It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF gives guns to cartels then forces gun shops near Mexico to report gun sales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What a brilliant plan.

US requires gun shops in 4 states on Mexican border to report on buyers of high-powered rifles

In an effort to stem the illicit flow of weapons into Mexico, the Justice Department announced Monday that all gun shops in four Southwest border states will be required to alert the federal government to frequent buyers of high-powered rifles.

States should tell the feds to go off themselves. I mean... this is just way too obvious.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The best part of this is that the White House rejected a proposal earlier this year to do this very thing:

The Office of Management and Budget notified the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives last week that its request to require gun stores in four border states to report the multiple sales of certain long guns favored by Mexican cartels did not constitute an emergency under the law.

www.standard.net...

I guess they just didnt want a bunch of ATF forced sales to straw purchasers to get reported then but now that the ATF is done killing people and arming cartels (done for the time being anyway) it's okay to start reporting multiple sales?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
They need to do something. The war between the Zetas and the Gulf Cartel is sick. I think these groups are even more dangerous than Al Queerda.

Just bing the images of their handywork. The FEDs need to up the anty even more. These groups have no fear of death and enjoy killing and it is beyond disgusting.

More needs to be done, if I had it my way we would find their hideouts and drop a nuke on them bastards. I've never seen a group so evil. It is almost impossible to go to Mexico without having a high risk of getting shot for no reason at all. You may even get put inside a barrel and burned for a laugh.

I've followed their actions, this gun thing ain't just is not enough.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yep... and this whole thing was funded with the democrats ``stimulus plan``... with the full backing of Holder and Obama.

So to all the deniers out there, just TRY to tell me that Obama is not anti-gun... just FREAKING TRY.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
The FEDs need to up the anty even more. These groups have no fear of death and enjoy killing and it is beyond disgusting.

You mean sell them more guns?

The FEDs are the ones selling and smuggling and in some instances just giving them the guns.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I guess I should have used another term, I'm kinda in a rush, I mean do something in a way that takes them out, I mean I think thats what needs to be none but I know it won't be. I don't think these gun '' fast and furious '' things are working, cause their getting GUNS still for Gods sake.

Again, Im kinda rushing and sometimes type ahead of thought. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Who says those guns being sold aren't being tracked?

The majority of ATS believes the government wants to to track them, maybe, just maybe the government is tracking people, Mexican drug cartels, which will give information of their movements and locations...

Has anyone bothered to think about it that way?

edit on 12/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What if they were? The ATF doesnt have any ability to go into Mexico and arrest Mexicans. The best they could do is pass it on to the Mexican authorities.

Besides, drug-running, murdering, bribing cartels. We really needed one more thing to get them on? Why not write them some parking tickets and claim they didnt pick up after their dog too?

And lets not forget the people who were murdered with the FED sold guns.

Really good strategy/investigation they've got going. Really good.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

OHH man how hypocritical can they get !?!

Deputy Attorney General James Cole said the new reporting measure will improve the ATF's ability to disrupt illegal weapons trafficking networks that funnel firearms to criminal organizations
Like the dealers calling in the buys during the Gunrunner debacle? The dealers the ATF told to sell the guns to straw buyers? Like the cluster@$% didn't encourage the illegal sales? They are trying to spin this to make it look like they accomplished something. They have not! Sounds a little premature to assume the ATF is going to still be in operation with these Congressional investigations. And since when does the Justice dept just make new laws? Oh and like this is true.

Rep. Elijah Cummings, the ranking Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said the new policy "is exactly what ATF agents on the ground told Congress — that reporting multiple sales of military-grade assault weapons is a crucial tool to identify and disrupt Mexican drug cartels engaged in gun trafficking
Military grade assault rifles? Really? Civilians cannot legally acquire military grade weapons without a special license. Semi auto is not military grade. But to the ignorant this will sound like they actually did something.
Yea and wasn't it interference from the top that the agents blamed and not the stores?

new topics

top topics

join