It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if SHTF, will there even be a general election in 2012.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Can anyone tells me what happens to the general election in 2012 if we have a sh*t hits the fan scenario before then?

Please don't tell me Obama will have the power to postpone elections during emergency management or unforseen scenarios.

I just thought about this considering everything that is going on.

What other things would this conjure up if he was the last president of the USA?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

Probably not as the country will be under marshall law and the constitution will have been suspended. This can happen in any "national emergency" as determined by the President.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
i still dont know what SHTF is,care to tell me?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

when anything you heard could happen that is really bad. War, cosmic, nuclear or nature.

google it.

edit on 13-7-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Dear MasterAndrew

If the SHTF you will be lucky if there is ever another general election in your life time.

However that may not be a long time.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man

Probably not as the country will be under marshall law and the constitution will have been suspended. This can happen in any "national emergency" as determined by the President.

when would he have to lift the suspension in this case? Or is the script to a new movie?

Plus I'm not American, it's just a thought I had while reading this.
Obama Thread

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
When he determines the threat has passed.

Lincoln destroyed the Constitution during the Civil War. Not literally but he did suspend parts of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
Please don't tell me Obama will have the power to postpone elections during emergency management or unforseen scenarios.

Yes, he can. Look up NSPD 51... it pretty much states that in the time of a "national emergency", the president can suspend elections, take control of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches, and pretty much declare himself dictator until the crisis is over.

The best part is that the president is the one that declares the emergency.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/13/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Yeah I say "please don't" in agreence to this. Like you got to be kidding me, is this what we are in for type thing. Just hoping he couldn't. I have asked this because I didn't know if he could or not.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Sh**-Hits-The-Fan

top topics

join