It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin: A Different Perspective

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Is Comet Elenin an incoming spacecraft heralding a New Age?

I realize ATS has been inundated with threads relating to Elenin. But after reading the above article I found today, I was left with the cliche thought of an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I understand there are many believers on ATS that Elenin is one of the biggest coverups of all time. And this thread is not a dis on you.

But from where I'm sitting, I do indeed see a possibly massive disinformation campaign. And it involves some parties who I believe may have an agenda that I'm not so sure is benevolent, or their own. Lets look at some of the participants. And a few quotes.

Kerry Cassidy
Richard Hoagland
Dr Joseph Farrell
Keith Hunter
Dr Carl Johan Calleman
Andy Lloyd

Comet Elenin is generating powerful gravity disruption technologies indicative of one or more interstellar spacecraft travelling towards Earth.

Hoagland began the conference with a succinct presentation on the significance of Elenin's orbit, and why this pointed to it being either an artificial object under intelligent control (an ancient spacecraft) or a natural body (a comet) that has been deliberately launched on an artificial orbit.

Hunter clamed that Elenin is a small mass that could do something unusual if caught up in powerful harmonic configurations. Hunter's most important contribution was to point out the relationship between seismic activity and planetary configurations.

The main conference organizer, Kerry Cassidy, revealed that a number of anonymous whistleblowers had revealed that Elenin is a piloted spacecraft, and in fact was being trailed by a fleet of spacecraft. Hoagland claims that he has been confidentially told similarly by other whistleblowers of the artificial nature of Elenin. Dr Joseph Farrell agreed and claimed that Elenin was either an artificial object (controlled spacecraft) or a natural object placed in an artificial orbit.

I am not a scientist, and have no extant knowledge to prove or disprove the official story from experts in this field. Nor can I definitively prove or disprove the science behind these peoples claims. I do however firmly believe that if Elenin were an ELE, we would not be made aware of it. And no amount of whistleblowing from those on the "inside" would have a noticeable impact on public perception. Considering also that the public has almost nil awareness that Elenin even exists.

One thing I, as a less than knowledgeable observer of all the "facts" floating around. And the consistent debates regarding this issue can do, is look at who benefits from both sides of this phenomena.

The people presenting this conference could benefit in a variety of ways. But I'll only give a few that stand out to me. Those in the above list obviously have a financial interest in Elenin, and stand to collect considerable dividends from Elenin and other theories over the short and long run. Book sales, more conferences, speaking invitations, website hits, are a few examples. And if one were so inclined, a circumstantial case could be made for them being shills put in place to fearmonger a minority of the population. Or at the very least to twist and sensationalize an otherwise mundane phenomenon. (Except for those of us who enjoy these mundane phenomena)

Putting aside those who stand to make money from this. What about our governments? Is there a benefit for them on either side of this issue other than what I have already mentioned above as possibilities? Honestly, I can only see minor advantages. Again remembering that the public awareness of this is infinitessimal. You might make another circumstantial case for creating division among a small percentage of the population known as Conspiracy theorists. You might even make a case for diversion away from other phenomena.

But by now, those on both sides of this issue have probably thought of many other scenarios that haven't even crossed my mind. And I would like to hear them.

Who really benefits from Elenin on either side of this issue?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
richard hoagland also thinks the martian moon phobos is an ancient alien space craft... i would take what he say's with a pinch of salt...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Surely NASA can aim a high powered telescope at Elenin and settle the debate once and for all!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Didn't you know every object in the solar system is artificial? In fact space itself is artificial. It's all merely a giant TV set and we're all on a reality show. On topic, this is even more far fetched than the other theories. It's merely cashing in on the buzzword that Elenin has become. In order for this to be true you have to throw out all of the "evidence" that the Planet X/Niburu believers have presented. However, if you do that then you have gotten rid of everything that made people think this comet was anomalous in the first place.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Surely NASA can aim a high powered telescope at Elenin and settle the debate once and for all!

But some of the people that subscribe to the Elenin conspiracy theories would not trust anything released by NASA...

You don't still believe that evidence really matters in this field, do you?!?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 11-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

REPEAT but why not?????????
Yes show us its beautiful changing colors as it dashes past each sphere with different mineral components... from purple to green

edit on 7/11/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The only reason for the government to push the elenin agenda IMO would be a psy -op ...to distract us from something else

like ?? asteroid YU55 ?? economic collapse ?? Who knows

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It's passing right by Stereo B on it's way in. Goodbye Stereo B.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If Elenin is a spaceship, its one hell of a slow spaceship. And besides, if they were going to conquer us anyway, they would have hit lightspeed and got here already...
edit on 11-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
If Elenin is a spaceship, its one hell of a slow spaceship.

Unless on cruise controll to enjoy the solarsystems current species development.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

But they're not pushing any agenda. The only reason this comet has become such a big deal is because of conspiracy theorists. If they were using this as a psy-op don't you think it would be mentioned on the news or something? Instead it is only mentioned on conspiracy and astronomy websites. Most people don't even know it and 2005 YU55 exist. All the fear that has come in regards to Elenin is coming strictly from the conspiracy theorists. I fail to see how people are able to blame the government for this.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If you've listened to guys like Hoagland over the years on outlets like coasttocoastam you see a pattern of promises of big news coming based on their inside information. But it never comes. Undisclosed sources are, well invisible. Usually nothing ever comes of such sources.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Apokalypsis

I think it's very possible our ancestors coming back, either to eat us as we've been harvesting along for 3600 yrs and now we're being marinaded with GMO foods to taste better,

Or to see how their experiment went! either way, not long now and we'll find out!

I think the reality of the scenario playing out now is this:

I'm 43, have only seen one Government do the right thing by it's people and that was Iceland when they listened to the people who said stuff the private bankers "we're not going into debt to save their gambling addiction" and they told thew World Bank, IMF to sod off,

Our collective governments have continually experimented on the human populace, through drugging, chem spraying (Uk Admit, Obama Admits it happens), and in the recent years they have systematically broke the education system and replaced it with an MTV come Celebrity culture complimented by the dumbing down of forced medication in the guise of Flouride, Aspartame and the influx of mass drugs culture etc,

So too summarise our Governments/NASA etc, will only look after the select few and we have been dis assemble to think that if we can't build it in our garages then it's impossible and doesn't exist!

Well for me, my mind is wide open, I didn't fall for the MTV-Celebrity trash, I don't do McD's, Burger King, Diet Soda's etc, I use flouride free toothpaste and natural soaps (non petroleum) olive oil based "PURE",

I'm certain Elenin as they call it is coming, and it may be very bad news for us if it is a comet because it may spin us purely by drag as it passes, then if there is this tail 1000's mile long behind full of rock then we may drift through it also!

Make peace with your neighbours, get storing basic foods:

Rice
Pasta
Tins
Bottles of water (lots)
Warm clothing
A tent and plastic sheeting
Wind/water proof matches
A knife/ves
Bow saw
Bungees

I could go on, but the crux is, what ever is coming! YOU need to prepare now some basic plan! forget the ridicule, do it! You can always eat the food later and with commodity prices screwing us, it'll be cheaper to eat a tin of beans in october than it will today!

I really hope I'm wrong, if I am will I feel silly/embarrassed! NO, I'm only following my instincts to survive because one certainty NASA know full well what's out there and they are not telling us the real story.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Elenin will pass and go and nothing will happen .
From Elenin benefits fearmongerers and liars .
There are 7700 professional astronomers only in American Astronomical Society. Do you think that scale of massive cover up is possible ? No way ! And stop with these Elenin threads

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentorman
If you've listened to guys like Hoagland over the years on outlets like coasttocoastam you see a pattern of promises of big news coming based on their inside information. But it never comes. Undisclosed sources are, well invisible. Usually nothing ever comes of such sources.

Agreed. There are always anonymous whistleblowers whose information never comes to pass. This is why I think the biggest conspiracy in this is money and notoriety. Though I leave room for the possibility of government involvement on both sides of the argument.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Who is to say that the conspiracy theorists are not working for the government

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Elenin will pass and go and nothing will happen .
From Elenin benefits fearmongerers and liars .
There are 7700 professional astronomers only in American Astronomical Society. Do you think that scale of massive cover up is possible ? No way ! And stop with these Elenin threads

Hi xavi, this isn't as much about a massive cover up to me as it is about who benefits. Elenin is just one topic among many that make me ask. Who benefits?

But for the record. I think you are most likely correct.

Elenin will pass and go and nothing will happen

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentorman

yeah.. because they are always selling a book or conference or some other crap, when these sensational stories come out...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Apokalypsis

I understand you
..But if we think a little deeper we can see that Government also benefits with this silly theories like 2012,Nibiru,Elenin,Raptures and thousands other noncenses. Why ? Because they are distraction of real conspiracies and problems ... Global economic crisis,unemployment,US default on national debt,College and education conspiracy, black projects(trilions are missing only in last decade) Monsanto and GMO,Surveliance,tapping and hacking private phones,unnecessary wars , drones attacks, spying scandals etc etc .

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
like you have pointed out, a very low percentage of the population is even aware of the existence of Elenin, so it would seem to me there would be little if any money to be made from pretending its really something other than a regular ole comet. even the more well-known comets people may be slightly familiar with are famously boring.

If you put all of these people on Good Morning America at the same time, i just can't imagine it sparking the lowest interest in those who don't already follow the subject. certainly not enough to boost any kind of book sales. i'd estimate 95% of americans don't read anyway, or if they do its tosh like Harry Potter and idiotic vampire novels. i guess my point, if i have one, is that if they're shills, they're not terribly effective shills. so why are they doing this? is it impossible that they actually believe?

and as much as i have watched and enjoyed and learned from Project Camelot interviews, Kerry Cassidy is a dolt/awful interviewer and i'm embarrassed for her.

<<   2 >>

join