably gonna get a sweet movie deal and millions of dollars out of it. But if there is a Casey Anthony movie, I hope Rob Zombie directs it and Sheri Moon plays the role of Casey.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
LMAO...as much as I bet she was responsible for the death (maybe not even murder but neglect) How can you convict someone of murder without a proven cause of death. The case fell apart at that moment IMO. Beyond reasonable doubt...just sayin. You wouldn't want to be convicted on some BS evidence that didn't prove you committed a murder why would anyone else.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

This case is a classic.Exposes the weakness of the jury system. This jury was smoking pot or what. Shame on the Florida Judicial System.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyJim

That is a horrible thought but you are right. Since she was outright acquitted, there is nothing stopping her from now going on to make a fortune of the story of her dead daughter. I have no doubt this piece of work will get busy on setting up those deals as soon as public sentiment has cooled some and the atmosphere is better for marketing an inside story of events.

I'm sick of hearing about the overall story but the details of these final stages are interesting to hear about as a view of how the system works. So far, it's a depressing affirmation of what we've seen before with stars like O.J., but it's still interesting to see it play out in the end game.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i don't think she murdered her daughter with intent. i think it was an accident stemming from neglect. those of you thinking shes free and clear are wrong. everyone knows who she is, no one will want to hire her or go clubbing with her. i really don't think she will make money on this, and i wouldn't be surprised if she turns up missing.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyJim

she said she wants alyssa milano or kristen stewart (Twilight girl) to play her. Like that's gonna happen...it's a lifetime movie at best.

I don't think she will make it very far in the "outside" world...She will either be done in "accidental" like or purposely..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think that even though the trial didn't turn out the way most of us thought it should, Casey Anthony's prison will surely be right here on earth out in the world. Will anyone ever believe her again? About anything? Will anyone ever trust her again? Could anyone ever really love her? Even her parents?? Everything she has done or has NOT done will come back to haunt her - it always does...mark my words.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

As much as I would like to believe it were that simple..

I can't deny as members here have pointed out.. that the media has had a sheer conviction to vilify her. And due to that, I am incredibly surprised that they found a jury for this trial.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It's really a shame she will not learn any lessons or take responsibility for what she has done to her daughter or family and friends.In her world lies work,she will continue to lie and eventually it will get her back into trouble that she can't get out of so easily.I guarantee everything she has done will catch up to her and she knows what she has done you can't hide from yourself.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm sure if they try hard enough the can trap and convict her of something like they did O.J. As long as she spends time in prison a lot of folks will calm down and not go hunting for her. I'm sure there will be an app for tracking sightings of her or even people who even resemble her.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I literally screamed "what!" when I read this article, I honestly am so pissed that she would have the nerve...getting away with murder with no penalties whatsoever...I dont even think she feels remorse for killing her child. She only thinks about herself..making her family lie for her, just to save her own ***

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
no one will want to hire her or go clubbing with her

Never underestimate the willingness of a man who can't get laid.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

i don't think she murdered her daughter with intent. i think it was an accident stemming from neglect. those of you thinking shes free and clear are wrong. everyone knows who she is, no one will want to hire her or go clubbing with her. i really don't think she will make money on this, and i wouldn't be surprised if she turns up missing.

This won't happen because she is going to put into the witness relocation program. So not only will she walk away clean but she will a free new life at the cost of the tax payer.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

no one will want to hire her or go clubbing with her

Never underestimate the willingness of a man who can't get laid.

I sy let her do what she wants. its up to the judge to decide. I thin America really need to move beyond this because casey anthony is nothing but a waste of time now.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I think she is guilty of having at least something to do with her child's death..

I also think the state failed to prove it as required in court.

That said, I have to take issue with you apparently saying that her not getting to "go clubbing" and maybe having a tough time getting a job (like many others these days) constitutes fair, or even any kind of punishment for what she has done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join