It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina and Brazil - ARMAMENT RACE IS ON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I just read about the new argentinian rocket Gradicom II, launched 2 days ago. It's a militar missile.

Here closer :

Here a couple of articles translated :

Argentina launched July 11 in La Rioja the Gradicom II rocket that reaches 100 miles high and will soon reveal the Gradicom III, quadruple that distance.

This would be Argentina's response to the growing arms race in Brazil has signed a military contract with French billionaire looking to buy two nuclear submarines.

On the eve of the launch of that missile I attended the London School of Economics in a seminar bringing together experts on Brazil from around the world and discussed the arms race of the giant and its effects on Argentina and the region. There I talked with Matthias Spektor, director of the center of international relations of the Vargas Foundation in Rio, who will publish a book on atomic energy in Brazil.

He said Brazil has built its third nuclear power plant and aims to bring 5 more while its uranium enrichment capacity now reaches 20%. He cites José Alencar (businessman and vice president Lula in 2003-10 who died last March 29) who postulated to possess a nuclear weapon to sit at the table of the greats.

Japan and Germany are due to the international ban on defeated in World War II, but its atomic technology would allow them to make them in 6 months. All 5 permanent members of Security Council (U.S., Russia, China, France and UK) have it as well as Israel, Pakistan, India and North Korea.

Spektor mention the frustration that caused Obama's visit to Brazil where he said he would support the entry of that country to the Security Council, while India said yes when he went to visit a nuclear deal ratified. They reason that many Brazilian leaders are required to have a nuclear arsenal to better negotiate with the U.S. (Like India) and all those countries were pressured to surrender their most lethal weapons (such as Iraq and Libya) were paid to invasions.

The seminar Kenneth Maxwell, a leading expert historians in Brazil, argued that if Brazil would have a nuclear weapon the U.S. could not stop them (as they are wanting to do with Iran), but that country does not need it and the reason why Washington is turning a blind eye to India is the fear of China.

If half the military spending of humanity is U.S., South America is held by Brazil.

Brazil lacks internal wars (although, as in Rio Spektor, more deaths occur each year for crime in all of Iraq) and 14 decades ago has not fought any military conflict with any of its 10 neighbors.

However, we can not rule out a secret plan to give Brazil a nuclear weapon, which would make Latin America from being the only region inhabited the planet that has escaped having a bomb of this nature.

diariocorreo.pe...

Successful rocket launch Gradicom II 100% made in Argentina.

The Defense Ministry reported that today at 15.28 saw the successful launch of the Rocket Gradicom II, developed entirely by Argentine scientists and engineers from the Centre for Testing and Launch of Self-propelled projectiles in Chamical, La Rioja, military base opened in 1946 by Juan Domingo Peron.

At dinner camaraderie of the Armed Forces, who led today by President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, the living room Libertador San Martin Building, presented the video of the event.

From the place, saw the launch of the vector President of the Institute of Scientific and Technological Research for Defense (CITEDEF) Edward Fabre, the governor of La Rioja Luis Beder Herrera, Lt. Governor Teresita Luna, and a large number of legislators.

The vector Gradicom II launch its second version was tested in two stages, reaching an altitude of approximately 100 km and 120 km away. The solid-fuel rocket was designed to develop a prototype with 120 seconds of flight in outer space and experience rocket systems and subsystems for military and civilian use.

The Gradicom II was developed entirely by scientists and engineers in Argentina. Its objectives include meeting the requirements of large motors to be used as a vector for various uses, such as sounding rockets, missiles and long-range artillery. Its dimensions are 933 km ramp weight and full-length 7686 mm.

After 25 years, CITEDEF, an agency under the Ministry of Defence, had resumed rocket program with the successful launch in December 2009 Gradicom PCX, single-engine rocket at the firing range Serrezuela, Córdoba .

The CITEDEF shows a long career in the field of self-propelled rockets and missiles both. The two categories of vectors are fundamentally different from the ability to be guided post-launch. The rockets are free path used vehicles for artillery and as carriers of scientific probes to study the upper atmosphere.

The Institute in this particular stage development program in this field that will allow Argentina to regain skills and start again the path of technological progress.

buen-vuelo.blogspot.com...

I have a bad feeling about this. Maybe they both are getting prepared for some eventuality. The only way I can enjoy a fight between these 2 countries is in a soccer game.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well well more reasons for Rio and Brasilia to be in a long list of cities that will be hit by nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Well, what is hard to understand is why in the name of the Lord these 2 countries with lots of people in need, now spend all that money in this crap. GOT TO BE A GOOD REASON...if you know what I mean.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
after the Malvina war, i remember reading that Brazil had come to the conclusion they needed long range aircraft to deliver anti ship missiles.

South America is looking towards self defense as i understand it.

Iraq showed the world what being defenseless is all about.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The purpose of the war is to see WHO will get to the resources.

Argentina wouldn't last 48 hours in a war against Brazil.

England/US already picked Brazil as the victor.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Argentina and Brazil, as of recent years, have pretty good relations. There would be no reason for an arms race because both nations are not only politically friendly, but are engaged in military joint ventures.

Brazil and Argentina have also entered a partnership to jointly develop the KC-390 twin-engine military transport aircraft

Brazil and Argentina are engaged in several joint venture projects in the military field

Wiki

Unless I misread your OP, I believe you are mistaken.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife

Unless I misread your OP, I believe you are mistaken.

I didn't write those artcles.

I think it looks like a real armament race, but against someone else.

Remember all the natural resources in South America.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Lots of people talking nonsense on this post.

Argentina and Brazil are strong allies, both in the military and civilian industry.

"Brazil and Argentina ratify “strategic relation” and commit greater integration"
en.mercopress.com...

Not like I don't have a billion articles to post about it if I wanted to.

Argentina's one and only enemy is the UK, a pirate country that continues to test South America's patience on the issue of Malvinas. If they keep pushing they'll get what they wish for, another war.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FA001

Are not UK and Brazil very good friends now?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

You tell me.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FA001

I tell you :

New era for UK-Brazil relations
22 June 2011

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has today heralded a new era for business links between Britain and Brazil.

In a keynote speech in Brasilia he announced that more than £2.5bn in bilateral business has been agreed between British and Brazilian companies this year.

The Deputy PM also announced new deals including a £130m contract for BT to provide data transmission services to Correios, the Brazilian post office, and the UK Government underwriting a £185m credit line to the Brazilian steel company Gerdau that will lead to more than £270m in exports to Brazil from 79 companies across Britain.

Leading a delegation of Cabinet Ministers and UK business leaders in talks with their counterparts in Brazil, Mr Clegg sought to promote the best of British in Brazil and attract inward investment from major Brazilian firms. The £2.5bn of business highlighted today represents a significant boost to the British economy, creating jobs and growth through both exports and inward investment.

www.dpm.cabinetoffice.gov.uk...

The article of your link is from January, 7 months ago. The one I post here is from last month. Seems they are in the same team now brother.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join