It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lizard has problem-solving skills - One step forward for reptilian believers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Lizard has problem-solving skills

BBC News A vibrant green tree-dwelling lizard has surprised scientists with its mental prowess by succeeding in a problem-solving test. The tropical lizard Anolis evermanni was able to associate the colour of a disc with a food reward - flipping over the correct disc to reveal a worm secreted underneath. The results, published in the Royal Society journal Biology Letters, suggest that reptiles are more intelligent than previously thought.
If you imagine a planet far far away where reptiles have been evolving for millions of years longer than we have. Perhaps Billions. Then it isn't illogical to speculate on the possibility of an alien reptile race who are perhaps a lot more advanced than we currently are. Mathematics suggest that there are a bounty of other planets capable of producing life in our galaxy alone, let alone in our universe. Or in the potential bounty of other universes outside of our own which has been seriously considered and accepted by some.

People like David icke can often ruin the essence of a very feasible idea by throwing their own controversial or sometimes even crazy twist on it. If we look into ancient mythology and accept that a lot of mythology may have some truth in it, then we can see the following:
- Extra terrestrials may have been the cause of a lot of the religious ideology in ancient mythology.
- When ancient civilisations refer to their deities as star gods from the heavens, they could very well have meant this literally as beings from another planet, the stars.
- There is a lot of mythology surrounding reptiles/snakes, suggesting that if some of these deities were infact extra terrestrial then perhaps some were intelligent reptilian beings.

All speculation of course but entirely feasible in my opinion. And with this story perhaps die hard reptilian believers will have one little shred more evidence to suggest some truth in their often flaky theories.

BBC News
-TechUnique
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Pretty cool. I can believe there are reptillian aliens out there.. I just can't believe that they also shapeshift, and happen to be in a lot of places of power like AJ seems to think. None the less, cool find!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Bad science.

Now if the lizard had cotton balls in his nose and mouth taped shut and approached from upwind while a fan kept it from smelling the reward......that would be something.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

If you [color=E0FFFF]imagine a planet far far away where reptiles have been evolving for millions of years longer than we have. Perhaps Billions.
That is the beauty of imagination.
While imagining, anything and everything is possible.

Right now, I am imagining a giant planet that is controlled by 40 foot rats, who have Humans locked up in cages for scientific experiments.

Originally posted by TechUnique

Then it isn't illogical to speculate on the possibility of an alien reptile race who are perhaps a lot more advanced than we currently are.
Logical or not, it is still an extremely large leap, to jump from-

'[color=57E964]A vibrant green tree-dwelling lizard' who remembers finding a tasty meal under the [color=SkyBlue]pretty blue thing....... TO .... [color=B1FB17]Shape-Shifting Form-Altering Lizard-Men who are secretly controlling the entire Earth, all the way from The White House and down to the center of this rock's [color=E55451]molten core.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd92
P I just can't believe that they also shapeshift, and happen to be in a lot of places of power like AJ seems to think.

That is exactly the reason why pro reptilians say that the one who shape shift are an hybrid race, a mix between a pure reptilian and human. To what degree I can't say considering my lack of knowledge on the subject. This is also highly speculative to not start a total new debate. I just tought I should bring this into the conversation as a possibility.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Thats pretty interesting, but if there is a planet of reptilians out there then there will also be dolphinians, felinians maybe some bovinians.

Life finds a way.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I dun get it. They can act like us or like better? I'm sorry but I've been gone for some a while so I don't really keep up with news.

join