Vote Kerry Just Because He Is Not Bush!!!

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
The tax cut should be repealed. How can anyone consciously look at the nation that's racking up debt at such astronomical rate?


Just cut Teddy Kennedy's three martini lunches that he puts on the taxpayer tab. That should help pay for everything!

Just teasing (sort of). A little light chatter in a heavy subject.




posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Aelita
The tax cut should be repealed. How can anyone consciously look at the nation that's racking up debt at such astronomical rate?


Just cut Teddy Kennedy's three martini lunches that he puts on the taxpayer tab. That should help pay for everything!

Just teasing (sort of). A little light chatter in a heavy subject.




It's a good one Flyers


I'll gladly pay for his martinis, for life, and for yours, too (if you vote Kerry)
hahaha


But the deficite should be dealt with as quickly as possible. It's an exponential function, remember? There can be no delay... You are right it's a heavy subject.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You are so right wraith...


ME SO STUPID!

Bush is not the problem.

Bush is the President of the United States. Not Europe or the Middle East.
he needs to act for US. Not anyone else.

By the way. if anyone thinks that 16 differnet politcal parties is the way then you are truely cluless.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Part of the reason I chose to not support Bush in this election was in fact the cabinet he has chosen to lead with. I have always felt the President was not the only reason to vote one way or another. Those the person chooses to lead with are equally important in my mind. With that being such a factor for so many I have talked to I would like to see Kerry/Edwards break with tradition and announce their cabinet postings before the election.

With that list Americans could compare both sides of the FULL governement leadership and make a decision based on those facts. I support both Kerry and Edwards but still would like to know who will lead other critical areas such as Homeland Security, Defense, Sec of State, Education and Environmental policy.

Okay that may never happen in this election but I think America is ready for a change. Presidentail candidates seem to run pretty much down the middle every election, you can tell more about them by the postings they have in their cabinets though.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Bush is the President of the United States. Not Europe or the Middle East.
he needs to act for US. Not anyone else.



You are so right! He needs to care for the interests of the United States, not his re-election.

He needs to build partnerships in Europe in order to make the US policies more efficient and not relying solely on firepower. He needs to get out of the nation building business and turn to his own nation which is in distress.

I totally agree with you, crmanager! He needs to act for the US. But he just acts for himself.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Aelita]



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I didn't vote for Bush the first time around and after he proved to be a disaster, I certainly won't vote for him this time.

Why I won't vote for Bush:
Four more years and women won't be able to have abortions, even in cases of incest or rape.
Four more years and stem cell research will be dealt a critical blow due to delays because of his personal religious beliefs.
Four more years and more money will be taken out of my pocket due to the rising cost of my healthcare and paying more in taxes.
Four more years of being penalized for living in a blue state.
Four more years of my sister, a teacher, constantly dealing with board of ed cutbacks, classes with nearly 40 students, the fear of being laid-off, all because of insufficient federal funding.
Four more years of worrying about increasing global terrorism because our government's preemptive aggression and imperialistic policies are exactly was inspires them to attack us.
Four more years of listening to BS about how we are safer when terrorism alerts are issued on a monthly basis.
Four more years of listening to lies about why we went to war in Iraq and why we will go to war in other countries (see PNAC.)
Four more years of contending with a unintelligent president that makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth. He publically admitted that he doesn't read and has also admitted that he needs "received wisdom" from his advisors, mainly because he can't make decisions or analyse situations by himself. This should be one of the main qualities of our commander-in-chief. The fact that he needs a team to tell him what is important is pretty scary given the fact that every member of his team has their own agenda (again, see PNAC). It also implies that we really don't know who he is and we are electing a fabrication created by his handlers. Based on the events that have taken place over the past 4 years, I would say that this is rather dangerous as we don't elect his handlers nor his advisors.

Why I am voting for John Kerry:
Because he has identified the above issues as being problematic and will try to do something about it... and he reads, and writes, and can make a decision without having to call Karl Rove....



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
Take a side and stay there.



Question, Do you think that if you believe in somehting and support it at one point in time.. and then after supporting something that you find that not only were you mislead but everythign you supported is being horribly mismanaged that you should contiue to support it?

In the light of new and better information is there anything wrong with changing your point of view?

Becasue yoru statement of "pick a side and stay there" goes against the idea of growth.

Wraith


You are right wraith30, we should be able to change our minds but Kerry for example flip flops and flop flips so many times i dont even know what to think. Kerry had the same intel Bush had when he said that the Saddam threat needed to be taken care of. Now he says Bush should not have acting so quickly. That is not what the Democrates were saying before the worthless UN attempted to find the WMD. This is where i follow the Republicans, somewhere in between resolutions and US entering Iraq the Democrates actually thought the UN did a good job of looking for the WMD. The UN is a joke, you do not give a leader like Saddam a timeline of where and when you are going to inspect a certain area. Do you warn your kid before you search his room for banned materials like drugs, porn, porn, and porn? No, you want to surprise them. Same goes when you are looking for banned material in Iraq. Saddam knew where and when the UN inspector were at all times. This is the reason i will vote for Bush, he lead us in, he will lead us out. This is not a time for change, especially for the unknown. We have promises of uniting with foriegn countries but no plan, just talk. Give me a plan Kerry.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i'll vote for (any one of the following):

1) Zippy The Pinhead;

2) Dolly Parton;

3) Cheech OR Chong;

4) Gilligan (of "Island" fame);

5) Ronald Reagan's corpse;

6) any one of the Beach Boys (whether alive or deceased);

7) Conan O'Brien;

8) Mary Kate OR Ashley Olsen;

9) Morris The Cat; or,

10) A loaf of bread.

JUST BECAUSE NONE OF THEM ARE GEORGE W. BUSH.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by redalert
i'll vote for (any one of the following):

1) Zippy The Pinhead;

2) Dolly Parton;

3) Cheech OR Chong;

4) Gilligan (of "Island" fame);

5) Ronald Reagan's corpse;

6) any one of the Beach Boys (whether alive or deceased);

7) Conan O'Brien;

8) Mary Kate OR Ashley Olsen;

9) Morris The Cat; or,

10) A loaf of bread.

JUST BECAUSE NONE OF THEM ARE GEORGE W. BUSH.


And you will deserve whichever one of those presidents you get



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix

Originally posted by wraith30

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
Take a side and stay there.



Question, Do you think that if you believe in somehting and support it at one point in time.. and then after supporting something that you find that not only were you mislead but everythign you supported is being horribly mismanaged that you should contiue to support it?

In the light of new and better information is there anything wrong with changing your point of view?

Becasue yoru statement of "pick a side and stay there" goes against the idea of growth.

Wraith


You are right wraith30, we should be able to change our minds but Kerry for example flip flops and flop flips so many times i dont even know what to think. Kerry had the same intel Bush had when he said that the Saddam threat needed to be taken care of. Now he says Bush should not have acting so quickly. That is not what the Democrates were saying before the worthless UN attempted to find the WMD. This is where i follow the Republicans, somewhere in between resolutions and US entering Iraq the Democrates actually thought the UN did a good job of looking for the WMD. The UN is a joke, you do not give a leader like Saddam a timeline of where and when you are going to inspect a certain area. Do you warn your kid before you search his room for banned materials like drugs, porn, porn, and porn? No, you want to surprise them. Same goes when you are looking for banned material in Iraq. Saddam knew where and when the UN inspector were at all times. This is the reason i will vote for Bush, he lead us in, he will lead us out. This is not a time for change, especially for the unknown. We have promises of uniting with foriegn countries but no plan, just talk. Give me a plan Kerry.


For those who think the UN was sitting on their hands in Iraq:


A State Department summary issued on November 16, 1998, indicates that UNSCOM has supervised the
destruction of:
48 operational missiles;
14 conventional missile warheads;
six operational mobile launchers; 28 operational fixed launch pads;
32 fixed launch pads;
30 missile chemical warheads;
other missile support equipment and materials, and a variety of assembled and non-assembled supergun
components.
38,537 filled and empty chemical munitions;
90 metric tons of chemical weapons agent;
more than 3,000 metric tons of precursor chemicals;
426 pieces of chemical weapons production equipment; and,
91 pieces of related analytical instruments.
The entire Al Hakam biological weapons production facility and a variety of production equipment and
materials


Source: www.csis.org...

This, needless to say, with a few Land Rovers full of inspectors, is a hell of a lot more than the US was able to find with a whole army. The UN was doing a good job in Iraq, despite what people would like to assume after the Oil for Food scandal.

Who knows what more they might have found if not for the US invasion?

-koji K.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
mpeake:
"And you will deserve whichever one of those presidents you get."

-----I didn't deserve the elected, er I mean "selected" W Bush... but I got him anyway. Also, a loaf of bread wouldn't have given me a fabricated story of lies in order to invade another country.


and also-

koji_K:

"This, needless to say, with a few Land Rovers full of inspectors, is a hell of a lot more than the US was able to find with a whole army. The UN was doing a good job in Iraq, despite what people would like to assume after the Oil for Food scandal.

Who knows what more they might have found if not for the US invasion?"

-----Yeah, I agree 100%... plus if they (the inspectors) had been allowed to REMAIN in Iraq instead of being forced to leave by GW Bush!



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   


-----I didn't deserve the elected, er I mean "selected" W Bush... but I got him anyway. Also, a loaf of bread wouldn't have given me a fabricated story of lies in order to invade another country.


You're right. If you didn;t vote for Bush, you don't deserve him. What I meant was, if you vote for someone just cause he's not Bush, well, don't complain when you get what you voted for and it ends up being just the same (ie. - Kerry).



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix

You are right wraith30, we should be able to change our minds but Kerry for example flip flops and flop flips so many times i dont even know what to think. Kerry had the same intel Bush had when he said that the Saddam threat needed to be taken care of. Now he says Bush should not have acting so quickly. That is not what the Democrates were saying before the worthless UN attempted to find the WMD. This is where i follow the Republicans, somewhere in between resolutions and US entering Iraq the Democrates actually thought the UN did a good job of looking for the WMD. The UN is a joke, you do not give a leader like Saddam a timeline of where and when you are going to inspect a certain area. Do you warn your kid before you search his room for banned materials like drugs, porn, porn, and porn? No, you want to surprise them. Same goes when you are looking for banned material in Iraq. Saddam knew where and when the UN inspector were at all times. This is the reason i will vote for Bush, he lead us in, he will lead us out. This is not a time for change, especially for the unknown. We have promises of uniting with foriegn countries but no plan, just talk. Give me a plan Kerry.


However we nor the UN are Iraq's "Parents"

LEt me ask you this.. how would you feel if.

Local police announce that in your neighborhood there is a known drug dealer. There are very iffy reports of there being a meth lab somewhere. The state police are organizing a house by house search for evidence using proper warents. Then, a new police chief from a differant county mobalizes swat swarms the neighborhood, trashing and setting fire to yoru house, your child dies from a stray bullet. Half the houses in your neighborhood are gone, all of this chaos sets off several riots. But they did manage to arrest the drug dealer but never found any evedence of the meth lab.

Would you be ok with that?

Wraith



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wraith, good way to put it in terms they may be able to understand. Mpeake, I am voting Kerry mainly because he is not Bush. Now I know this sounds ignorant, and it is. But i have seen what Bush does when he is president and I don't like it. So i could vote nader or Libertarian. I won't for that would be throwing my vote away. Maybe 30 years from now i could vote for a third party and have it count, but today a vote for a third party is a vote thrown away. But i also like the fact that while Kerry flip flops, he tells you about himself. Bush? Can't know his shoe size let alone what he did as Govorner or while going AWOL or his arrests. Kerry? FBI released 20,000 files on him. He has told about parts of his past that may seem irrelevant to be president, but it makes him look like a fighter, a man who actually fought in a war, unlike Bush who spent the time doing coke and drinking. Or so we think, for no one is allowed to see his arrest records.

Also, Kerry isn't Bush and unlike some liberals, doesn't want to take my guns.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Wraith, good way to put it in terms they may be able to understand. Mpeake, I am voting Kerry mainly because he is not Bush. Now I know this sounds ignorant, and it is. But i have seen what Bush does when he is president and I don't like it. So i could vote nader or Libertarian. I won't for that would be throwing my vote away. Maybe 30 years from now i could vote for a third party and have it count, but today a vote for a third party is a vote thrown away. But i also like the fact that while Kerry flip flops, he tells you about himself. Bush? Can't know his shoe size let alone what he did as Govorner or while going AWOL or his arrests. Kerry? FBI released 20,000 files on him. He has told about parts of his past that may seem irrelevant to be president, but it makes him look like a fighter, a man who actually fought in a war, unlike Bush who spent the time doing coke and drinking. Or so we think, for no one is allowed to see his arrest records.

Also, Kerry isn't Bush and unlike some liberals, doesn't want to take my guns.


I too know that my vote this year won't produce any results. But the way I see it, I want neither of them in office. And since I feel that nothing will change if one takes the others place, I feel ok with voting who I feel is right, not who I feel is less wrong.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I was working at Regan National when I met Kerry. I hasteled him about my pay check. 27k a year, netting 7 cents an hour. He said I was getting screwed and so did Ted Kennedy. Kerry seem a little hollow too me, like he was not fully charged. I still cannot get over seeing Legislators hop on a plane with a security force charge to protect them that is unable to pay the bills to secure their own homes. I am note voting at all. To me it's like listening to Clear Channel or paying for Cable to advertise to me. Democracy with an Electoral College? I think a better protest lies in the lowest turn out in history. Bush is going to win again anyway. You are a fool if you think otherwise. A low turn out and a massive Senate and House cleaning will do more to affect the power of the President. Think local. Haster and his Commerse Tax idea is just a ploy for my vote. Not gonna do it. ...I can't help it, I'm nuts. Boneheads and Bankers psss me off.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc
I didn't vote for Bush the first time around and after he proved to be a disaster, I certainly won't vote for him this time.

Why I won't vote for Bush:
Four more years and women won't be able to have abortions, even in cases of incest or rape.
Four more years and stem cell research will be dealt a critical blow due to delays because of his personal religious beliefs.
Four more years and more money will be taken out of my pocket due to the rising cost of my healthcare and paying more in taxes.
Four more years of being penalized for living in a blue state.
Four more years of my sister, a teacher, constantly dealing with board of ed cutbacks, classes with nearly 40 students, the fear of being laid-off, all because of insufficient federal funding.
Four more years of worrying about increasing global terrorism because our government's preemptive aggression and imperialistic policies are exactly was inspires them to attack us.
Four more years of listening to BS about how we are safer when terrorism alerts are issued on a monthly basis.
Four more years of listening to lies about why we went to war in Iraq and why we will go to war in other countries (see PNAC.)
Four more years of contending with a unintelligent president that makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth. He publically admitted that he doesn't read and has also admitted that he needs "received wisdom" from his advisors, mainly because he can't make decisions or analyse situations by himself. This should be one of the main qualities of our commander-in-chief. The fact that he needs a team to tell him what is important is pretty scary given the fact that every member of his team has their own agenda (again, see PNAC). It also implies that we really don't know who he is and we are electing a fabrication created by his handlers. Based on the events that have taken place over the past 4 years, I would say that this is rather dangerous as we don't elect his handlers nor his advisors.

Why I am voting for John Kerry:
Because he has identified the above issues as being problematic and will try to do something about it... and he reads, and writes, and can make a decision without having to call Karl Rove....


I totally agree! Totally with you on that! I didn't vote for him either in 2000, and never thought of him even once as "my" president! Heck, in four years, add to that, there will be a new branch of Christianity, that is mandatory and nationalized, called "Bushism". j/k
Seriously, with that man in office, we have a dictatorship, not a democracy. Heck, we don't have one now, as we speak, we have a corporate republic. There won't be an America to speak of in four years if he is elected. I am ashamed that he is from Texas, he has disgraced our state, and our country!



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadallready
I was working at Regan National when I met Kerry. I hasteled him about my pay check. 27k a year, netting 7 cents an hour. He said I was getting screwed and so did Ted Kennedy. Kerry seem a little hollow too me, like he was not fully charged. I still cannot get over seeing Legislators hop on a plane with a security force charge to protect them that is unable to pay the bills to secure their own homes. I am note voting at all. To me it's like listening to Clear Channel or paying for Cable to advertise to me. Democracy with an Electoral College? I think a better protest lies in the lowest turn out in history. Bush is going to win again anyway. You are a fool if you think otherwise. A low turn out and a massive Senate and House cleaning will do more to affect the power of the President. Think local. Haster and his Commerse Tax idea is just a ploy for my vote. Not gonna do it. ...I can't help it, I'm nuts. Boneheads and Bankers psss me off.


Yes teh 2000 elections did put a smear against the value of the popular vote. Hell even Carter said it was a BS election and that is what he does now going from country to country making sure their elections are fair.

Howerver would it not be a bigger statement to have everyone vote for the biggest turnout in history and have them vote Kerry for a lanslide vitory to rivle the Regan Mondale ballets? This election is too important to just bow out of because the last one was crap.

Then I can get friends together out by the whitehouse gates when the notification is made that Bush is out and we can all give him the one finger salute.

But ya know what.. Even if you plan to vote Bush, I would still urge you to go out and vote. Complacency is worse than defeate.

Wraith



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   


But ya know what.. Even if you plan to vote Bush, I would still urge you to go out and vote. Complacency is worse than defeate.


Absolutely!

Ya know, since I don't want either fellas, I too would love for this year to be a landslide. Either way doesn't matter to me, just so long as we don't have to deal with the fiasco we had last time. No more whining about dangling chads, or popular votes. One cleary defined leader may do us some good. Even if it's a boob like Kerry or Bush.



posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix

You are right wraith30, we should be able to change our minds but Kerry for example flip flops and flop flips so many times i dont even know what to think. Kerry had the same intel Bush had when he said that the Saddam threat needed to be taken care of. Now he says Bush should not have acting so quickly. That is not what the Democrates were saying before the worthless UN attempted to find the WMD. This is where i follow the Republicans, somewhere in between resolutions and US entering Iraq the Democrates actually thought the UN did a good job of looking for the WMD. The UN is a joke, you do not give a leader like Saddam a timeline of where and when you are going to inspect a certain area. Do you warn your kid before you search his room for banned materials like drugs, porn, porn, and porn? No, you want to surprise them. Same goes when you are looking for banned material in Iraq. Saddam knew where and when the UN inspector were at all times. This is the reason i will vote for Bush, he lead us in, he will lead us out. This is not a time for change, especially for the unknown. We have promises of uniting with foriegn countries but no plan, just talk. Give me a plan Kerry.


However we nor the UN are Iraq's "Parents"

LEt me ask you this.. how would you feel if.

Local police announce that in your neighborhood there is a known drug dealer. There are very iffy reports of there being a meth lab somewhere. The state police are organizing a house by house search for evidence using proper warents. Then, a new police chief from a differant county mobalizes swat swarms the neighborhood, trashing and setting fire to yoru house, your child dies from a stray bullet. Half the houses in your neighborhood are gone, all of this chaos sets off several riots. But they did manage to arrest the drug dealer but never found any evedence of the meth lab.

Would you be ok with that?

Wraith


Damn...thats a stretch, However if this drug dealer was killing my neighbors by the hundreds of thousands and my police chief couldn't do anything to help my neighborhood for the past 20 years then yes, it would be a difficult but i would sacrifice. I bet 20 years of watching my friends and family getting murdered would change your mind. It is not easy to say but i think i would. Then again, i was born and raised in the USA so i don't have a clue whether or not i would agree to your example. I say yes but i haven't been held hostage in my own country.





new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join