It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My very own 4th of July UFO sighting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Now there's some art work just screaming for a refrigerator to hang on to!

You're correct no vid or digital pics are beyond alteration. I can tell that these pictures are un-retouched originals and thats good enough for me.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by darbur

Originally posted by gortex

Originally posted by darbur
pics or it didnt happen
drawings do not count plus it was the 4th of july i think every yank saw a spaceship that day

I'm really getting bored of the pics or it didn't happen crowd

It happened whether he has pictures or not , what you mean is pics or I don't believe you .
There are no pics so get over it and contribute or move on !!

@Maxmars
Thanks for the interesting report

how can you say it happened were you there
or are one of those that believes every story you are told without a shred of proof
there has to be more then just someones story or else that is all it will ever be just another story
anyone can say omg ive just seen a ufo and draw a picture would you believe them

More likely, he is one of those people who dont automatically think everyone around them is a liar. Just what is the gain for anyone these days to say they saw a UFO? Mostly it will just get you laughed at so if someone puts themselves out there willingly they are either pretty sure of what they saw or are gluttons for punishment.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I find myself veering from a sarcastic response about having to present affidavits to talk about what I saw, to simply accepting that there are those who nurture the laughter curtain.

No matter.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, those of you who don't simply presume my claim has some bizarre ego purpose, or other such psychobabble. .

I really need to get these ported over to the appropriate sites that collect such sightings. (I don't care if they "believe" me either.
)

..... Although.... my sense of verbosity drives me to add that it seems presumptuous to reject my comments simply because I can only 'tell' you what I saw. It is as if I had said I met with pixies... yet all I actually said was that I saw something. I've seen that precise reaction before; on mainstream TV, during the presidential debates when several politicians were 'diminished' because they had said they saw something. The ugliness of the meme comes from the conditioned response repeatedly interjected by the media, that such assertions are somehow automatically suspect. That was the same attitude that kept us in the dark ages for a thousand years.

Are we learning yet?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

..... Although.... my sense of verbosity drives me to add that it seems presumptuous to reject my comments simply because I can only 'tell' you what I saw. It is as if I had said I met with pixies... yet all I actually said was that I saw something. I've seen that precise reaction before; on mainstream TV, during the presidential debates when several politicians were 'diminished' because they had said they saw something. The ugliness of the meme comes from the conditioned response repeatedly interjected by the media, that such assertions are somehow automatically suspect. That was the same attitude that kept us in the dark ages for a thousand years.

Are we learning yet?

quoted for truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

S&F just for the pix

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Mate, SnF for the comic relief.

No doubting the fact you have seen a UFO, but the (not-so) elaborate drawings compelled me to atleast give you a thumbs up for the effort

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I like the report for it's detail and simplicity in how it was reported here.. and the stick figures look cool

And I don't think being laughed at when telling people about your sighting is anything new.. it's always been the case from my experience. Yes, I've had numerous close sightings of solid objects since I was a boy.. now over 50, and the response is always the same.. derision, laughter, sometimes persecution and always Disbelief.

Hope no one minds if I add an old sighting here for effect......

Almost 30 years ago some friends and I were spending a summery night at a lake where we saw two red lights doing aerobatics in the sky. Some time later, after they had disappeared over the tree horizon, a very large object slipped slowly out from a smaller arm of the lake to the main lake area..silently. It did not reflect the full moon's light so it appeared to be black as black on a background of well lit lake and forest.

It came to within 100 feet of us and turned on search lights that swept the water surface for a few minutes.. all the while being totally silent. WHen the lights went out it turned to the general heading we had seen the red lights approaching from and zoomed off. The interesting thing about that was it changed from blacker than night to a variety of colours until it was just a red light in the sky heading back where it came from... the whole process of zooming off that distance took less than 2 seconds.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Cheers for your interesting thread and your wonderful drawings of the event....

The main part of the thread I found most interesting was that you actually saw reflections of fireworks on the actual craft, that is truly I feel a billion to one chance and doubt whether such a view will ever be seen again. Of course photographs or video evidence would be brilliant to have captured this exciting moment, but even if you did, then people would still have doubted, especially if they spotted reflections of fireworks upon the craft, they would have straight away yelled CGI, or something similar straight away.

People have commented quite negatively about not having a camera to hand and laughed at your artist impressions using stick people and an oblong in the sky. I would like to point out to ATS members how time and time again paintings and drawings from the past have been posted on this website to be debated as to whether people believed they actually portrayed UFO's in times gone by. Within this thread you have several witnesses, are able to listen/read to a commentary of the event, and even have a grown up make crude drawings to tell of the event. This is a damn sight more information than what you get from paintings and drawings from times gone by.

To be truthful, I am damn fed up with the stupid video hoaxers and supposed sightings caught on video and photo's. This makes a refreshing change to see an excited grown man put a pen to paper to tell of an event captured forever in his mind and the mind of his friends and family.

I would love to see drawings done by your young daughter, I hope she writes a short story about the event and reads it out in a school class. I am 46, but I would love to sit at a school desk and listen to her account of the event, I bet the other kids would like it also.......

Cheers

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
How could anyone possibly question your veracity when you admit straightaway that you are not an artist?

truer words......were never spoken.

edit on 7/11/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
How could anyone possibly question your veracity when you admit straightaway that you are not an artist?

truer words......were never spoken.

edit on 7/11/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

I am not sure if I can recover from such a mortal blow to my D-ego

.Sadly,, the truth is self-evident.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Let me consult her, it sounds like something she may agree to.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I appreciate and respect your report. Very interesting, multiple witnesses, more detail than just a light source, good observational drawings. Pics or it didn't happen is pure hogwash.

I can understand your reluctance to post, as I am a fellow witness who becomes very touchy about suggestions of being a liar or charlatan. I come from a family where your word is your honor, and honor still means something. And I'm sure there are many witnesses who feel the same way, so likely some hugely important sightings are missing from the record.

Would you mind sharing what part of the country and town this was in, or did I miss that?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

How is it possible that the "ufo" goes from cylindrical to circular and then to an oval form? Was it shapeshifting along the way too? Funny drawings btw

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I was attempting to convey perspective..... I obviously failed.

Yeah, better drawings would be an appropriate addition to the thread...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Maxmars...

As someone who has been an investigator of unknown phenomena and an avid skywatcher for almost 30 years, let me just say that you have done the proper thing by posting your sighting and adding the illustrations along with the report.

Too many times 'we' (investigators), find a witness will not have the foresight to not only write down what they have seen, but add to it an illustration or two. And with the passing of time, comes more the chance to forget some detail. These along with the credibility of the witness('s) are worth 'gold' to a real researcher. So kudos for having done so. I have stacks of "stick-men" illustrated reports from credible witnesses in my file cabinet, and I'll be adding yours alongside (with a follow-up report after speaking with you privately).

Some may wonder, well why report anything at all if there are no photographs or video to accompany a sighting report? Well for one thing, having a report helps us Investigators narrow down specific areas where a sighting may have occurred. The more reports, the better chance 'we' have of possibly learning where it (the UFO) has been, and perhaps where it's heading towards. We can establish time-lines, trajectories and many other factors that otherwise would be unknown because someone failed to report their sighting. I could go on and on, but I hope that although it's a brief summary/explanation, that I've made my point of the importance to make a report.

With regards to the "Pics or it didn't happen" crowd... Pfffttt, they can only hope that their amateurish innuendos personifies them to a status of "Arm-Chair Researcher", and in my book, that isn't worth squat. You can always tell "who the amateurs are", by how they proceed after hearing a report. Anyone that has already made a comment or a determination on a sighting without the proper follow-through and/or questioning, isn't worth yours or my time, so pay them no mind.

Congratulations on your sighting! Looking forward to hearing more from you with regards to the sighting, and thanks for posting it here for us...

Johnny
UFORA / ATS Investigator

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
2- the "Pics or it didn't happen' defense is b/s and rejected utterly since no digital rendering of an event can be guaranteed to be true and accurate.)

I agree with this but four people and no pics? I am a bit disappointed I must say. Since it was the 4th of July it's not inconceivable to me that someone decided to launch a funny looking balloon but who knows. Have you checked MUFON?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A cool report, and yes, those stick figures running toward the barn are brilliant.

But regarding the sighting, I think it's interesting - considering one of the other replies, that these events often begin with red lights darting about, followed by larger objects appearing much closer.

Your report, the chap who replied above with his explanation of a similar event and ALSO the fact I've spoken to various fishermen who have reported the red lights darting about the sky, plus a few other online witness reports of similar events can only confirm to me these things DO happen, without a doubt. So I don't doubt what you saw or what any of these people have.

What I'd personally like to get to the bottom of - but never will - is why the red lights up high to begin with, followed by a fly-by afterwards? Are the red lights scoping the place out below giving the mother-ship the all clear? Whatever the case, an interesting statement you have here. And any future events with red lights and then large objects will certainly keep my attention.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

My wife, a friend of mine and myself also had a siting on the 4th. Very strange object that slowly flew over our town and actually flew back and forth a couple times. It wasn't a plane because it was very very low and had a single orange light that wasn't blinking. It also wasn't a helicopter as it was very low flew right over us.....didn't hear a thing. Not sure what I saw. Maybe Uncle Sam didn't agree with our political beliefs and wanted to make sure we were "behaving" on America's birthday. (even though the 4th isn't the correct date)
edit on 11-7-2011 by 12thHelix because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2011 by 12thHelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
as someone who has experienced a couple sightings i know what i saw
my brothers used to make fun of me for my beliefs until a couple yrs ago
one said if they were real more pics would be taken with everyone having cell phones
at a cookout one Sunday night i spotted a bright red light moving in the sky
we all watched for maybe 1 - 2 minutes trying to figure out what it was
it took off faster than anything turned right and gone
after a lot of discussion i asked who of the 20 of us took pics
no one all had cell phones
my brothers now believe
til you see for yourself you doubt after you believe

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Those drawings are perfect. Many old cases were reported just like that, so: perfect and traditional UFO report.

What if that mirror-effect is some sort of experimental technology? We know the properties and uses of reflection for several waves and wavelengths (from visible light to sound or even atomic). Maybe somebody was testing some (still obscure to us) capabilities...?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join