It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could it mean if we were Planet X ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So, this thought just happened to me. What IF there is no Niberoo hurtling through time and space towards us. What IF we are Niberoo? A long time ago, did not ancient civilizations believe that everything revolved around the sun? So in all the ancient references to this 26000 year orbit, could it not be that it is actually US, the Earth who is in fact hurtling towards our Nemesis. We could be travelling almost at the speed of light, our whole solar system could be. What would happen if our whole solar system were to travel at this sort of speed and intersect with another solar system in such a way that we then began to orbit around another planet. Would we then become planet Niburau? Would this be likely to cause earthquakes and volcano activity? Also if we were travelling at a very fast speed, say almost at the speed of light, would we experience time dilation? So while it seemed like millions of years to us, it was only years to the other populations who lived on planets in our twin solar system?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We travel through the universe at just over 1.5 million MPH....nowhere near as far as the speed of light

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

No, but what if we were speeding up, going faster and faster all the time, would we notice the difference? Not if the whole solar system was? Its all relative isnt it? how would we know?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HologramDenier

I love how you spelled NIBIRU like 20 different ways in one post!! Good job.....

Having said that, I don't suspect that the people who came up with the claim about Nibiru were talking about us, since our planet EARTH has a name and not planet X or Nibruooo, Neberoo,Niburu....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think I only mis spelled it twice, you know. But everyone knows what it refers to by now, so no harm done really, heh.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HologramDenier
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

No, but what if we were speeding up, going faster and faster all the time, would we notice the difference? Not if the whole solar system was? Its all relative isnt it? how would we know?

No we would notice....theres a massive difference between the speed we travel through the universe now and the speed of light.

Our solar system moves independent of the galaxy we reside in...theres lots of tests that can be used to see how fast we travel around the universe and galaxy.

If our solar system left our galaxy.....we would know about it

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What about if the whole galaxy were moving faster and faster? how would we know then?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

A long time ago, did not ancient civilizations believe that everything revolved around the sun? So in all the ancient references to this 26000 year orbit, could it not be that it is actually US, the Earth who is in fact hurtling towards our Nemesis.

Well, all the planets in our system DO orbit the sun. So are we to assume that all the ancient civilizations that predicted "planet x " (which is actually about zero if you do the research) are actually aliens from another planet that some how traveled through time AND space, to come live on earth to make these predictions?

Anyways, our solars ystem is moving about our Galaxy which is moving about the Universe, and eventually we will collide with another galaxy (Andromeda?). since our galaxy, and most others, aren't really THAT dense, would could survive it fine. We could also be annihilated.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Because we would be getting further away from other galaxies faster......im sure astronomers would notice the change in the stars and planets, as out galaxy moved the stars would change position.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What about if the whole galaxy were moving faster and faster? how would we know then?

By the movement of stars outside the galaxy...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

So we could actually be about to collide with another galaxy and be annihilated? could that be what is going to happen on December 21 2012? If that happened, how deep would the bunkers have to be, in order to survive?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So we could actually be about to collide with another galaxy and be annihilated? could that be what is going to happen on December 21 2012? If that happened, how deep would the bunkers have to be, in order to survive?

We are not "just about" to collide with andromeda haha. It will take millions if not billions of years to occur

Our galaxy is moving closer to andromeda.....on a collision course....in a few hundred million years time

EDIT: A bunker would do no good whatsoever lol....our planet would be ripped to pieces by the forces of gravitational pull....and runs a VERY high risk of hitting another planet
edit on 13-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It would become quite obvious if we were approaching another solar system. Especially at the speed to get there by December 21, 2012. The closest star to us is Proxima Centauri. It is 4.2 ly away and too faint to be seen with the naked eye. Even if astronomers missed all the other signs they would notice a new star appearing in the sky.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The bunker depth wouldnt matter if the bunkers were cookie cut out of Terra and sent elswhere

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
what is that suppose to mean? sure we're planet x.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Look, I just found this:-
curious.astro.cornell.edu...
It states that galaxies could be travelling at the speed of light or faster! So if we were both travelling towards each other faster than the speed of light, we could actually hit them before we even noticed the position of the stars changed!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
but the question could be do we know what we know is correct? Are the methods in finding out our scientific facts correct? do we understand physics or apply laws to what we observe? i love this site and its given me a great deal of insight and information and as i progress from theory to theory i must ask my self who is right ? what is the source of the information? and what is my opinion? Ats is a site that revolves around getting the information to the masses.but how do we differentiate which information is right when we all get our information from the governments and departments that we do not trust ? rumssfeld said it best when "there are known knowns and known un knowns " blah blah blah im not sure i agree with the initial thread to be honest but i like the fact that its outside the box again what thats what this place is for isnt it?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcalibur254

Look, I just found this:-
curious.astro.cornell.edu...
It states that galaxies could be travelling at the speed of light or faster! So if we were both travelling towards each other faster than the speed of light, we could actually hit them before we even noticed the position of the stars changed!

We are all going in the SAME direction.....its not like its random or anything.

We are becoming further away from our position in the universe....everything else is expanding at the same rate...in the same outward direction.

The UNIVERSE is expanding at near light speed not the galaxies....this is why everything is going the same direction....outwards.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

For one the galaxies are not actually moving at the speed of light. They appear to be moving at the speed of light. If a galaxy is moving half the speed of light in one direction and the another galaxy is moving half the speed of light in another direction, it will appear that they are moving at the speed of light away from each other. Furthermore, it states for this to be true, the galaxies must be at least 4200 megaparsecs away from each other. This translates to 13698567860 ly. So it will still be quite apparent when a galaxy was approaching this fast. Furthermore, the closer it got the slower it would appear to be going, so eventually it would be going slower than the speed of light.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What about if one of the galaxies was inside of a giagantic black hole? we would not see any light from it at all until we collided with it. Then we might get sucked down inside the black hole so fast that all the planets would break free from their orbits. It would be like throwing a handful of marbles inside of a small sack. What would happen then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join