It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could it mean if we were Planet X ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

We are not "just about" to collide with andromeda haha. It will take millions if not billions of years to occur

Our galaxy is moving closer to andromeda.....on a collision course....in a few hundred million years time

Andromeda will sideswipe us in a mere two billion years! It is not clear whether Andromeda will pass by, pulling out a tail of material (including perhaps the Sun) or if the two galaxies will coalesce into a single large egg shaped galaxy that is already being called "Milkomeda" by trendy astronomers. That's all the time we've got! OMG! Time to start another apocalypse thread!
www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HologramDenier
What about if one of the galaxies was inside of a giagantic black hole? we would not see any light from it at all until we collided with it. Then we might get sucked down inside the black hole so fast that all the planets would break free from their orbits. It would be like throwing a handful of marbles inside of a small sack. What would happen then?

I think you need to brush up on some information....then you might have an idea about how the universe and our galaxy interact etc

I will just add, we would notice a black hole if there was one drifting into our solar system.....and galaxies cannot hide inside a black hole

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

We are not "just about" to collide with andromeda haha. It will take millions if not billions of years to occur

Our galaxy is moving closer to andromeda.....on a collision course....in a few hundred million years time

Andromeda will sideswipe us in a mere two billion years! It is not clear whether Andromeda will pass by, pulling out a tail of material (including perhaps the Sun) or if the two galaxies will coalesce into a single large egg shaped galaxy that is already being called "Milkomeda" by trendy astronomers. That's all the time we've got! OMG! Time to start another apocalypse thread!
www.scientificamerican.com...

Indeed, i remember seeing a program about it a few weeks ago. Just couldnt remember the timescale properly lol.

Im pretty sure the OP is pretty young and naive to this sort of thing, so that would explain the fear and misunderstanding lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well at least give the OP credit for posting it. I mean, at least the OP is thinking and not mind numbed watching some reality show, at least for the time to post. So, I think a star is in order at least for that. I dont know if it was a serious post or one to just start a post, but got 2 pages of replies didnt it?

Maybe thats why its called planet X, noone could figure out what to name it or how to spell it so they just said heck with it and called it X. Like sign next to the X.

I dont find the reasoning to be valid, but I do keep an open mind. When it was suggested the world wasnt flat, but round. Well, you get my point. For me anyway, a star from me for at least the OP using their brain to think of something instead of being stuck in front of a boob tube. Could of been doing both at the same time, but at least some of it was thinking.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I am not sure I agree that you could not fit a galaxy inside of a black hole! How do you prove that the whole universe is not trapped inside of some amazingly huge black hole? Sounds plausible to me. How about if existence is made of an infinite number of these such black holes, each with a universe inside of it. How does that grab ya?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

When galaxies collide, solar systems don't necessarily get destroyed. Things are very far apart. Think of a comet entering the inner solar system, it has negligible effect on planets it may closely approach, if anything it would be the death of the comet, unless it impacts a planet with life on it, it could 'take out' a lot of life on that planet temporarily, temporarily in a cosmic timescale. The natural lifespan of our sun will kill us before Andromeda will.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
No, not unless the Earth fell out of it's orbit and we never realized it.

That is the problem with your idea. The earth is stuck in an orbit around the sun. And.... While the sun does move a very little bit further from the sun each year, it is hardly enough to say that we are about to spin out of control and run into a planet.

I think we would have noticed if we were headed towards another planet.
edit on 13-7-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

When galaxies collide, solar systems don't necessarily get destroyed.

Yes, yes. I was joking... although... maybe I should start an OMG! thread... Bound to be stars and flags in that one....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join