It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Restaurant Bans Children Under 6

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A Restaurant owner should be able to allow smoking or not in his restaurant. If people don't like it they can go elsewhere.

Same goes for 6 year olds and TSA agents ...

Restaurant owners should be able to ban 6 year olds and the TSA agents who grope them!

townhall.com ...
edit on 13-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So there I was, just this last Saturday.
Trying to enjoy a nice meal with my Girlfriend, and my Son who happens to be 11.
Not some fancy restaurant mind you, just a common family buffet type of establishment.

Behind me in the booth were two totally misbehaving brats and an obviously overwhelmed Mom.
I'd say they were about 10, maybe 11.
I heard her repeat to them many times to stop playing, stop horsing around.
I was ignoring them, not wanting to cause a ruckus as most people with any decency are wont to do.

My Son looked up at me and said. "Dad, somebody just spit a spit-wad into my plate. Look, it landed on my mashed potatoes."
I looked at the offending spit-wad, and my Son's now green face. He had lost his appetite.
I told him to set his plate to the side, and to just go get another one from the buffet.

All the while the two miscreants behind me were hollering, causing chaos, and shooting their mother with spit-wads.

She was so flustered.

I turned around, and kindly asked the boy with the straw and the napkin if this spit-wad on my Son's plate belonged to him.
His eyes got as wide as saucers, and his brother immediately put his straw and napkin on his plate.
Their mother, was apologetic (poor thing) telling them "I told you to quit. See? You should have listened!"

I asked him if he would like it back, perhaps. I placed the spit-wad into a napkin, and gave it to him.

He never said a word, just had the look of fear, and shock in his eyes.

I turned back around and started eating my meal again. My son returned shortly after, and noticed that the entire table behind us had left, in a hurry mind you. I never even heard a peep.

Children are all different. Some can handle going to a restaurant and being polite, some cannot.
Ultimately, it's really HOW the parents raise their children that should be criticized.

If this restaurant owner decides that children under 6 are not welcome, then I believe that is his right.

I've personally seen children run unchecked between tables, hollering, throwing things, bumping into other people, and causing waitresses to drop the plates, or fully cooked meals.

The cries of discrimination on here are totally unfounded. Age is a state of being, not a race.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LrBc1275

Ijust had to reply to you're comment. LOVE IT and yeah that star is mine.

I think a smart buisness owner would cater to both ends of the spectrum.
Maybe a resturant that has a closed off, sound proof daycare inside.
You pay 20 bucks per a kid and their meal is included.
Then Mommy and DADDY and the rest of civilization can enjoy a peaceful meal.

But to make the whole world kid free is a lil much. Sorry but if you go to a place with a kids zone, You knew what you were walking into. Same rule for us applies to you too. You dont like it walk along. Not only that but we all know the best food is the lil hole in the wall joints.

About smoking, I am a smoker and very respectful about it. If I am out in the open and someone walks by I will move so the smoke doesnt bother them.
But we have rights too. Once again have a cut off room with a heavy duty ventalaztion system.
There fore we all are treated fare. Not really that hard.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
well, mum keeps telling a story about me and her in a shopping mall when i was so around 4-5. supposedly (i don't remember) i must've flipped out in the middle of the mall, screaming like crazy and stomping my feet on the ground apparently for something i asked her to buy and she refused. she says she slapped me on the cheek so hard that i was dazed and went silent in a second. and a lady standing next to her must've had a deep breath and said to mum: "gosh, ma'am, you're brilliant, now that serves her right!"

well? well.
edit on 13-7-2011 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

How is this different than "We don't them thar negros in OUR restaurants!" or "NO JEWS" outside of restaurants in Nazi Germany?

We are not talking about racial discrimination, this is discrimination because modern children are mostly loud brats because of a lack of discipline.

There are plenty of family restaurants to take the kids along, if you want a nice adult quiet meal at an adult restaurant then hire a babysitter.

This is no harm no foul.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I will be glad when people realise that discrimination is not a crime, for the most part immoral and stupid, but it is not a crime. The only ones who should not be allowed to discriminate is the government. I think we would be better off. Perhaps perhaps evolution will start working again on the human race.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
I will be glad when people realise that discrimination is not a crime, for the most part immoral and stupid, but it is not a crime. The only ones who should not be allowed to discriminate is the government. I think we would be better off. Perhaps perhaps evolution will start working again on the human race.

Thank you! I was thinking of saying something similar earlier, but decided not to, as I did not want wrongfully accused of condoning stupidity.

Everyone has the right to have their own thoughts, opinions, prejudices, etc. for or toward anyone or anything. Now, the thought is not a crime. Actions that can stem from those thoughts could be crimes, especially if they lead to violence. But the thought behind the crime should never be punished. That's why "hate crimes" should be classified as unconstitutional. If someone beats me up because they don't like overweight white guys that work in the IT industry and another guy beats me up just because, both have committed assault. One did not committed "hate" assault. When we start punishing motives and not actions, we're in a lot of trouble.

A business owner should be able to say who can and cannot enter his or her business. Like I said in the previous post, that business owner may be signing the death certificate of that business if they discriminate, but it is still his or her choice.

I am also in agreement when you say that the government should be the only ones not allowed to discriminate. I also feel like smoking bans should only be allowed, by way of a vote of the people, in governmental facilities.

I think our society has advanced enough to understand that discriminating based on race, gender, etc. would probably be grounds to boycott a business. But hey, if the business owner wants to make a financially stupid decision, go right ahead! I'm sure the competition wouldn't mind one bit.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

well to be fair, a lot of idols on the east coast are say, the jersey shore wastes of life and housewives of new jersey or whatever.

and i can actually say i've been up and down the east coast. i suppose you think kids here in cali take a surf board to get to school too?
edit on 17-7-2011 by Hardstepah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I can see where this restaraunt owner is coming from and where he is going.

It is his privately owned business and his decisions are final. If he wants to this so that his customers who are there to enjoy a nice meal, then let him do whatever he wants since he owns the place. People who go out to eat do not want to have to deal with the sound of a child crying or throwing a tantrum just because they did not get what they wanted. People do not want to hear a child being loud while they sit down to eat. Yeah, he going to have people complain and he may lose some business because of it. However, he is doing what he knows is right and he is doing it for good reasons. I mean I would not want to have a child screaming at the top of their lungs while I'm trying to sit down and eat a nice meal that I paid for.

To the poster that said that they would want to see their local Mickey D's do the same and ban obnoxious children. That would be a bad idea for McDonalds to make that kind of decision. Half of McDonald's advertisements were geared towards children when they first started producing the commercials. That way those kids of twenty to thirty years ago would become life long customers of McDonalds further on down the road. So to say that McDonalds should ban kids under the age of six from their stores wouldn't really mean anything. I mean McDonalds makes enough money just off of adults ordering food there. Then again, that would take away about one third to forty percent of their yearly sales away.

Before I forget................
The customer is not always right when it comes to certain things!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
If a kid is causing a disturbance, ask the parents and child to leave. Don't ban the entire age group.
edit on 7/11/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

I get what you are saying, Adyta, I really do. But once the kid has caused the disturbance, the damage is done and the meal for other people is tarnished at that point.

There are hundreds of places where you can take your children to eat, we're talking about one joint that's for adults. It doesn't mean that every restaurant in existance will become kid-free zones. I just doesn't.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Need I go on about the oh so behaved and civilized adults?

No. Because we are talking about children, not adults.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Sadly, after the nazi remark all you did was proof that you are much dumber than what we expected.
Congratulations, or not...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join