It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17yr old sells kidney to buy latest IPad?!?!?! then regrets it?!?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Source

Well this is one hell of a bizarr story!!!

"I wanted to buy an iPad 2 but could not afford it," said the boy surnamed Zheng in Huaishan City. "A broker contacted me on the Internet and said he could help me sell one kidney for 20,000 yuan."

I can't believe they can even allow a 17 yr old to sell their own kidney.. its just wrong in so many ways.

Your thoughts peoples?

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Thanks for posting this. If this is indeed true, it shows you how "Grand" our consumerist society. Makes you want it so bad you'll sell a kidney. I know, survival of the fittest, right? Well it's hard to have clarity and proper judgment when you're bombarded with backwards programming since the day you were born.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You didnt search....this is OLD news.

If you had of searched you would find numerous posts already on this.

Who wouldnt regret selling a kidney for an ipad haha

link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

This boy is subject to what I like to call "Mass Influence".

A trend in a social circle that puts pressure on the individuals within the circle to obtain an object / idea in demand.

link   
I blame the kid for his own stupidity. I don't care if he's only 17, he should have more common sense then to sell a body part to buy a 'fad' that will only become outdated in 6 months.

Our species is actually getting stupider by the day.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Theoretician

Why is it that i cannot see any of your details on this page??? Everyone else has Location...Mood...etc yours is missing?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
hahah this world is completely sane! This world has become so materialistic and the people are to that they will sacrifice organs and risk health just to own a piece of crap that will probably be outdated within a year or two?...
Hey we get what we want don't we?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xacto
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Thanks for posting this. If this is indeed true, it shows you how "Grand" our consumerist society. Makes you want it so bad you'll sell a kidney. I know, survival of the fittest, right? Well it's hard to have clarity and proper judgment when you're bombarded with backwards programming since the day you were born.

You grew up in Anhui province, China?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
At 17 he's old enough to know that selling a kidney is a bad idea. It's a lot less sad if you read it this way;

"Idiot kid saves man's life"

Some guy bought a kidney for just over $3,300 USD. Lucky break, I'd say.
edit on 7/12/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would sell a kidney for cash, but I would not take less than twenty grand for it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Steve Jobs should design him a brand spanking new ikidney.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Actually i think the kid can now take his case too the United Nations,, and have the contract invalidated,, at which point the purchaser , must return said chatel/kidney,, of course if the kid had a 1 year satisfaction guaranteed or cheerfully refunded policy in his deal for the ipod,, well,,, lets hope he had a good lawyer,, eh.

Me.
edit on 12-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadys321
I blame the kid for his own stupidity. I don't care if he's only 17, he should have more common sense then to sell a body part to buy a 'fad' that will only become outdated in 6 months.

Outdated in 6 months? The iPad was outdated the moment it came off the drawing board! It's a collection of old components you'd find in a PC from ten years back with a touchscreen and wifi, packaged in a nice Apple branded shell and sold to morons for £500 who believe they are buying something new.

Agreed!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
Steve Jobs should design him a brand spanking new ikidney.

And market it as an iPee

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Soo you start a thread about another mindless adolescent?
hmmm,.
a teenager, although has a brain,. does not have the ability to effectively use it
why the surprise?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I know he's a young kid and all but couldn't he have gotten more than $3400? Did he think the IPad would have an app to get his kidney back?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I would sell a kidney for cash, but I would not take less than twenty grand for it.

Kidneys, like the brain, lack the regenerative/healing capabilities of most other organs in the body. So after certain types of illness or injury, they might not fully heal.

There's a popular misconception that people have an extra one that we simply don't need, and I don't think it should be viewed that way.

edit on 12-7-2011 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

You're right. Selling a kidney in your 20's for X amount of dollars might seem like a good idea now, but you may regret it if you ever get into an accident or get a disease that leaves your remaining kidney useless.

I'll keep my two... unless someone in my family were to need a transplant, then I'd gladly give one up.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

wrong, the variety grows with the population so stupidity grows in the same ratio as intelligence
but \because stupidity was bigger to begin with its growing faster

and to that kid, you should have sold your whole body

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why is this on above top secret ? Is this a conspiracy ?
To be honest, if your making this kind of thread on this website your subjected to be discussion in the future on the same matter. Be easy... and buy a iPad...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join