It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Kerry Just Because He Is Not Bush!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

But ya know what.. Even if you plan to vote Bush, I would still urge you to go out and vote. Complacency is worse than defeate.

Absolutely!

Ya know, since I don't want either fellas, I too would love for this year to be a landslide. Either way doesn't matter to me, just so long as we don't have to deal with the fiasco we had last time. No more whining about dangling chads, or popular votes. One cleary defined leader may do us some good. Even if it's a boob like Kerry or Bush.

Yes, the one thing i liked about Kerry's speech at the DNC was he mentioned how we need to be one country. This 50-50 or 49-51 bs is getting old. We do need a defined leader who everyone, well the majority can be proud of. Because you know we can not make everyone happy.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Never never neverrrrrrrrr, would I vote for Bush. I will never ever vote in this false voting system for anyone but, Definetly not Bonehead Bush. That is like continuing the rise of Hitler to the rise of The New Order. Prescot to George, Notttt...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadallready
Never never neverrrrrrrrr, would I vote for Bush. I will never ever vote in this false voting system for anyone but, Definetly not Bonehead Bush. That is like continuing the rise of Hitler to the rise of The New Order. Prescot to George, Notttt...

Yep, New World Order has a grip on us and there is no end in site. So what do we do in your opinion? Should we all boycott the Elections of 2004 and wait for the next. Maybe Nadar could win after all. I have few problems with Bush like stem cell reseach, gay marriage, and border patrol but the war on terror isn't one of those. Im will vote for Bush because we need to stomp these terrorist like roaches. I just don't think Kerry will fight a smarter, more sensitive war on terror (whatever that means). No one has givin me any reason to back them so i will vote for the Same. This is not a time for change, especially with the choses we have. just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Live as free as possible and if you do, die well. Freedom is note found in a vote for a jailer. Find the key to your cell and throw the Evil Bastard in it. This election is all bad, it is the most dangerous time in American history to vote for a guy like Bush. His trump card is a nuke and where in the hell is this dummie going to throw a nuke? Another country that terrorist came from? Well we made Saddam and Bin Ladin, so I guess he will be blowing up New York. That would certainly keep him in power and would vindicate the WMD stories.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix

I have few problems with Bush like stem cell reseach, gay marriage, and border patrol but the war on terror isn't one of those.

Please try to concentrate and tell us how well he is doing in the "war on terror". As is evident from all the news sources, Al Qaeda is doing quite well after almost 3 years of being supposedly hunted high and low. The alert that came out 2 weeks ago is the best evidence of that. They lost little capability. Why? Because the resources were squandered on the unnecessary (but rich with PR potential) war with Iraq, a country that posed no threat at all to the United States.

Im will vote for Bush because we need to stomp these terrorist like roaches.

Hahahaha wake up. Bush is busy propping his flagging polls, he needs the public (like you) to be scared and vote for him.

I just don't think Kerry will fight a smarter, more sensitive war on terror (whatever that means).

Maybe he won't invade another country for the PR value. That in itself would be very good.

No one has givin me any reason to back them so i will vote for the Same.

Because of lack of imagination? Sameness, sameness is your refuge.
Kerry is not likeable, but one has to think beyond that. America is now taking the toxic drug of GW Bush, and if we switch to placebo, that in itself would be a great deal.

How about cutting the criminally high budget deficit? Ending irresponsible tax cuts? Lack of funds has real and lethal effect on every facet of American life. Do you care at all?

This is not a time for change, especially with the choses we have. just my opinion.

Au contraire, mon ami, the time is ripe for change. It's time to end the ridiculous rule of the Dumb and the Greedy.

Peace.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I cannot believe anybody would vote for Bush again! And as for the lesser of two evils theory, how other than the lies spread by Bush's campaign is Kerry evil? Because he is a mason? Just about every president has been. Masons go back long before the USA was founded, the revolutionary war was fought under masonic code, British and Americans followed it. And for those who consider Bush and Kerry to be the same, the difference is if Kerry is elected, the world will give him the chance to redeem our standing in it. And that is important in these times, we need world cooperation to fight the war on terror. And Kerry has seen combat, he didn't weasel his way out, I don't believe for a second this new group of vets that has recently emerged to trash him, how can anybody not see they have been sent by the GOP? Kerry has a group of vets that have stood behind him from the beginning. How can one say who is telling the truth? Chris Matthews had both groups on his show the other night, and it was obvious he believed the pro-Kerry group, not that that should sway our opinions but it was interesting to watch. Personally, I don't see how Kerry could be considered weak on terrorism, how can we say that when we haven't seen him in action, it's all speculation, and we have seen Bush in action, we have seen the world divided like it's never been before.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I will vote for Kerry and give the man a chance. Somehow I get the feeling a terrorist attack will stop elections altogether, Bush's fondest dream.

Why would "Al Qaeda" want to strike before elections and have Bush remain in power indefinately, I will never know.

It would appear to me that "Al" would want Bush voted out and the new president in. Isnt Kerry supposed to be much weaker?

DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE DOES IT. Well, the government says its going to happen.

These people have lied to the public for sooooo long, they dont even know what they're saying or the reasoning behind their bogus lies.

When you tell lies you have to keep lying and tying the thread together so it all becomes one big lie. The dumbasses!!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Boss Tweed: Remember the first rule of politics. The ballots don't make the results, the counters make the results. The counters. Keep counting.

www.imdb.com...

The George W Bush election fiasco is referenced obliquely, when a politician says words to the effect that "elections are not won by the voters, but by the counters".

www.moviesite.co.za...

"Remember the first rule of politics: The voters don't make the results, the counters make the results." - Mayor of Tammany Hall, Gangs of New York

www.cozzifantutti.com...

electoral college, in U.S. government, the body of electors that chooses the president and vice president. The Constitution, in Article 2, Section 1, provides: �Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress.� However, no senator, representative, or officer of the U.S. government may be an elector. The electors are directed by the Constitution to vote in their respective states, and Congress is authorized to count their votes.

To win, a presidential candidate must have a majority in the electoral college. Before adoption of the Twelfth Amendment (1804), in the event that no candidate had a majority, the House of Representatives (voting by states, with one vote for each state) was to choose the president from among the five candidates highest on the electoral list. Then, �after the choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President�; in case of a tie the Senate would choose the vice president. The Twelfth Amendment, however, resulting from the confused election of 1800 (see Jefferson, Thomas, and Burr, Aaron) provided that electors vote for president and vice president separately. It also reduced from five to three the number of candidates from among whom the House was to choose�in case no candidate had a majority (only two presidents, Jefferson and John Quincy Adams, have been elected by the House).

From www.infoplease.com...

How the Electoral College Works
www.fec.gov...

Index of Problems Related to
the Electoral College
www.underdog-communications.com...

I say vote for Optimus Prime 2004 for all the good it will do you, shnoops.

"Autobots wage their battles to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons."

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Ischyros]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Bush is running this country perfectly like the words of Governor Schwartzanger- Democrats are girly men

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Bush is running a criminal enterprise. He is doing well at it. His family dynasty helped Hitler and ran a Contra opp and hijacked the 2000 vote fabulously. He got his old family allies to hijack planes and achieve a Pearl Harbor event that allowes a oil siezure. Hooray! It's all good. Like American weapons grade Anthrax. I loved seein Admiral Crowe on stage with Kerry. Crowe has 25% of BioPort and a fat contract for anthrax antidote for the U.S. Oh, who were those American Chemical rounds found in the ammo dump during the Gulf war a gift from? If you vote for these idiots, you are one of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Can't you guys figure out already that whatever bush is doing in the war against terror isn't working?

How could a country that employs the best technology and outnumbers terrorists fifty to one possibly be defeated?

Obviously its a problem with strategy, we should have won this thing a long time ago. Its time to change strategies, Kerry 2004!

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Obviously its a problem with strategy, we should have won this thing a long time ago. Its time to change strategies, Kerry 2004!

Skull and Bones
:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A man who cannot talk about education without making a humiliating grammatical mistake ("The illiteracy level of our children are appalling"); who cannot keep straight the three branches of government ("It's the executive branch's job to interpret law"); who coins ridiculous words ("Hispanos," "arbolist," "subliminable," "resignate," "transformationed"); who habitually says the opposite of what he intends ("the death tax is good for people from all walks of life!") sounds like a grade-A imbecile.

And if you don't care to pursue the matter any further, that view will suffice. George W. Bush has governed, for the most part, the way any airhead might, undermining the fiscal condition of the nation, squandering the goodwill of the world after Sept. 11, and allowing huge problems (global warming, entitlement spending, AIDS) to metastasize toward catastrophe through a combination of ideology, incomprehension, and indifference. If Bush isn't exactly the moron he sounds, his synaptic misfirings offer a plausible proxy for the idiocy of his presidency.

A true moron indeed.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Please try to concentrate and tell us how well he is doing in the "war on terror". As is evident from all the news sources, Al Qaeda is doing quite well after almost 3 years of being supposedly hunted high and low. The alert that came out 2 weeks ago is the best evidence of that.

Is that why we have been attacked again, because Bush isn't doing a good job? Al Qaeda is not doing well, you have let your hatred for Bush make you think the enemy is winning. Al Qaeda has been knocked off their feet for now but they will be back. Al Qaeda is not in one location or country, they are spread out all over the world. It is not as easy as you make it sound. The US still has troops in Vietnam, Germany, Japan and other countries so quit talking like the terrorist should be dead by now. Are yyou ignorant or are you just trying to get people worked up?

They lost little capability. Why? Because the resources were squandered on the unnecessary (but rich with PR potential) war with Iraq, a country that posed no threat at all to the United States.

haha..ok Aelita, Iraq did pose a threat to the United States. Iraq might not of posed a direct threat like Iraq sending troops to the US but they did pose a threat. Saddam admitted he had chemical weapons after the first gulf war and he did not show proof he had destroyed them like the UN (joke!!!) had requested. Saddam could of easily provided a group like Al Qaeda with chemicals that could be used in a attack on the US.

Oh, hey Aelita, where did Al Qaeda members run and hide after we took out their headquarters in Afghganistan, they went to Iraq!!! And i stand by my next statement!!!

"I will vote for Bush because we need to stomp these terrorist like roaches."

Hahahaha wake up. Bush is busy propping his flagging polls, he needs the public (like you) to be scared and vote for him.

How would a terrorist attack help Bush? I think a terrorist attack would help out Kerry more than Bush. If we get attacked AGAIN on G.W. Bush's watch he WILL NOT get elected. I am not sure why Democrates and Bush hater think that. Bush better make an attempt to stop the flow of illegals crossing the border from Mexico, something like 1500 a day. I will not be suprised if we are attacked again in the near future because as of yesterday Aug. 15th, an est. 22,500 undocumented immigrants have entered the US through Southern US border. Kerry hasn't mentioned anything about it either but I am not going to vote for someone just because they are not the other guy.

Maybe he won't invade another country for the PR value. That in itself would be very good.

huh? PR Value, yea he pissed off half the country, nice PR. Do you have a clue about what your talking about? By "invading" Iraq we have freed millions of Iraqis who in the past 20 years have seen their friends and family murdered in cold blood by the hunfrds of thousands. Saddam is now be accused of the dead and missing of 1,000,000 Iraqis in his 20 year power trip.

Because of lack of imagination? Sameness, sameness is your refuge.
Kerry is not likeable, but one has to think beyond that.

Yes you do, you have to think beyond your blinding hatred for Bush. Imagination? You have an imagination? Then can you imagine the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that died in the hands of Saddam? Not a just war? That alone is enough reason. This is problem with America today, only half of us know when we need to stand up and fight, the other half wants to wait for a death toll of 3,000+ before they act. Bush is going to stop the problem on their soil, not Americas.

America is now taking the toxic drug of GW Bush, and if we switch to placebo, that in itself would be a great deal.

If G.W.Bush is a drug, i don't want to come down. When that happens we will be attacked again and again because Kerry wants to fight a more sensitive war on terror. Damn lollygagger. How is war sensitive. Are we going to drop band aids with notes that say, "We Are Sorry, Lets Be Friends"

How about cutting the criminally high budget deficit? Ending irresponsible tax cuts? Lack of funds has real and lethal effect on every facet of American life. Do you care at all?

Aelita, we are fighting a war on terror in the 21st century. You wake up, how do you think Kerry going to fight the war, is he going to do it for free? And about the tax cuts, im not sure what kind of money you make but i want as much tax money back as i can get. These "irresponsible tax cuts" put a couple hundred bucks back in my pocket. If you don't want it send it back, or you can send it to me. Yes i do care, that is why i want MY tax money back so that i can spend it where and how i want. If you want the Gov to spend you money on what they want, send it to them, but dont speak for me, i want mine. And like i said this is not a time for change, especially with the choses we have.

Au contraire, mon ami, the time is ripe for change. It's time to end the ridiculous rule of the Dumb and the Greedy.
Peace.

Yea, So you think Kerry is going to "end the ridiculous rule of the Dumb and the Greedy". You need to step in reality Aelita, protend you do not HATE G.W. Bush for just a second and focus on the issues. Just put your blinding hatred aside and think.

No change, Bush 2004!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Look, here's the bottom line. In this war on terrorism, there is no American alive that we can get into office that will have any affect on the way we are being attacked or threatened. They hate Bush, that's obvious, but they will hate Kerry just as much. Why, because he represents America as well. You could put Michael Jordan in there, and the Islamic Extremist would still hate him jsut as much. It's not the person in office that they want to destroy, it's the life that we are living that they want destroyed.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Al Qaeda has been knocked off their feet for now but they will be back.

Politrix, read this statement and tell me there is no gap in logic here.

The US still has troops in Vietnam, Germany, Japan and other countries so quit talking like the terrorist should be dead by now.

US troops left Vietnam on the struts of helicopters at the end of the war in that country. Are saying the US troops are still stationed there? Please comment.

Are you ignorant or are you just trying to get people worked up?

I don't think I'm ignorant. I know that Al Qaeda found new locations in North Africa (I think Somalia is one).

Unless you prove to me that US has bases in Vietnam right now, you should consider yourself ignorant, actually. And even if they did -- the US has 140k troops tied up in Iraq right now. That more than troops in Japan and Germany combined, but that's also beseid the point.

140k troops and $100B should have been put to a better use than fix the desert.

haha..ok Aelita, Iraq did pose a threat to the United States. Iraq might not of posed a direct threat like Iraq sending troops to the US but they did pose a threat. Saddam admitted he had chemical weapons after the first gulf war and he did not show proof he had destroyed them like the UN (joke!!!) had requested.

Saddam didn't have chemical weapons to speak of. The UN inspectors were thorough and and their demands regarding the inspections were rigorous. At the end, Hans Blix was pretty sure there were no WMD in Iraq and the work of the inspectors was going to be finished. If you followed the news of that period, you'd see that the US torpedoed that one UN effort and didn't let them finish.

You are really not specific how Saddam was a threat. This is simply bullocks.

Saddam could of easily provided a group like Al Qaeda with chemicals that could be used in a attack on the US.

Saddam and Al Qaeda were not friends by any measure. Saddam was a secular dictator and in general was against any fundamentalist islamists. If Al Qaeda wanted to manufacture chemical weapons like sarin, they don't need Saddam's help -- remember the Aum Shinrikyo sect in Japan.

Oh, hey Aelita, where did Al Qaeda members run and hide after we took out their headquarters in Afghganistan, they went to Iraq!!! And i stand by my next statement!!!

You are standing by a truckload of false statements. Al Qaeda has its HQ in North Africa now, which you don't know because you don't read much and probably only watch Fox news.

It is true that Iraq may have become a recruiting point for them though courtesy of the ill conceived invasion.

How would a terrorist attack help Bush?

Because it makes people like YOU say "it's not time for a change".

By "invading" Iraq we have freed millions of Iraqis who in the past 20 years have seen their friends and family murdered in cold blood by the hunfrds of thousands.

I'm sick of this argument. The mandate given by Congress was to fight the (bogus) impending threat of Saddam deploying chemical wepons against the US, not to spread the flowers of democracy.

Yes you do, you have to think beyond your blinding hatred for Bush. Imagination? You have an imagination?

I don't hate Bush. I hade policies that undermine the standing of this country, the US of A.

If G.W.Bush is a drug, i don't want to come down.

Good bye, junkie. I pity you.

And about the tax cuts, im not sure what kind of money you make but i want as much tax money back as i can get. These "irresponsible tax cuts" put a couple hundred bucks back in my pocket.

Oh what a great occasion to celebrate. Most of the cut went to 1% of the reachest people. You got your $200 and are a happy camper. Jeez.

Yes i do care, that is why i want MY tax money back so that i can spend it where and how i want.

No I suggest you send the govt a check for a few thousand bucks to support the war in Iraq. Put your money where your mouth is.

And who's gonna cover the deficit? Oh well, you don't know much about finance either... The $200 check defines your budgetary prowess...

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

If G.W. wins he could pretty much do what ever he wants.

And that doesn't scare the hell out of you? It scares the hell out of me... I feel like a passenger in a car with a drunk driver at the wheel, swerving all over the road....with a cliff on either side....

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Then again, i was born and raised in the USA so i don't have a clue whether or not i would agree to your example. I say yes but i haven't been held hostage in my own country.

You obviously don't live near DC.

And, no it's not much of a stretch becasue from my example that is exaclty what Bush did. Which you seem to be compleatly supportive of. I mean hey.. like you said there are thoustands of people who are not under a dictatorship. Then again, they no longer have electricity all the time, their hospitals are full of wounded citizans becasue of the attacks against an occuping force, they have to deal with the humiliation of our troops taking pictures of the naked prisoners, food and water are becomming more difficult commadities, we have thrown their country into a state of chaos and likley civial war because we felt that they need to be a democracy, becasue we know best. I simply don't know why they are not all thanking us for "Liberating" them.

Hell, we don't even live in a Democracy. We are a Democratic Republic. But Curious Bush and Dick with a yellow hat needed some additional excuse to go there so the "spreading of democracy" seems like a good rallying idea. Looks like you jumped right onboared like a good little sheep.

You were born and raised in the USA? WELL $H!75 THE BED!!!!! I guess we all need to listen to whatever you say cause you obvioulsy know better then us.. Hell I bet noone else on this forum was "Born and raised in the USA"

Wraith

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I�m so sick of hearing how Bush is doing a great job on terrorism. How? Prove it! We have never had a foreign terrorist attack the magnitude of 911 since (hmm�.cough) Pearl Harbor in the US, so what are you comparing it to?

Buschwhack and his paddywhack cronies have

Set the stage with their pre-planned 911 attack.

They have done away with our rights via the Patriot Act.

They have pumped up false terrorist threats with color-coded alerts.

They have instilled fear in the average American that no one has had to experience before this joke of an administration came to office.

They have made a lot of people in their club very, very wealthy.

They have the most evil looking men in their administration who look more like Satan's little helpers then leaders of our country.

And you want me to vote for another 4 years of this?

Why?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

The US still has troops in Vietnam, Germany, Japan and other countries so quit talking like the terrorist should be dead by now.

US troops left Vietnam on the struts of helicopters at the end of the war in that country. Are saying the US troops are still stationed there? Please comment.

Darn!!! Sorry about that. I was in a hurry and didn't review my post. My original thought was "The US still has troops in Korea, Germany, Japan, and other countries" and that is example of how long it takes to solve the problems that lead to war. The US's conflict with Germany and Japan happened over 55 years ago and we are still there.

I will comment on other parts of your reply later and again i am sorry for making that mistake between Vietnam and Korea. The US hasn't had troops in Vietnam in 30 years so it is obvious i need to be more careful with future posts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join