It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto official Beaten by farmers in India over Failed GMO Bt Cotton Seeds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Jana12

The problem with that is farmers are allowed to choose whether to use Monsanto products or not. No one is forcing anyone.

Not really true. Have you researched Monsanto's tactics here in the US?

Monsanto plants cross pollinate with non GMO plants. So Monsanto is polluting farms that don't want Monsanto GMO terminator crops. Then Monsanto goes and illegally trespasses on these farms and test the crop to see if it contains their patented GMO crop. If it does they then sue the farmer out of existence for using their patented GMO crop. They call it stealing. I call it pollution.

Their tactics are thuggish.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

And yet, does that implicate all of its workers as evil? Should workers involed in a company owned by Murdoch deserve bad "karma"?
edit on 18-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Jana12

The problem with that is farmers are allowed to choose whether to use Monsanto products or not. No one is forcing anyone.

A complete and utter lie.

They are coerced and given few other choices.

The Feds, do not partner, with individual farmers. No, they offer a program. And that program, is supported by their chosen corporations, and that collective muscle, is what sits across the table from the small farmer.

You are trolling this thread, carry on because you are losing topsoil by the second.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

And yet, does that implicate all of its workers as evil?

If their workers work for them in the full knowledge of the damage and suffering they cause then - yes they are part of the evil that the company is.

If a janitor took a job cleaning the corporate offices and didn't have a clue what the company did then obviously no.

But that guy who represents Monsanto and visited the Indian farms is no janitor is he?

He was Monsanto's rep - the front man.

If he doesn't know exactly who he works for I would be very surprised.

To go to those farmers ruined by this company and spout company propaganda is stupid to say the least.

Would an SS officer of the Nazis be part of the evil that was the Nazis?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
How are they "coerced"? Please tell me. As far I can see farmers can choose what sort of farms to raise. Some Indian farmers decided Monsanto crops would have been a good investment, and now they feel it was a bad investment.

A lot of members claim that anyone having an opposing view to the majority is "trolling".

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

A lot of members claim that anyone having an opposing view to the majority is "trolling".

the trolling accusation might have something to do with banging out the same opinion over and over again page after page after page. I think we all know what your opinion is by now.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

How are they "coerced"? Please tell me. As far I can see farmers can choose what sort of farms to raise. Some Indian farmers decided Monsanto crops would have been a good investment, and now they feel it was a bad investment.

"How are they coerced" ...Through outright threats and market ploys.

Trolling = Stupid questions, as if the person, is retarded (I'll assume you aren't?)
Trolling = Short, quippy posts, nothing of content.
Trolling = Lengthening a decent thread into pages and pages of back >< forth one-line "prove it to me then..." conversations. Pages and pages of nothing, whereas YOU will do no research, like a good little troll you live under a bridge and just hassle anyone who tries to cross. You yourself, will contribute no research.

Carry on...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

How are they "coerced"? Please tell me. As far I can see farmers can choose what sort of farms to raise.

Then you can't see very far. Watch Food, Inc. and get some perspective on Monsanto.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

If their workers work for them in the full knowledge of the damage and suffering they cause then - yes they are part of the evil that the company is.

If a janitor took a job cleaning the corporate offices and didn't have a clue what the company did then obviously no.

But that guy who represents Monsanto and visited the Indian farms is no janitor is he?

To go to those farmers ruined by this company and spout company propaganda is stupid to say the least.

So if anyone chooses to join a company owned by Rupert Murdoch, they are evil now? I completely disagree with the hyperbole that Monsanto is "poisoning" the food supply. If the SS officer commited a crime, he could be implicated. But he shouldn't be implicated simply because he was an SS officer. Or is the pope an evil Hitler youth now? Some Hitler youth may have done bad things, but does that implicate them all?

All the man did was deny that it was the Monsanto crop's fault. Did he design them? No. Does he set company policy? No. People are only chearing this on because of fear and hatred for Monsanto. If a McDonalds worker claims McDonalds doesn't always make people fat would people think he deserved to get beaten up? Probably not.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

"How are they coerced" ...Through outright threats and market ploys.

Trolling = Stupid questions, as if the person, is retarded (I'll assume you aren't?)
Trolling = Short, quippy posts, nothing of content.
Trolling = Lengthening a decent thread into pages and pages of back >< forth one-line "prove it to me then..." conversations. Pages and pages of nothing, whereas YOU will do no research, like a good little troll you live under a bridge and just hassle anyone who tries to cross. You yourself, will contribute no research.

Carry on...

I disagree with your definition of trolling. Are you trolling me?

Is marketing now "coercion"?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

How are they "coerced"? Please tell me. As far I can see farmers can choose what sort of farms to raise.

Then you can't see very far. Watch Food, Inc. and get some perspective on Monsanto.

Will do, but I probably would still not cheer beating up an employee, even if I feel Monsanto has unethical policies.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

So if anyone chooses to join a company owned by Rupert Murdoch, they are evil now? I completely disagree with the hyperbole that Monsanto is "poisoning" the food supply. If the SS officer commited a crime, he could be implicated. But he shouldn't be implicated simply because he was an SS officer. Or is the pope an evil Hitler youth now? Some Hitler youth may have done bad things, but does that implicate them all?

not.

well rupert murdoch isn't necessarily poisoning my two kids health either... so if he wants to listen to a couple of phone calls i don't care... but i totally understand your position on affiliation... that is why i would understand if the Jews did not support IBM since they were the ones that automated the concentration camps...

GMO what do you know, cause I apparently don't know.... but if I'm right, then that would mean that I know... but if I'm wrong, I'd still be right, because I could have been right... dang you just don't quit... haha

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

So if anyone chooses to join a company owned by Rupert Murdoch, they are evil now?

If they knowingly contribute to the evil any company is doing then yes. Would you sweep the floors for a KKK meeting house?

If the SS officer commited a crime, he could be implicated. But he shouldn't be implicated simply because he was an SS officer.

Aiding and abetting a crime is just as bad as doing the crime.

Or is the pope an evil Hitler youth now? Some Hitler youth may have done bad things, but does that implicate them all?

Many were very young and ignorant. If they knew right from wrong but did wrong anyway what do you think?

All the man did was deny that it was the Monsanto crop's fault. Did he design them? No. Does he set company policy? No.

And all the Indian farmers did was take their anger out over the man who represented the company. Maybe he will be more careful about who he represents in the future.

I completely disagree with the hyperbole that Monsanto is "poisoning" the food supply.

I think your wrong. Their plants cross pollinate with non-GMO plants how do we protect our food from Monsanto's patented crops?
edit on 18-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

No, I am standing on the bridge, telling you to crawl under your bridge like a good little troll, and shut up or provide some research. I am asking you not to prolong this thread with your tennis-game, or at least to act more like an actual curious person, not an owned, soulless husk.

I am calling you out, thread-lengthener. Your posts (like the above) are vapid, and betray little thought.

I will answer your question however, because trolls melt when they feel sunlight, it's safer under your bridge...

The question you stupidly ask, "Is marketing now 'coercion'"? ...Actually, yes it is. Because "markets" as such, are complete and utterly controlled by politics and corporations. See, politics and corporations pretend to not be in collusion, but we can see that they are. So yes absolutely marketing (when combined with the lie of separation between state and golobocorps) is the most pure form of coercion but especially when there is an army of trolls to steer people away from conspiracy.

Conspiracy = fact. Shall I take pages and pages of your trollspace in this thread, to explain that? Evil corporations giving the cold shoulder to dead farmers = fact.

You'd have to have a heart, or a soul to research that. So we must let you off the hook and free you from participating usefully in this thread. Feel free to continue as your are: A total vacuum-y troll with nothing but a bridge to defend.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

But see, that just means ther's a double standard here. On one hand we are judging all Monsanto employees as deserving "bad karma"; on the other hand we don't apply the same standard to workers who may join a Rupert Murdoch owned company in the future. Introspection should reveal why: it is because of fear mostly, and hatred secondly. Mostly fear about GMO.

Glad someone is at least beginning to understand why I'm opposed to people beating up workers of Mondanto.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

If they knowingly contribute to the evil any company is doing then yes. Would you sweep the floors for a KKK meeting house?

that made me laugh and please 547000 would you?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

No, I am standing on the bridge, telling you to crawl under your bridge like a good little troll, and shut up or provide some research. I am asking you not to prolong this thread with your tennis-game, or at least to act more like an actual curious person, not an owned, soulless husk.

I am calling you out, thread-lengthener. Your posts (like the above) are vapid, and betray little thought.

I will answer your question however, because trolls melt when they feel sunlight, it's safer under your bridge...

The question you stupidly ask, "Is marketing now 'coercion'"? ...Actually, yes it is. Because "markets" as such, are complete and utterly controlled by politics and corporations. See, politics and corporations pretend to not be in collusion, but we can see that they are. So yes absolutely marketing (when combined with the lie of separation between state and golobocorps) is the most pure form of coercion but especially when there is an army of trolls to steer people away from conspiracy.

Conspiracy = fact. Shall I take pages and pages of your trollspace in this thread, to explain that? Evil corporations giving the cold shoulder to dead farmers = fact.

You'd have to have a heart, or a soul to research that. So we must let you off the hook and free you from participating usefully in this thread. Feel free to continue as your are: A total vacuum-y troll with nothing but a bridge to defend.

Accusing people of trolling is a silly thing to do, since I am not trolling. The title of this thread is "Monsanto official Beaten by farmers in India over Failed GMO Bt Cotton Seeds", and I disagree with the people chearing the beating up of employees and giving my reasons why. I am only replying to people who reply to me, so if people don't feel like discussing maybe they should stop replying to me?

Also I completely disagree with your premise that marketing is coercion. Would you honestly claim you were coerced into buying a product after buying the marketting hype?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11

I might if I needed the money. Would that make me a criminal?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11

I might if I needed the money. Would that make me a criminal?

You know people best by who they associate themselves with. You may not be a criminal but don't expect any respect from me or others.

And if you walk out of the KKK meeting house broom in hand and people opposing the KKK show up and beat you up for being a clan member? You gonna whine and cry saying your just the house help?
edit on 18-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

but you should also understand where we are coming from... the farmers basically put it like this

bunk seeds = beating of employee

and the whole rupert thing is like this

listen to phone calls = watergate

those are not double standards but rather different levels of priority with different punishment... monsanto basically robbed those farmers of their money... all that hard word for nothing... it's like somebody emptying out your bank account and sending their cousin to come check on you... while the latter is like somebody eaves dropping at your door and you catching them... who is going to get the worst of it... the cousin or the random person you found eaves dropping?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join