It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Restaurant Bans Children Under 6

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
Your arguments are so flawed it's beginning to be comical.

1. It's his private property - So I guess you would have no problem if the owner sat down next to you and started masturbating? After all, it is HIS private property, he can "do what he wants".

2. Kids are ALL unruly - Anyone can be unruly and annoying, so why are you singling out a specific group? Why not just say "Black people are criminals and Mexicans are border jumpers"?

3. Just don't go to this restaurant - You fail to see my point. I am not arguing this because I wanna take kids to this place... I'm saying it is BLATANT discrimination no different that if he was to say no blacks, cripples, or Asians.

edit on 7/11/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

so you have no problem with a child molester coming into your house and spending the night right?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
so you have no problem with a child molester coming into your house and spending the night right?

Now this is getting ridiculous.

This is a private residence not open to the public, a restaurant is open to the public.. I wouldn't let anyone I don't know walk into my house and crash on the couch.

So you would be fine if the restaurant owner shot you in the chest for breaking and entering as soon as you walked in during business hours?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I do not have any problem with this at all.

Dining should be a relaxing enjoyable experience.

I took my children to family restaurants on off hours - - - had them do their own ordering off the regular menu - - - which could not be hamburgers and fries.

Can't tell you how many waitresses have tried to talk them out of ordering Lobster.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Now this is getting ridiculous.

This is a private residence not open to the public, like a restaurant is. I wouldn't let anyone I don't know walk into my house and crash on the couch.
you are wrong its private property, you have no constitutional right to enter it most places have a right to refuse sign posted.

So you would be fine if the restaurant owner shot you in the chest for breaking and entering as soon as you walked in during business hours?
No, i would not be fine with that, that is a violation of a natural right to life.
edit on 11-7-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

you are wrong its private property, you have no constitutional right to enter it most places have a right to refuse sign posted.

I never said the restaurant wasn't private property... and a restaurant can refuse service only if it's isn't because of skin color, race, gender, or nationality, because it is illegal to do so. Children aren't protected by this law, so discriminating against them is somehow okay or acceptable?

No, i would not be fine with that, that is a violation of a natural right to life.

I don't think you understood what I meant, and I refuse to try and explain it to you.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Twisted1

I miss those places...the old barrel of peanuts...darn..

CJ

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Adyta and couple others start to look like real retards... Tell you a tale, I work at 3 hotels doing night shifts, 2 times a week on each one, 6 days a week. Now, one of them has the best rule for a hotel since sliced bread: no one under 14 allowed. Now guess what, all 3 hotels are full, but, the nicest one? Guess you can make that out yourself...If you dont like the rules dont go in there, simple as that, if you feel your rights are being alienated, you should really look again at the patriot act...

Trying to make the resto owner look bad or as hes misbehaving for wanting to have a better resto is not going to work...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I never said the restaurant wasn't private property... and a restaurant can refuse service only if it's isn't because of skin color, race, gender, or nationality, because it is illegal to do so. Children aren't protected by this law, so discriminating against them is somehow okay or acceptable?

I don't think you understood what I meant, and I refuse to try and explain it to you.

com mon dude, give it up.

your analogy's have been ridiculous.

edit on 11-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

All you are trying to do is make all of us look like gutless bastards, but heres the thing, I dont want to have my meals ruined by someone elses spoiled brat, I chose not to have children for a reason, who are you (or your spoiled brats) to deter me from going to a resto? I say this guy has a very bright future for his resto, imo

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

This is a private residence not open to the public, a restaurant is open to the public.. I

You very much said it was public
And yes I understand what you are saying, and I have made it clear, you should be able to do whatever you want on your property as long as it doesn't violates another's life, liberty or property

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink
Adyta and couple others start to look like real retards... .

Originally posted by fooks
com mon dude, give it up.

your analogy's have been ridiculous.

My analogy's have been ridiculous? At least I type in a way that gets my point across in a way that easy to read and understand... Look at your post on page 3. THAT is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

The point you are making with these examples are pretty ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well here comes the swarm of "white name no avatar"s, with their brilliant arguments of "You're retarded / wrong / dumb!111!1".

I'm done with this thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

"
I never said the restaurant wasn't private property... and a restaurant can refuse service only if it's isn't because of skin color, race, gender, or nationality, because it is illegal to do so. Children aren't protected by this law, so discriminating against them is somehow okay or acceptable?"

duh! lol, you just killed anything you were trying to say.

plenty of kid friendly places out there.

you want dover sole and veal chops with morels with the kids, get a private room or leave them at home.

don't bring the hyper brats while it costs me a couple hundred to eat for 2 of us.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Well here comes the swarm of "white name no avatar"s, with their brilliant arguments of "You're retarded / wrong / dumb!111!1".

I'm done with this thread.

So you think that a random picture would make a difference?
You have an avatar, you must be cool...
I already outlined why you are grasping straws...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Just so you know they dont have to give a reason. So they could think i don't like the looks of this purple guy here. ask him to leave and not give a reason or just make a legal one up.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

You're right. You are absolutely on point with this topic because I lack an avatar.. Look at the post. You have four pages of people who disagree with you. I do not care if someone shows up on here without a central nervous system and disagrees with you, there is nothing you can say or argue that will change the minds of four pages of people. With your fancy avatar.....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Right i cannot beleive this thread has continued four for pages of some people using a counter argument of "what next gay, black, fat"

this is some of the most ridiculous stuff i have ever heard....

Yeah i apologise its late here and i really shouldnt be at work
i shall adjust:

Essentially the parents are accountable for the children, not the children,

so its not discrimination and they dont have the same rights as a Black/Gay/Fat adult that may be discriminted against,

just like they dont have the same laws applied to them either.

This thread shouldnt be continued because im pretty certain no one that is arguing thinks that a child should be tried for causing social unrest in a resteraunt... if i were to shout scream run around throw things and cry i would be held accountable under law? so if you dont think a child should be held accountable you cant argue they have the same rights as adults!!

the owner of the establishment should (and in the uk does) have the right to deny service without reason its his choice to server you in his restraunt

edit on 12-7-2011 by GonzoSinister because: too tired

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

What is almost as ridiculous as this thread is whatever you just posted. I am completely lost in... that.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Someone posted an age discrimination arguement I think that the age of 6 was only a general guideline as to the potential for misbehavior.

I'm no lawyer but as far true age discrimination goes I believe you have to be an adult (over 18 or 21 depending on the state) for that to have any teeth.

How would you react to a 30 year od having a 14 year old gorlfriend and when charged with stauatory rape pull out th 'age discrimination' card. Not that that would happen now but once one domino falls the rest go too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join